Photo
- - - - -

Does the Xbox One Day One Edition come with one free year of XBL Gold?

Xbox One Day One Edition XBL Xbox Live Free Year Rumor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kryten4000gti

kryten4000gti

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

My apologies if this has been hashed out in another thread.  I did try to search for it before posting.

I am considering getting a Day One Edition XBOX One.  I was going to pass, but when I heard that they were throwing in a free year of XBL, that sweetened the deal enough that it pushed me over the fence and I bit.  Now I see that there are sites saying that this was a mis-communication and I do not see it listed explicitly in the ads for the day one edition on amazon, etc.  Looking over the different forums, however, I see people who are posting in tweets (reportedly) from XBOX support where the 12 months of XBL is confirmed.

(for those interested and want to look it up, someone using @XboxSupport3 tweeted to someone named @SpeedyBlueDude that it was in the deal on June 10th and it was re-tweeted)

Has Microsoft put out any official clarifications?  The story was widely reported but then seemingly walked back.  Right now it is just confusing.  If anyone has anything official (not speculation, I am not trying to bait the trolls) that they could point me to, I would appreciate it.  If it is not part of the deal and I also have to purchase the headset, that may very well push me back to waiting.

Thanks

#2 htz

htz

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

hz.png

qpb.png

I hope this clears it up for you.

#3 Blublue4

Blublue4

I Won't Stare

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

HAHA BURNED!

Kidding. It's nice that someone would take the time to completely help like that.

#4 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

exclusive achievement is definitely the most hilarious thing ever.

#5 ColFantastic

ColFantastic

Ranking Officer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

exclusive achievement is definitely the most hilarious thing ever.

Totally. It's probably going to be 5 gamerscores too.

ColFantastic's Sell/Trade List

http://www.cheapassg...s-vita-games-w/

#6 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Totally. It's probably going to be 5 gamerscores too.

No, it'll probably be 0 Gamerscore, like the pre-order one (might be the same achievement even)

http://www.trueachie...chievements.htm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbox One, Day One Edition, XBL, Xbox Live, Free, Year, Rumor