Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Skylanders Giants Starter packs(all systems) $11 or YMMV $1 @ Target after TRU PM and $1.00 reserve and $10.00 MCD Coupon

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#61 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

Paid a little over $12 after tax and red card 5% discount for starter set for Wii u and a $10 figure. Probably will just return the figure later. Another fantastic Target deal cags well done, and good luck to others in getting this deal. Thanks OP!

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#62 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

Are you guys getting this coupon from McDonalds, or are you just printing out an online one?

I would assume printing from online. The toys are long gone by now. I kind wish I had kept the ones that came with my kids toys. I had like 8 of them at one point. lol.

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#63 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

Decided to give this a go for gits and shiggles.

Went to Electronics Dept.....located the only Starter Pack for 360 remaining.  Asked associate if I could pricematch with him or if I needed to go to CS.  Was directed to CS located at front of store.

Explained to lady I wanted to price match with TRU from their sale this week.  After about 10 minutes she was finally able to locate it on her precious iPad that was locked up in a drawer.  Price dropped from $74.99 to $39.99 as per price match.  Handed her the Swap Force card....price drops to $9.99 + $1 for the card.  Hand her the coupon....$1.64 after tax!!!  For whatever reason I was charged tax on the $9.99 + $1 price instead of just on the $1 which I wasn't about to haggle over.  It was a difference of $0.57...not worth an argument.

Her jaw nearly about hit the floor and said she was very impressed with the sale and that everything worked out.  I might go back tomorrow to pick up a Wii copy for my girlfriend's nephew.  I'm planning on keeping this copy for myself....can't beat that price.

#64 pdwayne

pdwayne

Dial "F" for Funny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

no problem here! got two, from different targets. 360 and Wii. the order I purchased them in was:

price match tru
McDonald's coupon
then preorder

both cs managers couldn't believe it, the lady said "that's ballin'". Ballin' indeed.
"I have a lot of work to do this afternoon. Those mines aren't going to sweep themselves." Jim - The Office

#65 abilyk

abilyk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Here are some suggestions to make this whole thing more likely to go through.  First, plan to buy more things than just the Skylanders pack & pre-order card.  For me, I picked up a couple of Nintendo eShop points cards as well.  This will keep anybody from raising eyebrows at a $1 + tax grand total for your purchase.

Also, don't mention anything about mixing the pricematch and their pre-order deal.  Talking about it will make it more likely for them to deny you.

I'd suggest to follow these steps, in order.  This is in line with the post above, but a couple more details to help.  This worked for me yesterday:

• Hand them the Skylanders and the ad, ask them to pricematch TRU.
  • Hand them the McDonalds coupon, tell them you want to use it.  Their corporate policy does allow pricematch + coupon, so you can print this out to show them just in case: https://corporate.ta...nd Banner#q1976
  • Hand them the rest of the stuff you're going to buy, including the Swap Force pre-order card.  The additional $30 discount will automatically happen when they do this step, and fingers crossed they don't notice it, or don't care.  DON'T ask them if the discount happened or do anything to point it out -- just know in advance what your total after discounts should be (the price of your other stuff + $1 + tax), and if it's right, pay quickly!

#66 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

Thanks OP, the misses was able to snag one for the kid for $1 ... all from her phone, no print outs. From what the Manager was saying if it works it should just go through, which it did. Although one of the CS associates, not the one waiting on her, was going on and on about it not being right and something must be wrong and how at TRU she would have had to call the Manager, to which she replied she had already talked to him ... mind you this was before the final $10 off coupon. Lol. :)

The only thing she didn't get was the $5 off the reservation because they were out of them ... not like we were planning on using it anyway.

Thanks again OP, definitely made my kid's day. :)

... something tells me there's going to be a whole lot of copies of Swap Force on the clearance rack in the near future. 

#67 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

Swing and a miss at the closest store, they had zero of the Swapforce cards and they wouldn't do it without them.  Anyone just want to pick me up a 3DS copy for cost + shipping?  :rofl:

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#68 Specialolympian

Specialolympian

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

Totally worked for me.  priced matched (which took forever for them to find.  they eventually let me show it to them on my phone) then asked to get the preorder and then gave them the coupon.  $.99 with tax on $10 odd.  but was like $1.79 after everything.  i did get a girl who could could not care less.  she even said "i dont think i can do this but whatever" so some one who cares might not let it happen so easy. 

#69 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

Thanks OP, the misses was able to snag one for the kid for $1 ... all from her phone, no print outs. From what the Manager was saying if it works it should just go through, which it did. Although one of the CS associates, not the one waiting on her, was going on and on about it not being right and something must be wrong and how at TRU she would have had to call the Manager, to which she replied she had already talked to him ... mind you this was before the final $10 off coupon. Lol. :)

The only thing she didn't get was the $5 off the reservation because they were out of them ... not like we were planning on using it anyway.

... something tells me there's going to be a whole lot of copies of Swap Force on the clearance rack in the near future.

From what I know when I worked at Target, reserves mean nothing. They didn't have a track on a store by store basis.

xivpads.png

#70 Specialolympian

Specialolympian

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

on a side note the swap force preorder cards are in their own area, across the 3DS display in my store with only about 4 left for the 3DS.  didnt see any for other systems.  just going to bring mine if i try again.

#71 UNC5052

UNC5052

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

Do you mean that they were out of the preorder cards for Swap Force?  My Target hasn't even gotten any in and they said that they didn't know if they will.  They said that they couldn't honor their own deal without the cards.  Were you able to do it without the preorder card?

#72 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

Sweet, I was able to get the last Wii U pack today for only $1. Thanks OP!

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#73 Martin2014

Martin2014

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

Thanks OP. I picked it up without a hitch for $1.

#74 j.elles

j.elles

Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

Picked up the PS3 version for $1.  Glad I got this before they sold out/stopped accepting the price match or something.  Thanks OP.

"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised."
"Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

#75 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

Thanks, OP.  Worked without a hitch when I picked up the WiiU version.  Couldn't have had a better employee at customer service.  She said, "Wow!  What a great deal!"  

She took the words out of my mouth.  

#76 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:44 AM

Thinking of giving this a go tomorrow...but I don't want to get into another gateway drug.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#77 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

Ended up getting a 3ds and wii u copy this evening. I was just going to get a 3ds one until the clerk asked if I wanted to get another. I guess someone hit the store in the morning and cleaned out the ps3/360 copies. Probably some slick deals flipper....
"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#78 cgxcswim

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:32 AM

Got a ps3 version just now, no problems at all. Employee was like "wow I'm going to get this now"

#79 Akridsky

Akridsky

Flipping for dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:22 AM

Ugh. I'm the only person who got denied. LOL.

#80 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:25 AM

Ugh. I'm the only person who got denied. LOL.

What happened? 

534753.png

#81 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

Target 1 turned me down. I was buying a bunch of items (about 6 things I needed). The customer service person kept saying "Something is wrong" and kept voiding the transaction and ringing everything up over and over again. Finally she decided to ring up the Skylanders game separate from everything else. Eventually she went and got a manager to turn me down. 

Drove to Target 2 and they didn't have any preorder cards anywhere. They checked the system and it came up as zero. They said the game department person would be off of lunch in 15 minutes and I should wait for him because he will know where they were. I waited 20 minutes and guess what? He didn't know where they were. The employees were nice about it though and were as dumbfounded as I was as to why the tags are all over the store and no Skylanders cards are on them.

Drove to Target 3 and used sassylaurie's method of buying the $39.99 megablocks set since I bought everything I needed at Target 1 and Target 2. I finally got lucky and it worked. I didn't even mention the McDonalds coupon. I was just happy to get it for $10 + $1 preorder. I'll be returning the megablocks set tomorrow.

At least the shitty Target 2 (actually a really nice store, but never got any preorder cards) wasn't a complete waste. I bought 2 Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Packs for Ps3 for $10.98 each. They were clearanced at $20.98 and I used the McDonalds coupon on them. If for some reason someone wants a ps3 Spyro's Adventures Starter pack, I'd be willing to trade one for a Skylanders Giants 3ds starter pack.

Thanks OP and thanks sassylaurie for the megablock idea. :)

Ended up getting a 3ds and wii u copy this evening. I was just going to get a 3ds one until the clerk asked if I wanted to get another. I guess someone hit the store in the morning and cleaned out the ps3/360 copies. Probably some slick deals flipper....

What do you mean "slickdeals flipper"? ;)

"Excellent, got them for a total of $1.47 each, using the Target Red Card, got 1 for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and Wii U; makes great gifts!!! Thanks OP, reppd and thumbd up!!!"

:roll:

"picked up 2 WiiU, 1 PS3 and 1 3DS from 2 Targets using the McDonald's coupons. Will try again tomorrow for 2 more."

----Those were just some quotes from the most recent posts on SD. I don't have the patience or the stomach to read the rest. I guess they're not really hurting anyone except other people who want to buy the Starter Packs this week.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#82 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:11 AM

What do you mean "slickdeals flipper"? ;)

"Excellent, got them for a total of $1.47 each, using the Target Red Card, got 1 for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and Wii U; makes great gifts!!! Thanks OP, reppd and thumbd up!!!"

"picked up 2 WiiU, 1 PS3 and 1 3DS from 2 Targets using the McDonald's coupons. Will try again tomorrow for 2 more."

----Those were just some quotes from the most recent posts on SD. I don't have the patience or the stomach to read the rest. I guess they're not really hurting anyone except other people who want to buy the Starter Packs this week.

I probably should have included that the clerk told me about someone picking them all up.

I kind of have to eat crow when I talk sh*t on flippers because I used to be one in the worse of ways. At some point I had an epiphany that I was really acting like a hording jerk and was wasting entirely too much time on doing it just to make a few bucks. I in no way have quit flipping, but the level to which I do so has gone down significantly. I will occasionally flip a game here or there after playing it. Or if I find an old rare game, sell it to the highest bidder. But to clean out an entire store of stock is just deplorable to me and frankly pathetic. The fact that the people brag about it makes it even more irritating. It makes me feel sick the amount of stupid crap I did. I guess you can say I've seen the light.

I did buy two copies of the game on this deal, but I bought the 3DS version for car trips for my kids, and the Wii U version for home. Before anyone accuses me of hording.  ;)  

#83 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

yeah it didnt work for me. I got other items with it, and when it rang up it told her that I could already get it for 39.99 with the preorder purchase I said I didnt want to, and then when she saw the discount from buying the preorder anyways she got a manager who then claimed I cant purchase multiple items at GS and I cant buy items with an item I have price matched.... with who I got into it with not because of the deal but because shes a fucking liar and I cant stand that shit when it doesnt matter what I say since shes a manager. 

534753.png

#84 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:17 AM

I probably should have included that the clerk told me about someone picking them all up.

I kind of have to eat crow when I talk sh*t on flippers because I used to be one in the worse of ways. At some point I had an epiphany that I was really acting like a hording jerk and was wasting entirely too much time on doing it just to make a few bucks. I in no way have quit flipping, but the level to which I do so has gone down significantly. I will occasionally flip a game here or there after playing it. Or if I find an old rare game, sell it to the highest bidder. But to clean out an entire store of stock is just deplorable to me and frankly pathetic. The fact that the people brag about it makes it even more irritating. It makes me feel sick the amount of stupid crap I did. I guess you can say I've seen the light.

I did buy two copies of the game on this deal, but I bought the 3DS version for car trips for my kids, and the Wii U version for home. Before anyone accuses me of hording.  ;)  

Lol, no accusations here. Hopefully those SD quotes were people who at least went to multiple stores. You're right about how screwed up it is for someone to clean out a whole store. I can't believe an employee or manager let that transaction at your store go though. I guess there aren't any "limit 1 per customer" stipulations, but still...

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#85 Graviex

Graviex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

Ugh, haven't gotten this to work at any target I've been to yet.. All I really want is the Punch Pop Fizz since hes my favorite looking character.  If anyone's willing to get me a 3DS version or even just willing to part with the red Pop Fizz for cost + shipping, it would be MUCH appreciated -_o

Posted Image

#86 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:35 AM

Target management are like nazi's now ... 3 targets and I ran into issues at each one .... even though the damn thing rings up just fine.

#87 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

Yeah if anyone is able to get a PS3 copy at a store that they know it works at I am totally willing to pay for shipping.... I would greatly appreciate it. If possible at all shoot me a PM. 

534753.png

#88 beatngurnuts

beatngurnuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:42 AM

got this today, had the $10 off from mcdonalds, payed $1.05 out the door.

#89 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

You guys that got this must have some luck, every manager was going over this with a fine tooth comb and the minute the price dropped to $1 it was game over. I felt like a smuggler going through customs ...

#90 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

You guys that got this must have some luck, every manager was going over this with a fine tooth comb and the minute the price dropped to $1 it was game over. I felt like a smuggler going through customs ...

I didn't even have the cojones to try the McDonalds coupon to get it to $1. At the first store I went to, the employee flipped out at the $9.99 price (pricematch+preorder). I knew instantly it was a no-go. I can imagine how she'd react if I did the pricematch+coupon+preorder.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler