sunday ads

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#61 Zurcamos

Zurcamos

The Antifanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

I'm hoping Star Trek stays on that list! I have 2 copies that I'd definitely trade in for a $50 GC.

Spent forever talking to both a BestBuy.com employee and a regular store employee about the offer.  Was told, "The site you're on isn't BestBuy.com.  The offer doesn't exist, and it never did.  Two of my general managers have never heard of it, and they would have, if it was real.  It's a scam."

Well, I can't argue with some of that (not a real deal, scam, etc), but they are a bunch of clueless idiots.

#62 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

Prices haven't updated yet but there is the link:

http://www.toysrus.c...PS3-Xbox-360-Ga

$35 price is good for PS3/360 only

Prices tend to go live early Sunday morning. If you have eBay bucks TRU's eBay store should have the same prices as well.

#63 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

thanks, but nothing for me

#64 Kickin' Wing

Kickin' Wing

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:01 AM

Thank you. Bought Metro @ BBY today and was just about to open it  :D/

#65 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:26 AM

I think this is a sign...I'd been looking all over for a deal on Skyrim Legendary for PS3 for the past week and found nothing...looks like a BBY PM to me tomorrow!
Posted Image

#66 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

If the prices on the website are truly going to be doubled I'm going to have to go trade in some stuff, there's a good amount of profit to be made there.  Heck, I can trade in FIFA 13 and Ni No Kuni then turn around and have them price match them to BBY and walk out with a profit and two new copies.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#67 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

What's the trade in %?

The fine print says 50% trade-in bonus.

#68 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

https://deals.bestbu.../#!/video games

Did you guys see this:

Go to page 17, it shows 4000 Microsoft Points for $14.99. Scroll down" The CoD Season Pass Says $14.99...

Miami+Flash15.png

Waiting for:

:xb1: Halo: MCC

#69 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

It's not in the paper ad, and clicking through leads to the online listings for the season pass and points at $49.99 each.

#70 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

It's not in the paper ad, and clicking through leads to the online listings for the season pass and points at $49.99 each.

Oh it's not in the paper ad. Maybe they could PM it in-person 

Miami+Flash15.png

Waiting for:

#71 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

Thanks op.i like b2g1

Games My life..8.gif

#72 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

Looks like I too will PM @ BB, bioshock & skyrim after I dump vanilla skyrim and most wanted!

#73 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

For some reason buy 2 get 1 free isnt working online yet.

#74 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

Wondering if these values will stay the same. If so, will head there in the morning.

Miami+Flash15.png

Waiting for:

#75 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

Wondering if these values will stay the same. If so, will head there in the morning.

I'm really expecting them to stay the same then pull some BS so I'm going to take what I intend to trade but just bring in one or two and get a quote on it before I drag the whole shebang in.  Seems way too good to be true but then again the prices they gave on all that old stuff last month were also too good to be true.  I expect that SD'ers are going to be all over this either way and wouldn't be surprised if it got shut down by tomorrow (assuming the values are going to be double what they are online).  Going to be real hard not to trade some of these in if they give me these prices though.  Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter 3DS could be $38.46 each which is like $12 more than I paid in the first place!

FYI these prices are already fluctuating from five hours ago.  Fire Emblem's up $3.50, Luigi's down $1.50, Monster Hunter's up $5.50, Persona 4G is down $3.50 (all before doubling) according to the prices I wrote down about then.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#76 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

Well, the values just updated.  A couple games I was planning on trading in went up, and a couple went down.  Nothing drastic though.

EDIT: they added back a bunch of titles too.  For example, the first 3 Halo games along with Lost Planet 1 and 2 and probably more.

#77 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

Well, the values just updated.  A couple games I was planning on trading in went up, and a couple went down.  Nothing drastic though.

A lot of the ones I wanted to do profitable updates to new copies just nose dived to that not being worth it.  Ni No Kuni down $1.50, FIFA13 down $3, PSABR down $3, Sly4 down $2, Tomb Raider down $2.50, Persona 4 down $3.50.  Those are big changes when you double them.  Will still take Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter I suppose, not going to get $38.50 for those anywhere else.

Trade List

#78 thisisthetito4

thisisthetito4

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

Oh it's not in the paper ad. Maybe they could PM it in-person 

its a obvious mistake.i called CS and had him place an order for me at that price.Its was around 1:30am pacific time and he was telling me to wait till 8am for the price to adjust online.he was just saying that cause they wanted time to fix it.but i told him everything was already at sales price online already so in the end i got it adjusted.the ps3 version that is since xbox/pc are in store only.im pretty sure some people can still get it at that price since its still showing in ad online....that is until its out of stock..so sugest u guys hurry before its removed

#79 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

thought there was supposed to be b2g1 free on used this week? how come it's now showing on bby.com?

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#80 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

A lot of the ones I wanted to do profitable updates to new copies just nose dived to that not being worth it.  Ni No Kuni down $1.50, FIFA13 down $3, PSABR down $3, Sly4 down $2, Tomb Raider down $2.50, Persona 4 down $3.50.  Those are big changes when you double them.  Will still take Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter I suppose, not going to get $38.50 for those anywhere else.

With Ni No Kuni hitting $20 today, this is likely your last shot to get that much for it.

MildObstruction.png

#81 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

thought there was supposed to be b2g1 free on used this week? how come it's now showing on bby.com?

By the time they have it fixed the good stuff will be out of stock, so I just placed an order anyway and will try to get it adjusted later.

MildObstruction.png

#82 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

With Ni No Kuni hitting $20 today, this is likely your last shot to get that much for it.

Yeah, but I haven't played it yet so I'm not looking to give it up.  All of the ones I listed in my second post were ones that were profitable flips from what I originally paid, enough so that I could have gotten another copy now or in the near future and still come away with gift card money.

Edit- Hmm, I wonder if the price match and pre-order combo still works.  Could take the gift card then turn around and get Skyrim LE for $25 ($35 matched to TRU then minus the $10 promo) and turn around and hand it to the mobile guy for $40 (assuming still that this is working since I haven't gotten to leave yet).

Trade List

#83 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

FYI guys, BBY doesn't list Toysrus.com as one of the designated online retailers that they'll PM, so YMMV on PMing anything here at BBY.

If there's a paper ad with these prices and you have a TRU location nearby, you might have more success.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#84 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Thanks OP, gonna pick up Skyrim. Just got the Legendary Collector Edition Guide @ GameStop last night for $6.XX!! That book is massive!

Anyone wondering how I got a $50 guideso cheap. They are currently doing 50% off all Strategy guides.(either today or tuesday is the last day) So the price was $24.99 then I use the $20 off Guide Coupon from the PowerUpRewards site.
bleedingwicked.png

#85 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Is this in store to? /dumbquestion

#86 Zalaki

Zalaki

Worker by night, Gamer by day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Gah I just got one of AWD for $37... wish I waited could have got it new from here

Currenty Playing

:pc: Diablo 3 , Day Z  :applause:   | :ps4: Bound by Flame

:360: Left4Dead  | :vita:Borderlands 2 :D/ |   :wiiu: Windwaker HD

Check out my items for trade!

#87 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

Is this in store to? /dumbquestion

Looks like its in the weekly ad, so I would say yes it is also instore.
bleedingwicked.png

#88 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

Three games on that list I want and don't yet own.

BlopsII - my dumb ass couldn't make myself walk up to the register during the B1G1 sale at BBV a few weeks ago.  No explanation otherwise.

Bioshock Infinite - not a priority game and haven't seen it for a price I want ($20).

Injustice - I want this game but couldn't' get it during that $10 GS crapshoot sale that one afternoon.  Haven't seen it for $20.

I want Tomb Raider for $20 but that hasn't presented itself yet either.

#89 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Did anyone mention GOW ascension is 19.99?

#90 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

Thank you. Bought Metro @ BBY today and was just about to open it  :D/

BB doesn't post purchase PM anymore. You will have to buy a 2nd copy and then return one of the sealed ones with your original BB receipt.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png