Photo
* * * - - 12 votes

Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition Available at Best Buy!

Tales of Xillia tales of xillia Collectors Edition collectors edition limited Limited Edition edition Pre-order preorder

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Yeah but I don't live paycheck to paycheck plus I take advantage of free giftcards + ebates + reward zone or any other promo available. :o also I avoid drugs, cigarettes & fast food. Saves a lot.

Did you know that 75% of Americans are classified as living "paycheck to paycheck" (defined as those who don't have an emergency fund that can cover 6 months of their income)? I didn't think I was living paycheck to paycheck either, until I put it in those terms. I don't do drugs, cigarettes, or fast food either -- just beer. Maybe I need a better job. We're a two-income family with no kids, a decent house, a few student loans, but even then, $100 seems like a lot for a game (which the company invested a lot of money into), and a plastic statue and artbook (which I imagine the company invested very little money into).

There some left over after bills, family expenses, investments, savings etc. I'm sure all CAGs are smart in managing their financials, its not like we are missing bills to buy these gems. It's a form of entertainment, collecting that is. You must have a hobby too that you spend money on.

There's usually not much left over after all that :/ But let's say I had $100 left over in August. I could buy the Xillia CE, or I could buy 2-3 newish games from AWD. I'm guessing I'll have Xillia in my hands by the end of September for less than $40. 

I have two hobbies -- games and college. I suppose when I've finished my second Master's degree in a year, I'll have a little more discretionary income. Even then, I still can't see myself shelling out this kind of money. 

The best argument I heard was Vigilante saying he buys it to support the company and to push for more localized titles (I'm still bitter about Vesperia not coming to PS3). Even then, that's a lot of money to devote. 

#32 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

What did they do after those?

Best Buy accidentally cancelled a ton of online preorders for the Bioshock Infinite - Songbird Edition and The Last of Us - Survival Edition, and to make up for it, they sent free copies to everyone whose preorder was cancelled (IIRC, everyone ended up with the $20 in RZ points too; in the case of TLoU, BBY also sent out a $10 apology code for anything on Bestbuy.com). I was one of those who preordered the latter and ended up with a free copy.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#33 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

All first day copies of Xillia will be the LE, regardless of where you buy from. Besides the statue, the CE gets an artbook (vs a character profile booklet in the LE). But yeah, $40 more is a pretty big hike.

Great info, thanks! I guess that means the LE ones will eventually get a good sale price just like with Tales of Graces which I imported from the UK to get a good price on the LE pack.

#34 Ares

Ares

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

Anyone already get charged for this? I used a CC and they already did an authorization for the full amount, but I'm wondering if the full payment will go ahead and go through, or if it will be reversed.. Not a big deal either way, but the funds were already spoken for..lol

#35 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

Anyone already get charged for this? I used a CC and they already did an authorization for the full amount, but I'm wondering if the full payment will go ahead and go through, or if it will be reversed.. Not a big deal either way, but the funds were already spoken for..lol

That's how online preorders work at Bestbuy.com, unless I'm mistaken--you pay for the whole thing right away unlike at Amazon, where you pay when your order ships.

EDIT:

The best argument I heard was Vigilante saying he buys it to support the company and to push for more localized titles (I'm still bitter about Vesperia not coming to PS3). Even then, that's a lot of money to devote.

I really am more of an exceptional case, as the $63.59 I've paid off so far at Gamestop was the result of several flips from Best Buy, and I've accumulated many PUR points from trade-ins to the point where I plan on using a $25 off coupon when I go to pick up the CE so that I only need to pay the $15+tax difference (total of $75+tax rather than $100+tax). But again, I understand what you're saying.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

#36 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Best Buy does a ping of funds. It will come and go until about a week before release, then it will stick.

So you will need the funds in your account at all times, because if you don't have enough and they decide to ping you, it will get cancelled immediately.

xivpads.png

#37 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Best Buy accidentally cancelled a ton of online preorders for the Bioshock Infinite - Songbird Edition and The Last of Us - Survival Edition, and to make up for it, they sent free copies to everyone whose preorder was cancelled (IIRC, everyone ended up with the $20 in RZ points too; in the case of TLoU, BBY also sent out a $10 apology code for anything on Bestbuy.com). I was one of those who preordered the latter and ended up with a free copy.

how are you the exception, when there use to be a whole thread on how to maximize/move your credit between gs, and bestbuy. vice versa. It is the best method, and quickest method to get games you want, without shelling out real cash in most cases.

#38 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Did you know that 75% of Americans are classified as living "paycheck to paycheck" (defined as those who don't have an emergency fund that can cover 6 months of their income)? I didn't think I was living paycheck to paycheck either, until I put it in those terms. I don't do drugs, cigarettes, or fast food either -- just beer. Maybe I need a better job. We're a two-income family with no kids, a decent house, a few student loans, but even then, $100 seems like a lot for a game (which the company invested a lot of money into), and a plastic statue and artbook (which I imagine the company invested very little money into).

There's usually not much left over after all that :/ But let's say I had $100 left over in August. I could buy the Xillia CE, or I could buy 2-3 newish games from AWD. I'm guessing I'll have Xillia in my hands by the end of September for less than $40. 

I have two hobbies -- games and college. I suppose when I've finished my second Master's degree in a year, I'll have a little more discretionary income. Even then, I still can't see myself shelling out this kind of money. 

I didn't have this kind of my money when I was finishing up my Master's. So I think things will get much better for you. If I only had $100 left a month I would never buy this. Now it's just a small portion of my leftovers, so I like to scratch my collector itch once in a while. If I don't buy this, it would probably go towards a dinner with the Mrs., but since the tales game is one our favorite games to play together, she doesn't mind.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#39 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

how are you the exception, when there use to be a whole thread on how to maximize/move your credit between gs, and bestbuy. vice versa. It is the best method, and quickest method to get games you want, without shelling out real cash in most cases.

Not everyone read that thread, you know...;)

Cloud_Squall78.png

#40 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Not everyone read that thread, you know... ;)

I thought that thread died with BBY essentially killing its trade in program, is it still active?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#41 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Not everyone read that thread, you know... ;)

My remark was not aimed directly at you. When that thread was alive, it was literally in plain sight in the video game deals sections, until it was later moved. Even then, you got people bragging about how they traded X copies for X amount in the gamestop tiv thread, and sometimes at the gamers mag thread. It is hard to avoid. There was even a bestbuy trade in official thread here too. Unless, you were literally blind, it is not hard to amass a ton of bestbuy/gs credit, since you got people literally telling you different ways.

#42 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

If I don't buy this, it would probably go towards a dinner with the Mrs., but since the tales game is one our favorite games to play together, she doesn't mind.

You win. My wife just makes fun of me when I play Tales games (or any jrpg). The closest we got to playing together was a few hours of Eternal Sonata.

#43 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

You win. My wife just makes fun of me when I play Tales games (or any jrpg). The closest we got to playing together was a few hours of Eternal Sonata.

You tried Eternal Sonata too? I don't really think Eternal Sonata is any fun with two people (since it is truly turn based), maybe you two should give Xillia (or F) a try. 

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#44 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

Edit: oops

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tales of Xillia, tales of xillia, Collectors Edition, collectors edition, limited, Limited, Edition, edition, Pre-order, preorder