Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Newegg Big Video Game Sale - A lot of Cheap Games!

Newegg newegg video game Video Game Sale sale Free free

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

change the thread TOPIC title, Rebates are annoying to deal with!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#32 PAULINK

PAULINK

Woah, I can edit this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

Tempted on picking up Crosswords (I don't know what it is about that game) for $4. But the posts on here are making me weary.

Posted Image

#33 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

Mail in rebates are the biggest legal scam invented.

#34 ferris182

ferris182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

Most of the games are sold out.  Doesn't look like I will get anything.

Of note, I have always had good luck with the NewEgg rebates (I have got about 6-7 rebates from PC games)

It usually takes 3-4 weeks to receive the pre-paid visa card and I just use it when paying for groceries or at Target.

#35 lydon

lydon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:33 AM

Thanks OP! Grabbed Singstar, totally going to belt out Beautiful Day nonstop.

JoeGazi.png

#36 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

:\ Cutting out the UPC and then dealing with the wait for the rebate.. and inevitable call to customer service.

Still a better deal than signing up for Target Redcard. That's just asking to be brutally &^*##'d.

#37 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

ack rebates put in topic rebates are slow and unreliable and so 90's...

Backlog_Overload For Presadento cowabunga

#38 stonecold259

stonecold259

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

Damn, very good deals

#39 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

so of you need the upc for the rebates and most of these expire on June 30th.....wouldnt most if not all of you not be eligible for the rebates by the time you get the game(s) in the mail?

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#40 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

so of you need the upc for the rebates and most of these expire on June 30th.....wouldnt most if not all of you not be eligible for the rebates by the time you get the game(s) in the mail?

You have to order by a certain date then there's a different date for the submission of the rebate form.

#41 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

:\ Cutting out the UPC and then dealing with the wait for the rebate.. and inevitable call to customer service.

Still a better deal than signing up for Target Redcard. That's just asking to be brutally &^*##'d.

Not to go off topic, but what's wrong with the Target Red Card?  I love that I get 5% back on my purchases and I particularly like that it's done on the spot, and not until you get your bill (which is what Macy's does).

#42 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

got ya. Well most of the good deals ate gone now anyways. Would of probably picked up Never Dead and the Darkness 2.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#43 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Mail in rebates are the biggest legal scam invented.

Yup.  Requiring people to follow a set of instructions is an enormous scam.

#44 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

Also, I heard you can sign up for a Target Red Debit Card instead, if Credit is a big issue.

It's worth it. Saving an additional 5% while being responsible is a steal. You also get extra days for returns.

#45 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

I was going to print the rebate form for MOH!

It was supposed to last to the 30th. God ******

Emailing customer service.

TRADE LIST LINK BELOW: SELLING BRAND NEW PS4 and (DAY ONE EDITION) XBOX ONE

I am also selling off a portion of my trade list, please send me offers if interested. ENJOY. Help me clear some space!

#46 JJFutbol

JJFutbol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

I tried this rebate thing once with Newegg for the Brink PC game. It came out free with the rebate. Hard to say no to that. I received the rebate but they weren't kidding that it would take about 6 weeks or so. It took so long that I most likely won't do it again. So much effort into it I realized why am I doing this just to save $10. In the end I don't think it was really all that worth it. I hope Newegg drops this and does more upfront discounts. That was always a better deal. I've noticed now that with some new preorders they offer a card instead of a discount upfront which they use to do often. I've bought some great deals this way on games I knew I wanted at release.

#47 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

I was going to print the rebate form for MOH!

It was supposed to last to the 30th. God ******

Emailing customer service.

Here is the link for it http://images10.newe...un30113yh62.pdf

Typically you can just go into your order history under your account and it will have a print rebate link to the right of the item you bought for a while after your purchase (I think up to 1 month after the rebate expiration date).

I do not see how so many people are complaining about rebates and how they are so hard or time consuming. This is not the old days, they are easy to fill out with clear instructions and then it is just waiting, I have not had to inquire about a rebate at all for the past 4 years (did not really buy stuff with rebates before then). I have spent more time trying to get promotions that best buy was running honored, the proper price (charging me an extra $5 for preorder DLC), or price matching at stores then I have dealing with rebates.

#48 jad999

jad999

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

Too late to the party, most are all ready sold out.

John

442607.png

#49 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

Not about being lazy. ive been working. no time to print the form.

TRADE LIST LINK BELOW: SELLING BRAND NEW PS4 and (DAY ONE EDITION) XBOX ONE

I am also selling off a portion of my trade list, please send me offers if interested. ENJOY. Help me clear some space!

#50 KornKid91

KornKid91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

Is their a rebate page? If I just browse games most of the stuff I see pop up cost more than Amazin prices.

EDIT: Found it http://www.newegg.co...e=Rebate-Center

#51 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

Not to go off topic, but what's wrong with the Target Red Card?  I love that I get 5% back on my purchases and I particularly like that it's done on the spot, and not until you get your bill (which is what Macy's does).

There are many complaints regarding how quick they are to issue penalty fees. I've never had a problem submitting a payment online for my other credit cards 3 days in advance but with this Target card I was hit with a huge overage fee because they processed the payment a day late. Since I was a new customer they credited me the fee but I haven't used the card again. You either need to submit your payment over a week in advance or go in to the store and pay your balance off there & get a receipt. Those penalty fees, yo.. they're even higher than the value of whatever you bought.

#52 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

#53 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:58 AM

Anyone have a link or anything for the Neverdead rebate?  There is no record of it on Newegg's website, wtf.

Thanks!

EDIT

Newegg CS got it for me, its weird it didn't show up in my invoice or by search on their site like all the other ones have.  Good lesson to save the rebate before ordering.  In case anyone else needs it;

http://images10.newe...Jun3013yh62.pdf

Offer #49720

Edited by Needles-Kane, 02 July 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#54 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

There are many complaints regarding how quick they are to issue penalty fees. I've never had a problem submitting a payment online for my other credit cards 3 days in advance but with this Target card I was hit with a huge overage fee because they processed the payment a day late. Since I was a new customer they credited me the fee but I haven't used the card again. You either need to submit your payment over a week in advance or go in to the store and pay your balance off there & get a receipt. Those penalty fees, yo.. they're even higher than the value of whatever you bought.

This sounds like the Sony Card, based on my experience.  Mailed a week early and still got hit with a substantail late payment penalty (one day late).  Haven't had any problem with my Target Card yet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Newegg, newegg, video, game, Video, Game, Sale, sale, Free, free