Tritton Warhead $125 @ BB

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

Just saw the Tritton Warheads for $124.99 at Best Buy. YMMV, but these came out for $250 just a little while ago.

EDIT:

Credit to admiralvic for the link

http://www.bestbuy.c...2&skuId=5936865

That's also the online price of them. 

This is a great deal if you buy 2 other accessories to lower down the cost a possible $10 or $15 using the buy 3 accessories over $75, $100, $150 and save $10, $15, $30 deal.

Posted Image

#2 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

Damn this is a nice price for this headset..... If it was universal I would buy it no questions. Im shifting over to my PS3 now though to get ready for the PS4 :/ 

534753.png

#4 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:12 AM

Thanks, was on my phone at the time, didn't realize it was a fully drop. There's lots of drops at BB lately, but just in time for the save $10, 15, 30 deal they have when you buy 3 accessories.

Posted Image

#5 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

Now is a bad time to buy with next gen coming. Good price for the only true wireless headset for 360 though.

#6 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

Now is a bad time to buy with next gen coming. Good price for the only true wireless headset for 360 though.

Why? Sony Pulse headset was confirmed to work, so that should mean all current shit works too. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#7 TeamUnderdog

TeamUnderdog

It's Not a Deal! It's a Steal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

Man if these worked on PC too, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but from what I've read they do not =/

card.png
453976.png

#8 JustinSaneV2

JustinSaneV2

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

Man if these worked on PC too, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but from what I've read they do not =/

Not even with wireless adapter?

I know the official wireless headset works with it.

#9 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Why? Sony Pulse headset was confirmed to work, so that should mean all current shit works too. 

So you know this will work the Xbox One?

#10 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

According to MS no current accessories will work, but I figure that is referring to first party and control based ones. In terms of headsets if they use analog audio (red/white) they will not work, but if they use HDMI or optical I see no reason why these wouldn't work for GAME audio. These will NOT work on the XBOX One for chat audio since the controller connection is different, no idea why, ask MS....

EDIT: In terms of Sony and the Pulse, look at Sonys track record for accessories. For PS1/2/3 they used the same connector for composite/component video. They also allowed any 2.5HDD on the PS3 and are making every Move component besides the eye (for obvious reasons) work with the PS4. Plus they are using bluetooth in the PS4 just like the PS3, meanwhile MS is not including bluetooth with the XBOX One for no logical reason besides forcing people to buy their accessories instead of using stuff they already own.

They also allowed any 2.5HDD on the PS3 and are making every Move component besides the eye (for obvious reasons) work with the PS4. Plus they are using bluetooth in the PS4 just like the PS3, meanwhile MS is not including bluetooth with the XBOX One for no logical reason besides forcing people to buy their accessories instead of using stuff they already own. 

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#11 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

wish it was in stock around me, may as well pick it up for that price.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#12 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

According to MS no current accessories will work, but I figure that is referring to first party and control based ones. In terms of headsets if they use analog audio (red/white) they will not work, but if they use HDMI or optical I see no reason why these wouldn't work for GAME audio. These will NOT work on the XBOX One for chat audio since the controller connection is different, no idea why, ask MS....

EDIT: In terms of Sony and the Pulse, look at Sonys track record for accessories. For PS1/2/3 they used the same connector for composite/component video. They also allowed any 2.5HDD on the PS3 and are making every Move component besides the eye (for obvious reasons) work with the PS4. Plus they are using bluetooth in the PS4 just like the PS3, meanwhile MS is not including bluetooth with the XBOX One for no logical reason besides forcing people to buy their accessories instead of using stuff they already own.

Yeah... that one is on me. I am use to that "only works on blank" thing being nonsense, but it seems that this one is actually Xbox exclusive. My bad. 

#13 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

That is actually not true, this headset does not connect to anything on the controller, so the controller connection has nothing to do with it. Tritton has commented that they are going to talk about Xbox One compatibility in the near future, which probably means it wont work, but it has nothing to do with the controller connection. This is the only completely wireless headset there is for xbox, even for the voice chat 

534753.png

#14 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

That is actually not true, this headset does not connect to anything on the controller, so the controller connection has nothing to do with it. Tritton has commented that they are going to talk about Xbox One compatibility in the near future, which probably means it wont work, but it has nothing to do with the controller connection. This is the only completely wireless headset there is for xbox, even for the voice chat 

Then how does it do voice audio? Via USB input or a wireless method? I thought only official MS headsets can do wireless audio, interesting.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#15 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Then how does it do voice audio? Via USB input or a wireless method? I thought only official MS headsets can do wireless audio, interesting.

The headset connects wirelessly directly to the system. They cut a deal with Microsoft and the headset actually has the 360 wireless security chip in it, so yeah its pretty awesome. 300 was crazy for one system, 125 is really really fucking tempting. 

534753.png

#16 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

What do people think of this Warhead compare to the Turtle Beach XP510?  I've been banking my RZ points to save up enough to buy either this one or the TB. 

#17 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

What do you plan on playing on? 

534753.png

#18 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

What do you plan on playing on? 

If you were asking me... I play on all systems (Xbox, PS3, PC)

#19 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

If you were asking me... I play on all systems (Xbox, PS3, PC)

Then I would not get the Warhead. It is Xbox 360 only for voice chat. You can get the audio to work on a PS3 but you will not be able to voice chat at all. I would recommend the TB even though they are much more expensive, and honestly at this point if wireless is not a big deal to you, I have the PX21 with the Surround Sound Amplifier and that is a way cheaper option to tide you over into next gen. 

534753.png

#20 gamingforrealnow

gamingforrealnow

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

I think my constant pestering of amazon to price match has finally worked. Available for $124.99 direct from amazon.com. As of this post, they list a 2-4 weekly wait for availability but that is usually a very safe estimate and will likely ship earlier.