Gears of War 3 Epic Edition - $12.99 - Gamestop - YMMV

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 salt_peanuts

salt_peanuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

Looks like they marked the Epic edition (the one with the statue) down to the preowned price at Gamestop, $12.99.  Prob. YMMV since the stores prob mostly gut them, but my local store had 2 and I got one and the clerk she got the other one.  Apologize if old.

I apparently can't figure out how to paste a pic on this new board, haven't done it in a while...

#2 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

Thanks OP. Bout time. Finally after 2 fricking years. Price isn't YMMV. SKU had been deleted from the system. Online stock checker isn't working neither.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#3 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

Damn it to hell I bought it at $49.99, kicking myself.

Also, OP, which state are you in if you don't mind me asking.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4 XenoNinjaX

XenoNinjaX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

not in stock within 100 miles. not sure what i expected though since it was hot deal even at $50

#5 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

I bought it at $55 like two years ago from Best Buy. Not sure why you'd kick yourself, it's pretty YMMV, plus you run the risk of getting a beat up, neglected looking box. Needless to say, I'd take that for $12.99 as well. ;)

#6 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

the metal COG alone is worth that price.

the race is on.  open, open, open...

Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#7 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Not available within 100 miles.

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#8 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

isnt it if they deleted the SKU it wont show up on the checker? Im pretty sure at least 3 local stores still had them a few months ago....will go check it out. Got my LE copy of game just sitting there never played but could give this one to a buddy

(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#9 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

isnt it if they deleted the SKU it wont show up on the checker? Im pretty sure at least 3 local stores still had them a few months ago....will go check it out. Got my LE copy of game just sitting there never played but could give this one to a buddy

This.

As far as I know you can no longer track them unless you simply call and ask.

#10 venomscarnage

venomscarnage

Browncoat for life!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

Found two while travelling in the Bronx for $12.99. They are at a used price and if you have a Pro card its only $11 and some change. Thanks for the great find OP!!
Wanna win some great stuff! Head over to the official Metallman's Reverie Contest Thread
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=340285

I also co-host the Get a Life Video Game Podcast which is also at Metallman's Reverie

Posted Image

#11 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Show off. I bought the damn Epic Edition at launch. :(

#12 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

I never see any old CE's at gamestop, let alone converted-to-used ones.

For what it's worth, Kmart has this on clearance at $30. I saw one this weekend in fact.

76561197996844513.png

#13 drtomoe123

drtomoe123

OBJECTION!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Stopped by a store that had one but the employee checked the system said it was probably still the new price (which was marked at 119). Would he need to actually scan it to see if its marked down?

#14 DieGo2SHAE

DieGo2SHAE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

I know there's three in the Santa Maria, CA gamestop, I was just in there yesterday but I'm not interested in it.

#15 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Stopped by a store that had one but the employee checked the system said it was probably still the new price (which was marked at 119). Would he need to actually scan it to see if its marked down?

Yes, he would, and it should scan at the 12.99 used price.

Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#16 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Looking ti buy another one as a gift for a friend. Ill tfade or pay!

Im updating my list soon.

TRADE LIST LINK BELOW: SELLING BRAND NEW PS4 and (DAY ONE EDITION) XBOX ONE

I am also selling off a portion of my trade list, please send me offers if interested. ENJOY. Help me clear some space!

#17 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

Yes. It has been $49.99 for a long time.

I bought it at $55 like two years ago from Best Buy. Not sure why you'd kick yourself, it's pretty YMMV, plus you run the risk of getting a beat up, neglected looking box. Needless to say, I'd take that for $12.99 as well. ;)

I guess you are right. I really thought this would sell out at $49.99 when I bought it, but as some CAGs reported, that is not the case.

And for those who don't know, the tracker is useless now, just drive out for the hunt.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#18 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

Looking ti buy another one as a gift for a friend. Ill tfade or pay!

Im updating my list soon.

It's a huge ass box, probably $30+ to ship via priority, just FYI.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#19 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Probably a really long shot but there is a kmart on my way home and a GS not far from my house, gonna hit up both.

Sidenote: is there not an in-store tracker for kmart? Didnt see one on the page for the epic edition, still listed 149 online.

#20 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and nintendo (wii u)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

i know the local gamestop used to have about 4 of these when they had all the collector's editions stacked on the floor. since they put them up on the wall above the games i dont remember seeing them, so im assuming they gutted them because they were too big to fit on those shelves. 

#21 drtomoe123

drtomoe123

OBJECTION!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Thanks you guys. Went back and they scanned it and were like WTF. My favorite reactions from employees. :)

#22 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Don't forget to use the birthday coupon and SOTW coupon.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#23 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Thanks you guys. Went back and they scanned it and were like WTF. My favorite reactions from employees. :)

Congrats on an awesome score!

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#24 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

"Epic" fail on their part. I thought they were trying to pull a fast one on you. :)

#25 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

If anyone is lucky enough to find a spare copy I would like to pay cost + shipping for one of these!

xivpads.png

#26 Bount

Bount

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Got one on hold with my b-day coupon ready.  Gonna pick up after work.  Thanks OP!

#27 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

Can't believe I missed this Post yesterday. There is a Gamestop next to me that always had 2 of them. Went ahead today to see if they were still there but no go. Got replaced and I reckoned the Employees got them. :lol: Oh well. That's what I get for sleeping in. 

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#28 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Never got a bday coupon and it's on July 26 o.O

Just called my gamestop.

Me: "do ya'll have any Gear of War 3 Epic Editions, Used?"

Them:"we dont differentiate between collectors and regular"

"we do have a bunch of gears of war 3 used tho"

....wtf

Currently Playing:  :ps3: :vita: Final Fantasy X HD |  :pc: Elder Scrolls Online|

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Captain America: The Winter Soldier :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

#29 Joshe

Joshe

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

So how should I go about picking this up? Just go, grab it and tell them to ring it up?

Tried this with the uncharted 3 special edition back in the day and they wouldn't sell it to me, so I'm just kind if wondering.
Posted Image

#30 Silico3

Silico3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

So how should I go about picking this up? Just go, grab it and tell them to ring it up?

Tried this with the uncharted 3 special edition back in the day and they wouldn't sell it to me, so I'm just kind if wondering.

If you're fortunate enough to find one on the shelf, that would be the way to go.

However, if you're planning on making appearances at your local stores in the hopes they have one, you should call ahead because chances are it's gone.

Never got a bday coupon and it's on July 26 o.O

Just called my gamestop.

Me: "do ya'll have any Gear of War 3 Epic Editions, Used?"

Them:"we dont differentiate between collectors and regular"

"we do have a bunch of gears of war 3 used tho"

....wtf

I was given several odd responses by several employees as well. 

One store I called, one employee stated that he's pretty sure he has one in the back, confirming that it was the one with the statue, and said he'd double check. After putting me on hold for approximately 10 seconds, another employee picked up and said that they haven't had them for over a year because it was a limited edition item.

I told him that another employee was checking in the back for me and he said "There's nothing to check, I'm telling you that I know we don't have it because like I said, it was limited. Plus, even if we did, we would have tossed out any extras long ago since we treat all used collector edition games the same as the standard game."

The way the situation played out, made his answer seem suspicious.