target ncaa football 14 xbox 360 ps3

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#211 christophermurakami

christophermurakami

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

Has anyone got the 'only 1 game title per year for both systems trade allowed' policy at Best Buy?

I tried to trade in two games of the same title for the same system, but my Best Buy apparently restricts it. Doesn't seem to be a nationwide policy from some of the other postings here.

Do you think I'll be able to just go back to the store and return the remaining game tomorrow, or have they entered the information on my account? My store did scan both games, then took my e-mail address and ID card...

#212 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

Has anyone got the 'only 1 game title per year for both systems trade allowed' policy at Best Buy?

I tried to trade in two games of the same title for the same system, but my Best Buy apparently restricts it. Doesn't seem to be a nationwide policy from some of the other postings here.

Do you think I'll be able to just go back to the store and return the remaining game tomorrow, or have they entered the information on my account? My store did scan both games, then took my e-mail address and ID card...

If it was Far Cry 3, I hope they ban you.

#213 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

Damn dude, you gonna cry about it?

Anyways - to those who have played NCAA 14, is it worth it?

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#214 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

Grabbed this from BestBuy.com, looks to me like there IS something saying price match and the GC offer cannot combine.

The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest and does not apply to: Contract mobile phone devices and plans, the online prices of retailers not listed, the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace vendors) on designated major online retailers websites,post purchase price match requests to competitor's prices, Best Buy for Business™, offers that include financing, gift card offers, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, our and our competitor's Deal of the Day, daily deals, special hour sale event items and credit card offers, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Unless I'm missing something? I'm still gonna try today after work anyways.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#215 Yo Mama

Yo Mama

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

I would try it at a different store

#216 Noel Vermillion

Noel Vermillion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Does Price Match + Gift card still works?

#217 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

I had some guy tell me they can't do two games.  He wasn't too sure so called over some higher ups.  I told him I had done it before.  He said they can't accept multiple copies cuz people could be making money from trading in (I said nothing, but that is inane logic -- so if I received a game for free as a gift, I can't trade it in cuz I'm making a profit?  ffs).  So I asked him to check the TIV in the computer.  He hemmed and hawwed until a couple of people including the manager came over.  None of them knew for sure.  I told them I had done it before.  They gave me the same line about people making money.  Finally the manager had this bright idea -- let's check the TIV.  The TIV was 25 frickin cents (I already knew it would be low; the game was Kinect Adventures).  The manager gives the guy an ugly look and storms off.  He took both copies.  :O

What does it matter what he's trading in?  Lol.

It's very YMMV.  Per their wording, no.  But technically the computer allows it.  So it depends on who you get.  I got turned down on Sunday; tried a different store on Tuesday and it worked.

#218 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

Order two Far Cry 3 online, pick it up next week for the $39.99 price and pray it goes on sale for $19.99 the week after?

Still haven't played it but a buddy told me co-op missions are pretty cool. 

Would rather do a sure thing and purchase a used copy from Gamestop (and burn up credit) but I don't think used copies dropped whenever new copies went $19.99.

:3ds: : ---   :psp: : ---

:ps3: : Diablo 3 UEE    :br: / :dvd:  : Walking Dead S4

:pc: : Diablo 3 Reapers of Souls/Attack on Titan Tribute

:wiiu: : ---   :xb1: : ---   

:ps4: : The Last of Us Remastered/PvZ Garden Warfare/Diablo 3 UEE

Don't judge me...

#219 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

I managed to get it today.  PM'd Target's in-store price of $19.99 for Far Cry 3 and walked out with a $40 GC from Best Buy to boot.  Again, it's YMMV - I was shot down yesterday when trying to do the Black Ops 2 deal (but that had more to do with the fact that I was trying to PM the Revolution Pack edition to the vanilla version on Amazon). 

"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#220 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

I was really hoping someone would have Deadpool on sale by now. I wanted to PM that and Tomb Raider and still try to get the $50 GC. Oh well.

Let's go O's!

#221 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

I got insanely lucky today, maybe because I went into the store at 8:40 pm. Girl at the cash register PM'd two copies of Black Ops 2 w/ the Revolution Map Pack for $30 each. I figured it was worth a shot, showed her the mobile Amazon page on my iPhone and she did it no problem, called the manager over for the override and by the time he got there games were already in the bag. He did it quickly without even really looking at what I was price-matching. Before I swiped my card I asked her, "I'm getting a giftcard too right?" I noticed it on the screen but I wanted to make sure anyways. She said that I would only get the giftcard if I buy it full price. So I pondered for a couple seconds and as soon as I was about to say cancel the transaction she says, "It's only for $5 anyways isn't it?". That's when I informed her that it's actually supposed to be $50, she was shocked. So I showed her the ad and she said you know what, just go through with it until the end and we'll see what happens. Low and behold, it prompts the cashier to give me a gift card for $50. So my advice to everyone that successfully PM's the games. Don't say anything, just go through with the transaction all the way until the end.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#222 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

Damn dude, you gonna cry about it?

What you don't understand is that abusers prevent deals like this from happening in the future. But hooray for instant gratification and the future be damned! 

#223 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

I don't see it posted... anybody try to use the @gamer coupon for Tomb Raider in conjunction with this?  Just realized the coupon is still valid until Saturday... might try to go back and see if they can add it to my purchase.

FadeToOne.png

#224 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

I swear some if you guys almost end up talking yourselves out of deals. I guess anxiety is the norm and never discretion. JHC.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, inFAMOUS: First Light
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#225 JustinTheGamer

JustinTheGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

Got off good today picked Defiance and Tomb Raider with a amazon price match and a gift card!

Spoiler

#226 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Got in twice on the Buy 2 games and GC! Will trade them after I played them by the end of the week. Then it'll be enough for a free 3ds! So glad it went through.
Posted Image

#227 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

Got an email about targets black Friday sales happening now and they're offering a deluxe wii u with Lego city for $350

#228 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

Picked up two copies of defiance on 360 (one for me and one for my bro) got a 50 dollar gift card no problem.

#229 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:01 AM

GM at my Best Buy was a bit flustered when I PM'ed 8 games to Amazon (Riptide x2, Tomb Raider x2, Defiance x2, Blops II, MLB13). She read and re-read the PM policy to find a way to deny me, didn't see a decent one, wrote her override code on a blank piece of paper for the CSR, and walked away to deal with other customers.  With tax, net outlay for the whole set was about $53.

Kept Tomb Raider and MLB 13, popped the rest to GS and finished paying off my PS4 pre-order.

#230 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

What you don't understand is that abusers prevent deals like this from happening in the future. But hooray for instant gratification and the future be damned!

actually no, the deals will still happen. they just hav to find a way to design their pos to not allow for gc promo once price has been changed

#231 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

Just got FC3 pmed to Target with a $39.98 GC

#232 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

The BB Pricematch/Gift Card deal sounded like so much fun, I had to get one in on the last day.  I took it easy on them: just PM'd Far Cry 3 to Target for $20 (took a picture of the shelf tag on my phone) and payed full asking price ($40) for Dead Island: Riptide, and got a $39.98 Gift Card in return.  A net cost of about $20 for both games, after GC.  I also found a Tritton Warhead 7.1 headset on Clearance for $125.xx, so I grabbed that, as well.  It's a hell of a deal, and I figured it would look a little better to spend around $200 than just dropping $60 on two good games and getting a $40 GC in return.

#233 MagmaOasis

MagmaOasis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Is the best buy deal still going on? I'm going tomorrow and I'd love to grab Deadpool and dead island.

#234 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

Ended up getting defiance, Tomb raider,  Dead Island CE(needed override but since they were on clearance went smooth) forgot far cry was in-store only. Oh well still came out well ahead in the end.