monster hunter 3 wii u bestbuy sale

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

This game will pretty much justify having a Wii U, it is fun as all heck, everyone by default has a mic (whether they have it ON or use it is a different story) and is VERY easy to sink a couple hundred hours into it. Also they had the update in April that let's you play it solely on the tablet. This game is fantastic and worth $35 easily, and took me off of my 360 for at least two solid weeks.

#32 Sneaktip

Sneaktip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Richard Kain, on 02 Jul 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:I'm not so sure that its a good idea to wait on this one. I went around to the Best Buys in my area over the weekend, and none of them were carrying it in store anymore. Ditto for Toys R Us. I suspect that retailers aren't going to be stocking the game for much longer. We might be looking at a limited run on the WiiU edition. This happens with some Japanese games that don't sell as well.
In these instances the game's used price spikes horrendously. If they really have stopped printing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, it will be hard to find new in a month, and in two the used price will probably break $100. While it is tempting to hope for a Target clearance, I wouldn't rely on it for a title like this.

Will it hold that much value with part 4 coming out soon?

#33 Fairy

Fairy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

Richard Kain, on 02 Jul 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:I'm not so sure that its a good idea to wait on this one. I went around to the Best Buys in my area over the weekend, and none of them were carrying it in store anymore. Ditto for Toys R Us. I suspect that retailers aren't going to be stocking the game for much longer. We might be looking at a limited run on the WiiU edition. This happens with some Japanese games that don't sell as well.
In these instances the game's used price spikes horrendously. If they really have stopped printing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, it will be hard to find new in a month, and in two the used price will probably break $100. While it is tempting to hope for a Target clearance, I wouldn't rely on it for a title like this.

Will it hold that much value with part 4 coming out soon?

What I read from the web is, MH4 will only come to 3ds. No plan for Wii U yet. It's probably due to the poor wii u sale.

#34 Sneaktip

Sneaktip

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Thanks for the info! I wanted the game so I just picked it up at Best Buy for $46 thanks to an amazon price match. They now have 1 copy left.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monster hunter 3, wii u, bestbuy, sale