42 replies to this topic

#1 RCizzle65

RCizzle65

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Amazon Link

Best Buy Link

I don't know why Amazon has been doing this recently for game sales I've seen the past couple of days, but you have to click on 'more buying choices' on the side to get the one directly from Amazon, or hit where it says "# new" right below the price. Seems like it won't ship right away though, so if you want to pick it up at Best Buy and make use of Reward Zone or whatever, there's that choice as well.

#2 neonlights326

neonlights326

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

I've been waiting for this to drop below $20 again.  Thanks for the heads-up!

#3 Oxyric

Oxyric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

Amazon behaves that way because the don't have the game in stock. Usually ships within 2 - 3 weeks.

#4 KornKid91

KornKid91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Hmmm been waiting for this to go $15 or below, not sure if I should bite or wait to see if I can get it cheaper.

#5 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

.....stop eating my money :(

#6 RCizzle65

RCizzle65

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Amazon behaves that way because the don't have the game in stock. Usually ships within 2 - 3 weeks.

Okay thanks, guess it's nice to have the Best Buy option

#7 Hielostar

Hielostar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Was going to get this from Best Buy, but they don't have it at the store I'm already picking up Mario Tennis from tomorrow. Picked up on Amazon, since I have no issue waiting a couple of weeks for it - my 3DS backlog is looking a bit ridiculous ATM. Thanks OP, even if my wallet hates you.  :D 

#8 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

Hmmm been waiting for this to go $15 or below, not sure if I should bite or wait to see if I can get it cheaper.

Same. I figure with a game like this, it's gotta happen eventually.

#9 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

I don't think you'd regret it at this price.  It's a fantastic game with a ton of content.  I've put about 40 hours into it and I haven't even done half of what the game has to offer.

Posted Image

#10 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

The game is getting a little hard to locate at my local stores, so I picked one up just in case.

#11 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

I figure I can play the crap out of this and easily sell if for this price when I'm done, so bought!

Posted Image

#12 plasmabeam

plasmabeam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

What exactly is this game about? Someone told me it was about FF music, so I don't know what to think...

Check out my gaming blog Title Screen -- Updated DAILY

#13 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

I don't know why Amazon has been doing this recently for game sales I've seen the past couple of days, but you have to click on 'more buying choices' on the side to get the one directly from Amazon, or hit where it says "# new" right below the price.

This seems like something Amazon does when there's won't ship immediately, and if they have a "fulfilled by Amazon" seller who will.

Posted Image

#14 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

Amazon is back up to 29.99, and BB has none in my area, so it won't allow me to pick it up at retail. Oh well, you snooze you loose I guess.

#15 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

My only problem is that I just don't have the time to play these games.  

Debating whether to get this or not.  I already have a decent backlog on my 3DS which includes Radiant Historia, Kingdom Hearts 3D, The World Ends with You and soon to be SMTIV.  I just got Project X Zone and don't anticipate finishing it for some time.  

#16 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

After looking around, this may be a rare title very soon(much sooner than later). The only big retail chain to still have stock is Newegg. It's 29.99 w/free shipping.

Frys has it on back order, and they have it for 19.99 plus tax/1.99 shipping. They say they are trying to secure stock, so it's pretty much the same as Amazon was with 2-3 weeks. I'm not sure if either will get them back in or not. BB, Walmart, and Target are all out and it doesn't look like any will be getting new stock.

I placed an order with Frys, since I missed out at Amazon, and just in case they don't come through, I grabbed one from Newegg. If I end up with an extra, I'll just sale it.

It looks like this may be out of print. Just a word of warning to CAG. The Newegg price isn't great, but if this doesn't get restocked, 29.99 may be a great deal very soon, as prices will only go up.

#17 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

After looking around, this may be a rare title very soon(much sooner than later). The only big retail chain to still have stock is Newegg. It's 29.99 w/free shipping.

Frys has it on back order, and they have it for 19.99 plus tax/1.99 shipping. They say they are trying to secure stock, so it's pretty much the same as Amazon was with 2-3 weeks. I'm not sure if either will get them back in or not. BB, Walmart, and Target are all out and it doesn't look like any will be getting new stock.

I placed an order with Frys, since I missed out at Amazon, and just in case they don't come through, I grabbed one from Newegg. If I end up with an extra, I'll just sale it.

It looks like this may be out of print. Just a word of warning to CAG. The Newegg price isn't great, but if this doesn't get restocked, 29.99 may be a great deal very soon, as prices will only go up.

This is why I'm buying now, price is great, and I'll be able to easily recoup what I paid if I don't like it or when I decide I'm done.

Posted Image

#18 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Aaannnddd this is when I notice that my local Best Buy does not have the game in stock.  There is one about 25-30 minutes away, but not sure if I want the game that badly despite this aforementioned analysis.

#19 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

It isn't available for shipping at Fry's, but I picked one up at my local store.

#20 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

It isn't available for shipping at Fry's, but I picked one up at my local store.

I was able to get shipping at frys, but it was back ordered. So my order will only go through if they get more in. My local store was out, otherwise I would have gone there.

#21 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

It would make sense, they probably want people to get the iOS version at this point, which they make a lot more money from.

#22 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Man I wish I could PM this at Target but alas, none in stock anywhere.

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#23 Tmega

Tmega

No Longer In Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Quick Question :Can you still buy amazon kindle cards with reward zone certificates?

#24 Vice

Vice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

Thanks OP!  My local Best Buy had it, but not for $18 in the system.  They do PM the website, however.

I was wanting this game for cheap, but after putting a couple hours into it today, as a rhythm game fan, this game is REALLY nice.  It would have been worth the $40, to be honest.  Square Enix handheld games are sometimes hard to track down later so if it is indeed out of print, scoop it up now, ya'll.

#25 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

Thanks OP!  The nearest Best Buy with it in stock was a little bit of a drive, so I PM'd at Target no problem.

#26 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

Bump. Available at BB. Pretty sure it was removed from their site, but it's back.

#27 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

Bump. Available at BB. Pretty sure it was removed from their site, but it's back.

Probably should have just started a new topic since I went to amazon not realizing this was the old topic and was very confused while half asleep.

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: AC4 :hot:
EldritchOnRye.png

#28 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

Probably should have just started a new topic since I went to amazon not realizing this was the old topic and was very confused while half asleep.

Yeah... I just thought Amazon might eventually price match again. But I understand where you are coming from. I think most people will figure it out, and if they don't, they aren't trying hard enough.

#29 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

I submit the price to Amazon. Hopefully they match it.

Currently Playing -   :pc: Dark Souls (Replay)   :3ds: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   :psp: Valkyria Chronicles II

Recently Completed -  :ps3: Rain 2/2    :ds: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow 3/1  :3ds: The Starship Damrey 3/2   :psp: Ys: The Oath in Felghana 3/8

Selling  :psp: Class of Heroes II PSN Codes $10 

#30 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

For what little it may be worth, there is a sequel of sorts in the works that includes all of the original songs in Theatrhythm, but as far as I know, it's only been announced for Japan at this point and doesn't come out until the second quarter of '14.

http://www.siliconer...-fantasy-games/