Photo
* * * * * 23 votes

Old Thread, New Thread in FIRST/LAST posts.

GameStop TIV trade trade-in values values credit database

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4631 replies to this topic

#61 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

I already bought Borderlands 2 and now need to get rid of that disc.  I'm not seeing anything else to do that with, though, as the prices aren't quite low enough on the other games (and no, I'm not going to do or even discuss the foreign account thing).

I could do AC III but I'd lose a buck on that one on the surface - though I'd essentially be converting my cheap MS points into GS/Amazon credit so it might be worth it.

Why not trade it directly to Amazon and take advantage of the $10 preorder coupon bringing your total to $22.62 (including $10 coupon).

Xecutioner
CML

#62 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Why not trade it directly to Amazon and take advantage of the $10 preorder coupon bringing your total to $22.62 (including $10 coupon).

Cuz you would need a time machine to initiate that trade in.
:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown, more Destiny! Lol

#63 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Anyone else having trouble with the PowerUp site? I can't access any of my coupons or points because it keeps telling me to activate a card. I already have a card activated and tried re-entering my current one but that doesn't work. Also the steal of the week link to the catalog just keeps reloading the front page. Am I the only one with this problem or are others experiencing it right now?

fs_overall.png

#64 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Cuz you would need a time machine to initiate that trade in.

Good point. I didn't realize the deal had expired.

Xecutioner
CML

#65 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

I'm sure you mean 6/30/13, but...it is a known issue that coupons will disappear on the last day they are valid. Not sure why your other coupon disappeared. With normal coupons they would either refund the points or issue another coupon. I'm not sure what they'll do in this situation. Let us know what they do for you.

Thanks for your response Klimb, I never read about that issue before.  Also, I did mean 6/30, not 6/31.   :D   I should never post prior to finishing my first cup of coffee.

Selling on Amazon as Gaming Cheaply

Please feel free to PM me if there is a game you want to purchase cheaper than Amazon Warehouse or Gamestop.

#66 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

My wife called to say that one of the Gamestops in town here have a big banner advertising 50% trade in bonus. I am in Fayetteville, NC. I know what I am doing this evening.

#67 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

My wife called to say that one of the Gamestops in town here have a big banner advertising 50% trade in bonus. I am in Fayetteville, NC. I know what I am doing this evening.

At least one store in metro Detroit is also running 50% bonus.  Note, this bonus is good on games only -- not good on accessories or consoles.

#68 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Today (7/2/13).

:360:
Alice Madness Returns - $13
Call of Duty Black Ops II - $20
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $12
Left 4 Dead 2 - $15
Portal 2 - $15
Saints Row The Third - $17
The Orange Box - $12
WWE 12 - $11

:ps3:
Injustice: Gods Among Us - $25.50 (Yes that is the base)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $10

:wii:
Disney: Epic Mickey 2 - $11

Wii_U_platform_icon.png
James Bond: Legends - $12
Lego City: Undercover - $18
New Super Mario Bros. U - $22.00

:3ds:
Mario Kart 7 - $15
Paper Mario Sticker Star - $15
Super Mario land 3d - $15

#69 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Updated lists.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#70 NeedleInTheHay

NeedleInTheHay

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

Can anyone in Columbus confirm the 50 percent trade in bonus?

#71 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Phone quotes from today 7/2/13

Xbox 360

Epic Mickey 2 $12

Marvel Avengers Battle for Earth $8

PS3

CoD Black Ops 2 $20

WiiU

New Super Mario Bros 2 $22

Wii

Kirby Return to Dreamland $18

Just Dance 4 $11

#72 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Out of curiosity does Gamestop charge a refurb fee or anything if you brought a game in a generic DVD case?  My stuff's usually pristine so I've never encountered this.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#73 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

Out of curiosity does Gamestop charge a refurb fee or anything if you brought a game in a generic DVD case?  My stuff's usually pristine so I've never encountered this.

In my experience no but different stores have different policies.

Xecutioner
CML

#74 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

They shouldn't. I have never been charged a refurb fee at any Gamestop for trading in disc-only but people have posted about it. If it happens just try a different employee or different GS.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#75 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Today (7/2/13).

:360:
Alice Madness Returns - $13
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $12
Left 4 Dead 2 - $15
Portal 2 - $15
Saints Row The Third - $17
The Orange Box - $12
WWE 12 - $11

:ps3:
Injustice: Gods Among Us - $25.50 (Yes that is the base)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $10

:wii:
Disney: Epic Mickey 2 - $11

Wii_U_platform_icon.png
James Bond: Legends - $12
Lego City: Undercover - $18
New Super Mario Bros. U - $22.00

:3ds:
Mario Kart 7 - $15
Paper Mario Sticker Star - $15
Super Mario land 3d - $15

Wow it went up $5.50?!  :hot:  Guess Ill go trade mine in!

EDIT: I was referring to Injustice.

512847.png

#76 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

sooooooo no 50% in nyc huh :(
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#77 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

They shouldn't. I have never been charged a refurb fee at any Gamestop for trading in disc-only but people have posted about it. If it happens just try a different employee or different GS.

Hmm, well I'm thinking about swapping these God of War discs out of their cardboard sleeves and into the PS3 cases while I have the opportunity.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#78 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Wow it went up $5.50?!  :hot:  Guess Ill go trade mine in!

EDIT: I was referring to Injustice.

... and you know where I got that copy from. Took my time with the game and made out like a bandit. This was an epic flip. :)

#79 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Hmm, well I'm thinking about swapping these God of War discs out of their cardboard sleeves and into the PS3 cases while I have the opportunity.

I am guessing you are referring to the ones that come bundled with the GOW bundle. You can swap them out or take them in the sleeves but you should be fine as long as the discs are not scratched to hell.

#80 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

... and you know where I got that copy from. Took my time with the game and made out like a bandit. This was an epic flip. :)

Lol thats the same place I got mine thanks to you and I am gonna do the same. If 50% was going on here that would turn to $40. Thats insane. Ill still take the 30% though!

512847.png

#81 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Went and traded my games i picked up this morning from Blockbuster B1G1 sale:

Wii U:

New Super Mario Bros - $22

Wii:

Kirby's Return to Dreamland - $18

Epic Mickey 2 - $11

PS3:

Ultimate Alliance 2 - $17

With the +$3 per game and PUR, I got $86.90 credit

#82 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Does the 50% Bonus coupon for new/existing sign-ups work on console trade-ins? Would be nice to trade-in my old fat 360 for $90.

Note: I don't have the coupon yet (need to figure out if its worth the sign-up) so I can't simply read the coupon to find exclusions/limitations.

#83 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

I am guessing you are referring to the ones that come bundled with the GOW bundle. You can swap them out or take them in the sleeves but you should be fine as long as the discs are not scratched to hell.

Yeah but I'm keeping the GoW games, I meant put them in cases of PS3 games I'm trading and take the trade games in generic cases.  Bothers me to no end having them in cardboard.

Does the 50% Bonus coupon for new/existing sign-ups work on console trade-ins? Would be nice to trade-in my old fat 360 for $90.

Note: I don't have the coupon yet (need to figure out if its worth the sign-up) so I can't simply read the coupon to find exclusions/limitations.

Yes, works on just about everything.

Trade List

#84 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

The wording in the coupon is in the OP. Read the spoiler and you will have your answer.

512847.png

#85 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

I shouldn't have any problems trading in a bunch of 360s in one transaction, right?

#86 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

I shouldn't have any problems trading in a bunch of 360s in one transaction, right?

Define a bunch.  I've traded in two identical systems before with no issue.  If it's like 18 they may have an issue.

Trade List

#87 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

sooooooo no 50% in nyc huh :(

good to know so I don't bother. 

however, just fyi, sometime last year the big Union Sq store had a 50% banner but that was likely due to the Bestbuy taking a lot of their trades

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!

#88 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Nope.  I just did this myself.  I have some games I wanted to put in cases and didn't want to give Gamestop my nice PS3 and 360 cases. I kept my cases, and put the games I traded in, in stupid generic DVD cases, and was charged NO refurb fee.

Values as of Today: (base values)

Dragon Age Ultimate :360: $10

Borderlands 2 :360: $8

MLB 2K12 $4 :ps3: (easy flip from Target clearance)

Flipped the games, turned into Amazon gift card, now used to buy additional Microsoft points.  And now rebuying BL2 for 800 pts and DA:O for 400 pts! SCore!

:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown, more Destiny! Lol

#89 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

The wording in the coupon is in the OP. Read the spoiler and you will have your answer.

Unless I am missing something, the spoiler for the coupon does not specifically state if it would apply to console trade-in's so I was trying to see if anyone had received the extra 50% bonus on a recent trade. 

From OP:

"Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend with or without notice."

Given some of the reported trade-in values for the consoles, they would not be making money on the trade (the main goal of the business). I really do not want to lug in a system (possibly 3 systems) only to get turned down.

#90 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Define a bunch.  I've traded in two identical systems before with no issue.  If it's like 18 they may have an issue.

I think I should be ok with three, then.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GameStop, TIV, trade, trade-in values, values, credit, database