Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

$40 for $50 Amazon gift card or PSN card, more at Meijer (in store w/ coupon)

Amazon gift card Meijer PSN card $10 off $50 coupon

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#31 macewank

macewank

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

how often does Meijer re-stock? do we know?

#32 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

delete

My Meijer told me they have a hard time stocking the $50 ones. Mine had a ****load of $25 cards if you want to check for those. You get $5 off each one.

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#33 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

Cards like this are almost always handled entirely by a vendor so it's probably up to when that person is in the store again and whether they have more to put out.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#34 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

I feel like one of those crazy Slick Deals hoarders. Gonna buy a total of 16 of the $25 gift cards.

I hope I don't get banned from Meijer LOL. I ship eBay stuff there a lot.

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#35 nny77713

nny77713

Rip the System

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

I was able to buy 4 $50 tonght. Will try again later this week.
Posted Image

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

#36 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:55 AM

delete

My Meijer told me they have a hard time stocking the $50 ones. Mine had a ****load of $25 cards if you want to check for those. You get $5 off each one.

Yep same here.

#37 pksellers

pksellers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

FYI:  The Summer Bucks may be available in store as well.  My store had a sheet of them from a flier by each register, but I didn't check the physical ad in store.  Also, the employee who rang me up was able to do all of my cards ($400: 3 $50 and the rest in  $25() in one transaction,, so ymmv on that.

#38 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

FYI:  The Summer Bucks may be available in store as well.  My store had a sheet of them from a flier by each register, but I didn't check the physical ad in store.  Also, the employee who rang me up was able to do all of my cards ($400: 3 $50 and the rest in  $25() in one transaction,, so ymmv on that.

they must have changed the price of each one because the register will only accept one coupon of each. I just went back to electronics and did my transaction there. They have the coupons taped to the register and just scan them making the process a lot faster than entering in my mperks each time.

#39 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:26 AM

No Kindle cards at my local store, and they charge tax on the MSP cards, so I just snagged a $50 PSN card.

#40 pksellers

pksellers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

they must have changed the price of each one because the register will only accept one coupon of each. I just went back to electronics and did my transaction there. They have the coupons taped to the register and just scan them making the process a lot faster than entering in my mperks each time.

I couldn't help myself...went back and got $200 more.  There are sales flyers with the summer bucks right by the entrance, no need to signup for the perks program if you don't want to.  I took my 8 cards to the register, they scanned the cards, they scanned the coupon 8 times, I paid, done.  Maybe the perks program coupons work different than the ones in store.  BTW this is an Indiana store.

#41 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

For the Illinois CAGs, don't count on finding the Kindle Cards. The state has a mad on for Amazon because of the whole no tax business and won't let ost major retailers sell them. I've only been able to score a gift card once in a blue moon but got the low down from a Target awhile back. I did, however, stock up on PSN and Nintendo bucks so not a loss at all. 

#42 kyleh84

kyleh84

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:02 AM

Thanks OP. I ended up buying 18 $25 Kindle GCs because they were out of the $50s. Took awhile to check out, but worth it to save $90. I'll be able to pay off the PS4 +tax and half of a game.

#43 AdemaSlipknotX

AdemaSlipknotX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

Yeah, mPerks are once per transactions, but if your store has them printed out on a flyer (like the one I work at), or even near the greeter stands (which is where they usually are), it's one per item.  Just ask the cashier if they have a flyer...a lot of the people I checked out today had no clue we were doing it until I saved them 50 bucks, lol.

Also, in my market at least, it seems like we do one of these every couple weeks.  We had one 2 weeks ago, as well as this week.  It's usually a 2 day sale type of thing.  Probably will be 2 more before the end of August.

EDIT: I may actually end up having to take advantage of this myself.  Deciding on whether to use it on Kindle cards, or MSP...

#44 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:13 AM

Would anybody be kind enough to help me out with a card? I know I pretty much have no feedback on here but I have 100% positive feedback on the blu ray forums with over 70 transactions. Please PM me if you can!

Proof: http://forum.blu-ray...er.php?u=243537

#45 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

On my way to work tonight I picked up 2 $50 cards at one Meijer(They have had SEVERAL of both values), and then stopped at a 2nd Meijer which was a completely different story. They were out of the $50's and didn't have many $25 left. The cashier scanned the coupon after each Kindle card and was able to do 12 $25 on one receipt. PS4 paid off!

#46 KhrevalBruuk

KhrevalBruuk

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

Damn, I miss Meijer.

#47 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

Yeah, mPerks are once per transactions, but if your store has them printed out on a flyer (like the one I work at), or even near the greeter stands (which is where they usually are), it's one per item. Just ask the cashier if they have a flyer...a lot of the people I checked out today had no clue we were doing it until I saved them 50 bucks, lol.

Yeah I remember when I used to work at meijer I'd tell people about the coupons that were buying things and they loved me for it lol.

In my area these coupons are usually a seasonal thing. Xmas, easter and the 4th are really the main times you see them. The 15% credit card sale is the only regular thing.

Edit: just read the summer bucks coupon and it does say one per item. Shit I wish I would have known that. Would have made my life a hell of a lot easier.

#48 nny77713

nny77713

Rip the System

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

For the Illinois CAGs, don't count on finding the Kindle Cards. The state has a mad on for Amazon because of the whole no tax business and won't let ost major retailers sell them. I've only been able to score a gift card once in a blue moon but got the low down from a Target awhile back. I did, however, stock up on PSN and Nintendo bucks so not a loss at all.

I was able to find 4 of them last night.
Posted Image

#49 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

I was able to find 4 of them last night.

Nice. Where did you go? I was at the Melrose Park location.

From Amazon website:
"Note: We do not sell physical gift cards in Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, or Louisiana."

#50 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

From Amazon website:
"Note: We do not sell physical gift cards in Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, or Louisiana."

That can't be true anymore since my local Walgreens carries at least $50 and $100 physical Amazon gift cards, and I live in Illinois.

#51 kkotd

kkotd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Cards like this are almost always handled entirely by a vendor so it's probably up to when that person is in the store again and whether they have more to put out.

It's actually all handled by having the cards shipped to the store, which can take upwards of a week after they're ordered. The store by me tries to order before a big sale like this, but they've had people come in and grab $5000 worth of cards at a time. I'm waiting for them to make the coupons exclude these cards because of the few people abusing it. As for them charging tax on the cards, it's up to the state and their tax laws, I know mine is trying to approve a 5.5% tax on all GCs and online purchases. 

#52 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

$750 in Amazon credit yesterday and a very helpful cashier as well, they were like what a great idea. Screw the self checkout electronics people generally are cool...  As others said it's MUCH easier if you can find the actual coupon in store.

#53 sheppard2jt

sheppard2jt

I heart CAG

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Add me to the list of schmucks that would gladly buy these from someone if given the chance. $45 for each paid through whatever your preferred method is.  Just think, your PS3 could cost you less than $300 if you buy enough to resell to another CAG!

#54 IMikeU

IMikeU

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

Looks like I missed out, employees had pulled their amazon gc stock. Over heard them talking "what if someone asks for one? Just tell them we are out of stock" so I asked anyway 5 min later, yep out of stock.

#55 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

Went back to my Meijer today, and my suspicions were true...they did have Kindle cards, but they were in an easily missable spot in electronics.  Decided not to go overboard, got 3 50 dollar cards.  They still have a ton of 50 and 25 dollar cards, hopefully I can resist going back.

#56 bcgameguide

bcgameguide

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

Now if Meijer sells the Ouya, I'll be in for 1.

www.battlecreekenquirer.com/gameguide

#57 nny77713

nny77713

Rip the System

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

From Amazon website:[/size]"Note: We do not sell physical gift cards in Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, or Louisiana."[/size]

Elgin

I just got back and picked up another 4. They still had at least 8 $50 and probably 20 $25.

I checked St. Charles and Bloomingdale. Both were empty.
Posted Image

#58 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

How does this work?

I signed up and when I look at the coupon I see

Terms & Exclusions

*No cash back. Limit one Summer Bucks coupon per item. Excludes: Grocery, Household Consumables, Alcohol, Tobacco, Prescriptions, Gift Cards, Gas Station & C-Stops, Lottery, Postage, Park & Entertainment Tickets, Prepaid Debit Cards & Reload Packs, Instore Businesses, Online Purchases, Licenses, Taxes, Previous Purchases, Meijer Extended Protection Plans and Bottle Deposit.

So gift cards seem to not be allowed.  How do you do it at self check out?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#59 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Elgin

I just got back and picked up another 4. They still had at least 8 $50 and probably 20 $25.

I checked St. Charles and Bloomingdale. Both were empty.

Fair enough. Looks like it's not going to happen for me. Maybe they're stricter about these things in the heart of the city.

#60 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flap top

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

$90 right now for someone who can give me 2 $50 Amazon cards. That's $10 above cost.

Sly Cooper Thieves In Time PS3 resell $1

I can turn your Paypal into Amazon | Steelbooks B2G1 | Blu-ray Slipcovers

http://www.cheapassg...ore/?p=10212991