Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Skylanders Giants Starter packs(all systems) $11 or YMMV $1 @ Target after TRU PM and $1.00 reserve and $10.00 MCD Coupon

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#1 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

I was able to pickup a Skylanders Giants Starter Pack at Target this afternoon for $1.00 after a PM to TRU $39.99 price a $10.00 off McDonalds Coupon and a $1.00 reserve for the Swap Force Game.

Link to McDonalds $10.00 off Coupon .pdf (good till 6/30/13)

http://www.happymeal...oupon_Final.pdf

Target is currently running a promotion to get $30 off the Skylanders Giants starter pack for any system if you buy the $1 reservation for the next game "Swap Force".

Toys-R-Us page showing the $39.99 price for all systems.

http://www.toysrus.c...CatId=&view=all

Most you should pay is $11.00 after PM and $1.00 reserve card. If they take the $10.00 off coupon it should only be a $1.00 plus tax.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

Thanks OP. Do you know if the register automatically took off the $30 when they scanned they $1 reservation for preordering Swap Force?

It's really hard to get my target to pricematch anything. I've never been able to do it. They require a physical ad and not a computer printout. I'm going to try tomorrow, but I doubt it will work at my specific target if the $30 promotion requires a override to go through after the price match. If it's automatic, I will have a chance if I can find a physical toysrus ad in the Sunday paper.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#3 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

Thanks OP. Do you know if the register automatically took off the $30 when they scanned they $1 reservation for preordering Swap Force?

It's really hard to get my target to pricematch anything. I've never been able to do it. They require a physical ad and not a computer printout. I'm going to try tomorrow, but I doubt it will work at my specific target if the $30 promotion requires a override to go through after the price match. If it's automatic, I will have a chance if I can find a physical toysrus ad in the Sunday paper.

It was automatic for me once she scanned the card. Also I didn't even bring in the ad they should have a iPad at customer service they look up price matches with.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

It was automatic for me once she scanned the card. Also I didn't even bring in the ad they should have a iPad at customer service they look up price matches with.

Cool. Thanks. Last time I tried pricematching in the videogame department and they sent a manager out to me to shut me down. I'll definitely try at the customer service desk. Maybe I'll have better luck. I'll post how it goes.

I haven't ever tried a skylanders game yet, but I'm curious what all the fuss is about. It looks like a fun 3d platformer. If they don't allow the Pricematch+$30 off, I'd settle for Pricematch+Mcdonalds coupon, or Mcdonalds Coupon+$30 off.

Does anyone know how much the 360 version costs at Target? The website says $69.99, but it also says "Online Price."

http://www.target.co... giants starter

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#5 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Here's hoping I can get them to do this for me.

I haven't ever tried a skylanders game yet, but I'm curious what all the fuss is about. It looks like a fun 3d platformer. If they don't allow the Pricematch+$30 off, I'd settle for Pricematch+Mcdonalds coupon, or Mcdonalds Coupon+$30 off.

More like Diablo-lite with physical DLC in the form of toys.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#6 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

Here's hoping I can get them to do this for me.

More like Diablo-lite with physical DLC in the form of toys.

Sounds fun. Every once in a while I'm in the mood for a decent kid's game where I don't have to think too hard.

I still have the Spyro's Adventure MEGA Pack sitting here unopened too. I got it during a deal for $25 at Bestbuy a while back. http://www.amazon.co...&seller=&sr=8-4

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#7 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

It's quite fun even if it still leaves me wishing it was just a tad deeper.  Makes me think of the Baldur's Gate and Everquest games that Snowblind did and really wishing they would do another game in that vein.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#8 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

Was so ready to finally bite, but my job had no reserve cards at all. :(

#9 Link127

Link127

Dad gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

I don't see my Target combining all these, but I am gonna try.  Would love to have a Wii U version for when I am done getting the achievements.

689866.png

#10 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

I don't see my Target combining all these, but I am gonna try.  Would love to have a Wii U version for when I am done getting the achievements.

Well it's mostly about getting a cashier that doesn't care enough to stop you.  Fortunately these are able to be picked up and carried to the front so you can avoid the electronics employee who's the most likely to have an issue.

Trade List

#11 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:45 AM

So if I buy this (big IF)....how much money should I expect to have to invest to be able to experience the full game?

#12 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

Well it's mostly about getting a cashier that doesn't care enough to stop you.  Fortunately these are able to be picked up and carried to the front so you can avoid the electronics employee who's the most likely to have an issue.

What sucks is my local target has the customer service desk outside the metal detectors. I honestly might drive to a far out of the way target to avoid being scolded my security.

Or just find a security person or employee and explain what I'm doing before I start looking like a shoplifter.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#13 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

So if I buy this (big IF)....how much money should I expect to have to invest to be able to experience the full game?

About $50 if you get things while on sale. It's actually pretty goddamn easy. 

#14 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:19 AM

About $50 if you get things while on sale. It's actually pretty goddamn easy. 

Buying this Starter pack...if I can actually get it for $1 (long shot) how much of the game % wise will it allow me to experience?

I just don't know that I want to bother with having to track down/buy/collect these small toys.

#15 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:22 AM

Buying this Starter pack...if I can actually get it for $1 (long shot) how much of the game % wise will it allow me to experience?

I just don't know that I want to bother with having to track down/buy/collect these small toys.

Out of the box you can play, beat and enjoy the game entirely as is.  You won't be able to get most of the collectibles and visit 5/8's of the side levels but if you can live with that then you're golden for $1.

Trade List

#16 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

Well, you'll be able to do the whole story and arena stuff, you just won't be able to unlock a lot of the extra crap like hats (that give all sorts of stat boosts) or soul gems (which allow you to level your characters up all the way).

#17 Graviex

Graviex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:26 AM

Tried this at my local target.. They let me price match, and then I said, "I wanted to get this too." and handed her the card.  She scans it and then is about to say the total and then looks at the screen confused for a second.  She then looks back at the card and says something like "herp derp, how does this work?" 

*mental face palm*

I knew this wasn't going to be easy now.. so then she proceeded to call over various managers, and it wasn't until the 4th one got there that they basically just said "Well its one or the other, you can price match, or you can buy it with the card."

I just said "I'm done." and walked away.  Better luck to the rest of you =/  Going to try this again at a different target tomorrow..

Posted Image

#18 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

Well, you'll be able to do the whole story and arena stuff, you just won't be able to unlock a lot of the extra crap like hats (that give all sorts of stat boosts) or soul gems (which allow you to level your characters up all the way).

The soul gems are fairly inconsequential if you're not buying other characters since they're just bonus powers but each one if specific to each character.  Personally I hate the hats but that's me.

Trade List

#19 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

The soul gems are fairly inconsequential if you're not buying other characters since they're just bonus powers but each one if specific to each character.  Personally I hate the hats but that's me.

You're right on the soul gems, but how can you hate the hats with all the ridiculous bonus stats? They makes some characters straight up murderbeasts! I have one that adds like, 50% extra crit and +100 damage!

#20 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

You're right on the soul gems, but how can you hate the hats with all the ridiculous bonus stats? They makes some characters straight up murderbeasts! I have one that adds like, 50% extra crit and +100 damage!

It's an utterly silly reason but that's exactly why I hate them.  I never enjoy when I feel like I have to choose between playing a game gimped or wearing something that I don't enjoy looking at.  It goes back to all the time I spent in WoW obsessing over whether to wear the pretty thing or the effective thing as the min/maxer and desire to play dress up collided.

Trade List

#21 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

It's an utterly silly reason but that's exactly why I hate them.  I never enjoy when I feel like I have to choose between playing a game gimped or wearing something that I don't enjoy looking at.  It goes back to all the time I spent in WoW obsessing over whether to wear the pretty thing or the effective thing as the min/maxer and desire to play dress up collided.

There are some totally stylin' hats, though. Just gotta find what fits you, bro.

#22 Dishinshoryuken

Dishinshoryuken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

How does the Reserve thing work? There have been some good deals that I wanted to do but did not want to get the games they were attached to.

Do you have to buy the game when it is released or do you just have to pay the reserve price and call it served?

Might do this for the boys since they keep fighting over Jet Vac and get them another.

What a wonderful sight. :360::psp:

#23 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

How does the Reserve thing work? There have been some good deals that I wanted to do but did not want to get the games they were attached to.

Do you have to buy the game when it is released or do you just have to pay the reserve price and call it served?

Might do this for the boys since they keep fighting over Jet Vac and get them another.

It's just a $1 card that you pay for, no obligation to pick it up and they don't take your name or anything.  If you do keep the card and decide to pick up the game you get a $5 gift card (unless they changed it).

Trade List

#24 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

Does anyone know if I can get a physical coupon for the McDonald's coupon. I think bringing a print out and trying to get $40 off a $40 game is a bit too fishy to not go with some better proof.

I might just buy the game for $10, than come back later and give them the $10 coupon. I'll just ask them to apply it. Hopefully they don't deny that.

#25 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Does anyone know if I can get a physical coupon for the McDonald's coupon. I think bringing a print out and trying to get $40 off a $40 game is a bit too fishy to not go with some better proof.

I might just buy the game for $10, than come back later and give them the $10 coupon. I'll just ask them to apply it. Hopefully they don't deny that.

You'e a lot more likely to get denied trying to do it that way.

Posted Image

#26 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

I'll try this when I get off work today
Posted Image

#27 Toltec

Toltec

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

I just replicated this deal. Did the price match first, handed over the card, the manager's eyes boggled and she said that it was a ridiculous deal. Then I went into the McDonald's offered manufacturers coupon, she scanned it and when I used my Red card (essentially cancels tax here) she said, "that's incredible." No hitch whatsoever.

ETA she forgot to give me back the reservation card, but I didn't really want it anyway.

#28 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

You'e a lot more likely to get denied trying to do it that way.

I think you're more likely to get denied anytime you try to get it for $1, at least that way he's already got the game as his property for $11 if they deny him.

Trade List

#29 HenDoggy

HenDoggy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

do you have to go to cs desk for pricematch? I scared the cs might remember me from just dance deal last time. I had trouble with that deal. I just want to go to a regular register and pricematch and pay with my other items. That way it is less suspicious

#30 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

Debating if I want to go give this ago.  Terrified how much my girl might spend on this stuff if I bring that first dose into the house though.

Posted Image