Gamestop: 4 used games $9.99 or less for $20

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#61 starman98

starman98

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Anyone in Texas? Has it been confirmed here?

#62 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

Confirmed at my store in albany, ny. It includes ALL games 9.99 according to the rep I just spoke to, time to go for a ride!

stay away from my storesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

dang it im up in verona gambling so ive got people like you cleaning the store out

#63 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

Anyone in Texas? Has it been confirmed here?

This.  Anyone know about TX?

#64 sirpikaz

sirpikaz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

stay away from my storesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

dang it im up in verona gambling so ive got people like you cleaning the store out

Don't worry, far from clearing out the store, I only purchased 8 games, and I'm not going store to store.The store I went to, there is plenty there, one small hand written sign, and everyone is assuming it applies only to games in the bin. I'd say you're good.

#65 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Gamestops here in CA don't open for another 30 minutes. Will check and post update when I come back.

card.png

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

#66 sirpikaz

sirpikaz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Also,

the Rep I purchased from said It is definitely by Region, there are only 5 small regions doing it, she didn't know exactly which ones however.

I did just looked at my receipt, I got 8 for $20, we were chatting a lot so I assume we just both missed it, the sign definitely said 4 for 20, and it all has to be manually entered, figured out by calculator, there is no code for them to enter. Like previously stated I see "Promotion not found" because it was manually discounted.

#67 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

I did just looked at my receipt, I got 8 for $20, we were chatting a lot so I assume we just both missed it, the sign definitely said 4 for 20, and it all has to be manually entered, figured out by calculator, there is no code for them to enter. Like previously stated I see "Promotion not found" because it was manually discounted.

New promotion "Flirt with the cashier and get free games!"

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List - H: MK8 Promo Game Choice

#68 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

Still hard to believe, since GS typically only does this to grandfathered games once the new console is already out. I don't see why they would be doing this so early.

Anyway, I am in the region that people are reporting it valid from. I'll actually take a picture of the promo sign and post it if it's real.

#69 TheMaximumC

TheMaximumC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

I actually DO work at GS (in California), and I worked Tuesday and Friday night and heard nothing about this. This is not a thing that is happening people. IDK where OP got his info...

I work again at 3pm PST (Sunday June 30th), and I will let you guys know if the 50% extra store credit thing is true. Or whatever deals ARE actually going on.... will post back when i get off at 7pm PST.

Yeah, I actually DO work at GS. If you read the thread you'd have realized that 1) I heard this straight from the DM and 2) We already established it's not all stores.

Do you know which stores in RI? I live about 10 minutes away from the one in Woonsocket. And 15 away from the one in North Attleboro, MA.

Narragansett for sure, but I'd assume most of them, except maybe Westerly since they are in another district. I'm pretty sure Woonsocket would have it, I'd just give them a call up first.

#70 Hydelloon

Hydelloon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

2 stores in San Antonio Texas have no idea about this.  One of the stores called another and that other store said no also.

#71 TheMaximumC

TheMaximumC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Still hard to believe, since GS typically only does this to grandfathered games once the new console is already out. I don't see why they would be doing this so early.

Anyway, I am in the region that people are reporting it valid from. I'll actually take a picture of the promo sign and post it if it's real.

Yeah, though that's probably why this only for the cheaper ones. Free up some space that is taken up by the 100's of old Madden copies. 

There are no signs for it (not yet anyways, they might be sending them), and there's no code, it's something that has to be manually entered.

#72 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

I hate it when companies do stuff like this but don't even inform the employees. I'm not saying the Gamestop stores that are in on this don't know about it, I'm just going from personal experience.

Usually I go to a store and the employee has no idea what I'm talking about. It's sad when customers know more about what's going on than the damn store.

#73 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, though that's probably why this only for the cheaper ones. Free up some space that is taken up by the 100's of old Madden copies. 

There are no signs for it (not yet anyways, they might be sending them), and there's no code, it's something that has to be manually entered.

Ah damn, well I might not have much luck then. Whenever I go to a store and ask about a good sale I've heard about on here and there are no signs up for it, the employees usually deny it. There are definitely some hoarders working at the stores around me. =\

#74 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

2 stores in San Antonio Texas have no idea about this.  One of the stores called another and that other store said no also.

Which ones? I was going to head to the one on Walzem in a little bit.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#75 blacktrinary

blacktrinary

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Stores in the Houston, TX area code 77042 don't have this deal. Hope to save some trips and calls for those who live in the area.

#76 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

The Gamestop on Walzem in San Antonio didn't have the deal going on.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#77 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Stores in the Houston, TX area code 77042 don't have this deal. Hope to save some trips and calls for those who live in the area.

The Gamestop on Walzem in San Antonio didn't have the deal going on.

Guess I wont be looking in San Marcos then lol

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Divinity:Original Sin | :ps4: The Last of Us Remastered |

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Guardians of the Galaxy   :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#78 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

Called two NYC stores just now and they don't have any knowledge of this promotion.  Somebody else help me verify this, as some deals upstate might not apply down here.

Batsugunner.png

#79 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Called two NYC stores just now and they don't have any knowledge of this promotion.  Somebody else help me verify this, as some deals upstate might not apply down here.

I got the same response down in South Brooklyn.  The rep had no idea of the promo going on.

#80 Jaashua

Jaashua

Jeep! Jeep!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

So NY is doing it? Im in Rome and will be going toour store shortly.
So NY is doing it? Im in Rome and will be going toour store shortly.

518815.png

#81 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

any Mass CAGs know if this deal works around here?

#82 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Two other Albany CAGs, gotta be on the look out.

fs_overall.png

#83 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

I'd say its safe to say that southeast Michigan is not participating in this?
Posted Image

#84 AceSpartan

AceSpartan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Anyone in CA know if this is happening? Would love to get some games for cheap!

#85 Tsnake617

Tsnake617

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

I'm in Warner Robins, GA and checked two stores while I was out grocery shopping. Neither of them had this sale going on. Sounds like OP got pretty lucky.

#86 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'd say its safe to say that southeast Michigan is not participating in this?

Anyone in CA know if this is happening? Would love to get some games for cheap!

Highly doubtful on both counts.  The only two that have confirmed are in Rhode Island and Massachusettes and then maybe somewhere in the state of New York.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List - H: MK8 Promo Game Choice

#87 patcrazystar64

patcrazystar64

Human Android

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Just came back from Gamestop Albany, Cross Gates Mall.  It's not in the system and is a local promotion.  All sales were manually placed so definitely YMMV.

yu17.jpg

Don't judge my choice of games lol, decisions were based on complete box copies.  5 games for $21 is awesome for GS might go back. =)

#88 Jaashua

Jaashua

Jeep! Jeep!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Had no idea what I was talking about in Rome, NY.

518815.png

#89 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

Stores I tried in Maryland didn't have the deal. Oh well.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#90 ZCG

ZCG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hmmm.  I posted my results yesterday, but I don't see it in this thread >.>

Anyway, I went to the Media City Mall in Burbank CA & the GameStop there had no clue WTH I was talking about when I asked about this deal.  So I just left with a $3.99 Prince of Persia (PS3) & a 99cent Nintendo DS cooking recipe "game".  Yay me!