Does the Xbox One Day One Edition come with one free year of XBL Gold?

kryten4000gti

CAGiversary!
My apologies if this has been hashed out in another thread.  I did try to search for it before posting.

I am considering getting a Day One Edition XBOX One.  I was going to pass, but when I heard that they were throwing in a free year of XBL, that sweetened the deal enough that it pushed me over the fence and I bit.  Now I see that there are sites saying that this was a mis-communication and I do not see it listed explicitly in the ads for the day one edition on amazon, etc.  Looking over the different forums, however, I see people who are posting in tweets (reportedly) from XBOX support where the 12 months of XBL is confirmed.

(for those interested and want to look it up, someone using @XboxSupport3 tweeted to someone named @SpeedyBlueDude that it was in the deal on June 10th and it was re-tweeted)

Has Microsoft put out any official clarifications?  The story was widely reported but then seemingly walked back.  Right now it is just confusing.  If anyone has anything official (not speculation, I am not trying to bait the trolls) that they could point me to, I would appreciate it.  If it is not part of the deal and I also have to purchase the headset, that may very well push me back to waiting.

Thanks

hz.png

qpb.png

I hope this clears it up for you.

HAHA BURNED!

Kidding. It's nice that someone would take the time to completely help like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back