TheatRhythm Final Fantasy (3DS) $17.99 at Amazon and Best Buy

RCizzle65

CAGiversary!
Amazon Link

Best Buy Link

I don't know why Amazon has been doing this recently for game sales I've seen the past couple of days, but you have to click on 'more buying choices' on the side to get the one directly from Amazon, or hit where it says "# new" right below the price. Seems like it won't ship right away though, so if you want to pick it up at Best Buy and make use of Reward Zone or whatever, there's that choice as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm been waiting for this to go $15 or below, not sure if I should bite or wait to see if I can get it cheaper.

Was going to get this from Best Buy, but they don't have it at the store I'm already picking up Mario Tennis from tomorrow. Picked up on Amazon, since I have no issue waiting a couple of weeks for it - my 3DS backlog is looking a bit ridiculous ATM. Thanks OP, even if my wallet hates you.  :D 

Hmmm been waiting for this to go $15 or below, not sure if I should bite or wait to see if I can get it cheaper.
Same. I figure with a game like this, it's gotta happen eventually.

I don't think you'd regret it at this price. It's a fantastic game with a ton of content. I've put about 40 hours into it and I haven't even done half of what the game has to offer.

I don't know why Amazon has been doing this recently for game sales I've seen the past couple of days, but you have to click on 'more buying choices' on the side to get the one directly from Amazon, or hit where it says "# new" right below the price.
This seems like something Amazon does when there's won't ship immediately, and if they have a "fulfilled by Amazon" seller who will.

Amazon is back up to 29.99, and BB has none in my area, so it won't allow me to pick it up at retail. Oh well, you snooze you loose I guess.

My only problem is that I just don't have the time to play these games.  

Debating whether to get this or not.  I already have a decent backlog on my 3DS which includes Radiant Historia, Kingdom Hearts 3D, The World Ends with You and soon to be SMTIV.  I just got Project X Zone and don't anticipate finishing it for some time.  

After looking around, this may be a rare title very soon(much sooner than later). The only big retail chain to still have stock is Newegg. It's 29.99 w/free shipping.

Frys has it on back order, and they have it for 19.99 plus tax/1.99 shipping. They say they are trying to secure stock, so it's pretty much the same as Amazon was with 2-3 weeks. I'm not sure if either will get them back in or not. BB, Walmart, and Target are all out and it doesn't look like any will be getting new stock.

I placed an order with Frys, since I missed out at Amazon, and just in case they don't come through, I grabbed one from Newegg. If I end up with an extra, I'll just sale it.

It looks like this may be out of print. Just a word of warning to CAG. The Newegg price isn't great, but if this doesn't get restocked, 29.99 may be a great deal very soon, as prices will only go up.

After looking around, this may be a rare title very soon(much sooner than later). The only big retail chain to still have stock is Newegg. It's 29.99 w/free shipping.

Frys has it on back order, and they have it for 19.99 plus tax/1.99 shipping. They say they are trying to secure stock, so it's pretty much the same as Amazon was with 2-3 weeks. I'm not sure if either will get them back in or not. BB, Walmart, and Target are all out and it doesn't look like any will be getting new stock.

I placed an order with Frys, since I missed out at Amazon, and just in case they don't come through, I grabbed one from Newegg. If I end up with an extra, I'll just sale it.

It looks like this may be out of print. Just a word of warning to CAG. The Newegg price isn't great, but if this doesn't get restocked, 29.99 may be a great deal very soon, as prices will only go up.
This is why I'm buying now, price is great, and I'll be able to easily recoup what I paid if I don't like it or when I decide I'm done.

Aaannnddd this is when I notice that my local Best Buy does not have the game in stock. There is one about 25-30 minutes away, but not sure if I want the game that badly despite this aforementioned analysis.

It isn't available for shipping at Fry's, but I picked one up at my local store.
I was able to get shipping at frys, but it was back ordered. So my order will only go through if they get more in. My local store was out, otherwise I would have gone there.

It would make sense, they probably want people to get the iOS version at this point, which they make a lot more money from.

Thanks OP!  My local Best Buy had it, but not for $18 in the system.  They do PM the website, however.

I was wanting this game for cheap, but after putting a couple hours into it today, as a rhythm game fan, this game is REALLY nice.  It would have been worth the $40, to be honest.  Square Enix handheld games are sometimes hard to track down later so if it is indeed out of print, scoop it up now, ya'll.

Thanks OP!  The nearest Best Buy with it in stock was a little bit of a drive, so I PM'd at Target no problem.

Probably should have just started a new topic since I went to amazon not realizing this was the old topic and was very confused while half asleep.
Yeah... I just thought Amazon might eventually price match again. But I understand where you are coming from. I think most people will figure it out, and if they don't, they aren't trying hard enough.

For what little it may be worth, there is a sequel of sorts in the works that includes all of the original songs in Theatrhythm, but as far as I know, it's only been announced for Japan at this point and doesn't come out until the second quarter of '14.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/17/theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call-has-tunes-from-these-final-fantasy-games/
Thanks for the info. I think I'll just wait and see if this hits the U.S. I love Mystic Quest's OST.

For what little it may be worth, there is a sequel of sorts in the works that includes all of the original songs in Theatrhythm, but as far as I know, it's only been announced for Japan at this point and doesn't come out until the second quarter of '14.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/17/theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call-has-tunes-from-these-final-fantasy-games/
Oh I didn't realize that it was going to include all the songs from the first one. What little I've paid attention to about it makes it seem like it's pretty likely to come over so I suppose I'll just wait as well.

I'm so conflicted about this game. I love FF and the soundtracks, but the idea of a rhythm game seems odd. Is there a story? Do you walk around towns and such? Or is it all rhythm-style battles?

I'm so conflicted about this game. I love FF and the soundtracks, but the idea of a rhythm game seems odd. Is there a story? Do you walk around towns and such? Or is it all rhythm-style battles?
I don't think there's any story, it's just a rhythm game. It plays pretty decent but it's more about the music and the cute little FF characters. There's a demo on the eshop that lets you try out a couple songs.

There's a very light story that's pretty much insignificant, and there's no free-roaming adventure gameplay or anything. It's all rhythm gameplay, but it has a lot of rpg elements. There are 3 types of stages. Field stages have your character walking forward and traveling, and, if you do well, you run into characters that toss you treasure chests with items. Event music stages are sort of like the FMV/story bits, I guess (all based on the games the song is from, not anything new). And then there are the battles stages where you battle multiple bosses based on how well you do at the rhythm game.

The characters also level up through gameplay, you pick your party out of an array of characters from FF games (each with their own strengths/abilities), they unlock magic spells you can equip that help them defeat more enemies in battle or heal your party if you take too much damage (by missing notes), and there are items like healing potions/etc you can equip and use. Some levels/difficulties are really tough if not close to impossible until you level up and increase your HP, too, and leveling up and equipping more powerful magic lets you defeat more bosses and get more points/unlockables in dance stages.

So, ya, you won't be exploring towns talking to people or wondering what's coming next in the story...but it does have a definitive Final Fantasy feel, and, while all the gameplay is rhythm-oriented, there is a lot of rpg depth.

There's a very light story that's pretty much insignificant, and there's no free-roaming adventure gameplay or anything. It's all rhythm gameplay, but it has a lot of rpg elements. There are 3 types of stages. Field stages have your character walking forward and traveling, and, if you do well, you run into characters that toss you treasure chests with items. Event music stages are sort of like the FMV/story bits, I guess (all based on the games the song is from, not anything new). And then there are the battles stages where you battle multiple bosses based on how well you do at the rhythm game.

The characters also level up through gameplay, you pick your party out of an array of characters from FF games (each with their own strengths/abilities), they unlock magic spells you can equip that help them defeat more enemies in battle or heal your party if you take too much damage (by missing notes), and there are items like healing potions/etc you can equip and use. Some levels/difficulties are really tough if not close to impossible until you level up and increase your HP, too, and leveling up and equipping more powerful magic lets you defeat more bosses and get more points/unlockables in dance stages.

So, ya, you won't be exploring towns talking to people or wondering what's coming next in the story...but it does have a definitive Final Fantasy feel, and, while all the gameplay is rhythm-oriented, there is a lot of rpg depth.
Thanks for the input. Sounds interesting, so I think I'll give the eShop demo a try.

I had a sealed copy and I sold it a couple weeks ago.

As pointed out earlier, there's an updated version in the works. It will includes all songs from the original (and maybe all the DLC?) and a bunch of new song + features + etc. It will be the 'definite' version.

bread's done
Back