sunday ads

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#31 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

Huh, didn't know that. But I just looked at my copy. It has printed off art work, no manual, and the disc itself has a clear label over it from when I bought it YEARS ago from Blockbuster. Selling on ebay prob won't net me as much as Target due to those issues.

Maybe, maybe not. List all the issues with it and put it up for 7 days starting today at $33. If someone bids then you got cash instead of gift card, if it goes higher than you made more, and if it doesn't then you take it to Target on the 28th.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#32 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Maybe, maybe not. List all the issues with it and put it up for 7 days starting today at $33. If someone bids then you got cash instead of gift card, if it goes higher than you made more, and if it doesn't then you take it to Target on the 28th.

I doubt a game without manual, original box art, and the disc with a giant clear sticker that you can't remove will sell for 80% of what complete copies sell for.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#33 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

Huh, didn't know that. But I just looked at my copy. It has printed off art work, no manual, and the disc itself has a clear label over it from when I bought it YEARS ago from Blockbuster. Selling on ebay prob won't net me as much as Target due to those issues.

#34 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Target has some guidelines for trade INS and values drop based on original box, manual, quality of disc, etc.

#35 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

I doubt a game without manual, original box art, and the disc with a giant clear sticker that you can't remove will sell for 80% of what complete copies sell for.

If the game itself is rare enough, and sought after enough, then you'd be surprised.

I'm currently selling a copy of Beast Wars Transmetals for the N64 on eBay for $20 that once (and for the most part still does) have a big giant blockbuster sticker on it. I bought it from Half Price Books for like $5 a month ago and then realized I actually already owned a copy, sans the sticker, and saw how much it went for on eBay so decided to sell it.

Target has some guidelines for trade INS and values drop based on original box, manual, quality of disc, etc.

This too, Target probably won't even take the Diablo trade-in as is, so really, nothing to lose by trying to list it on eBay.

Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#36 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

Target trade-in guidelines online ask the following questions.

Is the game scratched/cracked? Y/N

No, it just has a sticker on it

Does it have the original artwork? Y/N

This is a no, but it looks just like the original, a collector would notice the difference, but a store wouldn't

Does it have the original case? Y/N

Yes it does

So to me it would be much easier to trade into Target then to hope I sell it for $40 on ebay.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#37 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Target trade-in guidelines online ask the following questions.

Is the game scratched/cracked? Y/N

No, it just has a sticker on it

Does it have the original artwork? Y/N

This is a no, but it looks just like the original, a collector would notice the difference, but a store wouldn't

Does it have the original case? Y/N

Yes it does

So to me it would be much easier to trade into Target then to hope I sell it for $40 on ebay.

The sticker alone might be enough to foil that attempt, but by all means go for it. Personally I'd even take $20 in cash over a $30 gift card any day but that's me.

#38 NeoMonk

NeoMonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

It would be interesting to know if these $10 credit in pre-order applies for PS4 games.

#39 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

If the game itself is rare enough, and sought after enough, then you'd be surprised.

I'm currently selling a copy of Beast Wars Transmetals for the N64 on eBay for $20 that once (and for the most part still does) have a big giant blockbuster sticker on it. I bought it from Half Price Books for like $5 a month ago and then realized I actually already owned a copy, sans the sticker, and saw how much it went for on eBay so decided to sell it.

This too, Target probably won't even take the Diablo trade-in as is, so really, nothing to lose by trying to list it on eBay.

yeah EBAY FEES AND PAYPAL FEES

#40 Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey

Born To Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

iconbestbuy.gif Get any one of theses titles for $9.99 or less when trading in 2 eligible titles

:360: :ps3: :wiiu: :pc: Call of Duty Black OPS II $59.99

:360: :ps3: Injustice Gods Among US $59.99 

:360: :ps3: BioShock Infinite $59.99

:360: Gears of War Judgement  $59.99

:360: :ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 $59.99

:360: :ps3: Skyrim Legendary Edition $59.99

:ps3: The Last of US $59.99

:wiiu: ZombiU Wii U $59.99

:wiiu: New Super Mario Bros U Wii U $59.99

iconbestbuy.gif Buy 2 preowned games, get the 3rd free

Credit to BainBridge's_Stache @ br.com

Posted Image

People whining about having to do their job is annoying. Hence you no longer have a job and people buy most of their reading materials from the internet. Fuck off and go work at McDonald's now.

Best Buy managed to out-Gamestop Gamestop. Good show. :applause:

8-) Real gamers don't shop at GameStop 8-)

#41 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

Lol the trade 2 get 1 game for 9.99 are among the worst trade in "deals" in history across the board.  It's always trade two recent release grade A games, and 10 dollars to get a game. Pathetic deal.

#42 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

The link doesn't work but thanks for the info

I think it will go live when the ad goes live.

#43 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Lol the trade 2 get 1 game for 9.99 are among the worst trade in "deals" in history across the board.  It's always trade two recent release grade A games, and 10 dollars to get a game. Pathetic deal.

Depends, their were few good trades with sales on games all around last time to take advantage of this promo since you really didn't have to buy the new game. They just gave you the credit on games (even if they werent two of them) to do as you please.

Thanks OP as always for the early ads. Look forward to your ads come holiday season! :)

#44 Discofrog

Discofrog

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Nothing for me this week, thanks for posting anyway OP.

Trophy/gamer card and Backloggery in spoiler.

Spoiler

#45 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

$50 PS3 Network Card

When are they going to be on sale!!?
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Bravely default

#46 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Actually this promo wasn't too bad if you took advantage of the recent Blockbuster BOGO on games up to $29.99, as they had copies of BLOPS 2 for PS3 and 360 for $30 apiece pre-owned.  So you could've bought 2 for $30, then paid $10 for the game of your choice. Not to mention most of the Wii U games that qualify for the promo were also cheap at Blockbuster during their BOGO sale.

Of course, the promo page also says you can just use the $50 on anything from BB, so you're not even locked into buying the game really.

Gamestop used to do this all the time and if you got a clerk that didn't really understand or know about the promo, you could just say nothing and have them load the $50 onto a gc for you and leave without buying anything.

FYI: This is the current page for this promotion: http://www.bestbuy.c...1&CJPID=1312731

#47 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

thanks op, nothing for me this week

#48 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Actually this promo wasn't too bad if you took advantage of the recent Blockbuster BOGO on games up to $29.99, as they had copies of BLOPS 2 for PS3 and 360 for $30 apiece pre-owned.  So you could've bought 2 for $30, then paid $10 for the game of your choice. Not to mention most of the Wii U games that qualify for the promo were also cheap at Blockbuster during their BOGO sale.

That's still not a great deal, considering that you could have gotten more than $25 for each copy just trading it in directly at either Best Buy or GameStop.

#49 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

Of course, the promo page also says you can just use the $50 on anything from BB, so you're not even locked into buying the game really.

Gamestop used to do this all the time and if you got a clerk that didn't really understand or know about the promo, you could just say nothing and have them load the $50 onto a gc for you and leave without buying anything.

FYI: This is the current page for this promotion: http://www.bestbuy.c...1&CJPID=1312731

So now that the values on some of those game tanked can you still go to BB and say "hey, this ad states I'd get at least $50 for these 2 games...I want my credit"

That's still not a great deal, considering that you could have gotten more than $25 for each copy just trading it in directly at either Best Buy or GameStop.

It wasn't a deal at all. More of a suggestion. Also, it states "at least $50", so yes, some were trading in for more than $25 each.

#50 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

The b2g1 used games interests me--thanks

#51 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Wow Best Buy is literally becoming Gamestop

I really thought they couldn't sink any lower, but they keep surprising me

Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 FurryCurry

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

So I got an email about July "Black Friday" shenanigans tomorrow. Does anyone have a clue?

Buy everything! QUICK!

Posted Image

Forget the old lady! Shop! NOW!

#53 PoorChoices1967

PoorChoices1967

Abuser of commas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

So I got an email about July "Black Friday" shenanigans tomorrow. Does anyone have a clue?

Weekend sale I think. My best guess is that it'll still be the games on sale this week, and probably one or two extra knocked down. Also, Zumba I hope. With Zumba not being on sale during Amazon's Gold Box, I'm kind of going on horrible work-out game sale withdrawal.

#54 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

yeah EBAY FEES AND PAYPAL FEES

With a $33 sale (the price talked about earlier) you would still wind up with around $29 in your pocket.

FYI, I sold that "acceptable" condition copy of Best Wars Transmetals for N64, with a mostly scraped off Blockbuster sticker, for just under $24 + Shipping.

#55 abbabaab

abbabaab

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:11 AM

If only gamestop did generic B2G1s nearly as often as Best Buy did.

#56 ThePriceIsRight

ThePriceIsRight

Kupo b*tch!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 dropped from $17 last week, to currently $14.08 -_-.....not a good sign for the upcoming promo.

#57 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

I'm hoping Star Trek stays on that list! I have 2 copies that I'd definitely trade in for a $50 GC.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#58 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

I'm hoping Star Trek stays on that list! I have 2 copies that I'd definitely trade in for a $50 GC.

then you better do it  before sunday, because they change the tiv during midweek now

#59 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

What's the trade in %?
Always posting from my iPhone sorry for any formatting issues! :bouncy:

#60 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Best Buy's best deals are usually from coupon screw-ups and one-day sales.

Other than that they are overpriced (imo retail = overpriced....it's the CAG way)