Cube World - A Voxel-Based Exploration RPG

Looks pretty cool. I wonder what pricing will be.
Wild guess (except for Alpha which we know):

Alpha = €15 ($19.50)

Beta = €20 ($26.00)

Release = €25 ($32.50)

Seems like a logical creep-up in price as per other alpha->beta->release pricing models.

edit: They need to get that shop working ASAP as people just figured out how to circumvent the game's protection and it's amazingly simple. :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow looks good!!! it is going to be released on Steam?
I don't think any Steam or console plans are in the works yet. He is still working on trying to finish the game, and sounds like he is having problems with the store/client downloads. He is active on twitter answering questions https://twitter.com/wol_lay

So I saw his website updated with Alpha version going up for sale at around ~$20. I think beta and finished product will be free updates, but if you buy later versions might be more expensive. Paypal only option now I think.

Hehe, notch comments https://twitter.com/notch/status/332079789806592001

My mage with his Beetle pet/mount :bouncy:

15697887011991977984_2013-07-04_00001_zpsd407d149.png

Looks very cool! I hope the store gets fixed soon.

Edit: Guess he got it fixed! Downloading now after watching some videos of gameplay. How far are you guys?

Looks very cool! I hope the store gets fixed soon.

Edit: Guess he got it fixed! Downloading now after watching some videos of gameplay. How far are you guys?
The store itself is fine. It's the account creation that he keeps turning off and on. His server host can't take it (He may be hosting it?).

A friend and I are in our 20's. Both water mages.

So, how the hell do I buy this? I don't see a shop located anywhere on their website and I cant create an account because it says it's disabled.

So, how the hell do I buy this? I don't see a shop located anywhere on their website and I cant create an account because it says it's disabled.
I think you cant right now as the registration servers are offline

I was able to create an account and buy it when I posted earlier today, dunno (shrug). I guess keep trying, because from what I've played so far it IS a lot of fun! Ran into one bug where I found a town and talked to one of the innkeepers and just got a blank talk bubble, but no others so far.

What does the "Adapted" mean on an item description?

Day three of not being able to buy this. They really don't want my money I guess.

Beyond people just giving up on purchasing the game, my main problem with them not offloading some of the payment/account work is that the time spent constantly fixing that stuff is time being taken away from developing the game.

It's a shame too as this is the most solid, feature-rich, and downright awesome alpha that I've ever played. Plenty of developers would've released this as final with only the promise of updates.

It's dumb because I showed a few friends this the other day and they all want to buy it now too. Unfortunately the four of us cant. Pretty good business model. 

My friends and I jump to different games relatively easily, so when your game catches our attention, but we're not able to purchase it, we just wind up saying fuck it and move onto something else. We're not going to wait around forever hoping you grant us the ability to give you our money.

I can understand the argument against places like Steam and GOG who want a 30% cut but the Humble Store, supposedly, only takes 5%. Now, that may be more than just using PayPal outright but is losing 5% really worth all of this headache, heartache, and bad word-of-mouth?

My opinion is, it's the Alpha. Even if you do buy it asap, you'll still have to wait for the updates over time. Sure I want to be playing it now, but think of all the cool features that will be added over time for beta & final. Lots to look forward to with this game, it's exciting.

That said, it is an extensive Alpha, making me want to play it even more. I feel bad that store/account reg is down, but I'll be patient.

I can understand the argument against places like Steam and GOG who want a 30% cut but the Humble Store, supposedly, only takes 5%. Now, that may be more than just using PayPal outright but is losing 5% really worth all of this headache, heartache, and bad word-of-mouth?
Bad word of mouth, maybe, but he's taking DDoS attacks and is trying to get it straight as fast as he can so you can't really fault him. I'm sure he wants to take everyone's money that wants to give it to him!

I've put about 10 hours or so into my ranger and really love it so far, even if it's slow going. I'm only lvl 5 but I hear it gets alot faster to level up the higher you go. It's definitely addicting.

Keep trying to get it, this is a darn good game for being alpha!

And here's a good site to post about the game, since the official forums are down- http://cubeworldforum.org/index

If you know someone who has an account, currently the game checks one time when you login to see if the game is legit and doesn't ever check again... and all character/map data is stored locally...

Been having a good time playing with my buddies. Gets repetitive pretty quick without the "make whatever you want" aspect of minecraft and few quests/actual goals to achieve but it has a shitload of potential. Hope it lives up to it.

Also, don't play a warrior. Literally anything else is better.

Here is my frog warrior who is a worthless piece of shit in multiplayer because the damage you take is increased and damage mitigation, even with a few legendary pieces and the active guardian skill and the passive guardian hp, it not enough to tank stuff, and the increased stun threshholds means you won't been soloing anything but the easiest monsters in a multiplayer server.

JriIjHc.jpg

Just saw this:

Picroma is up. (83.69% Uptime. Last up: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 09:56:02 AM)
Registration is down. (2.58% Uptime. Last up: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 09:53:02 AM)
Shop is down. (2.91% Uptime. Last up: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 08:36:01 AM)
Data may be delayed up to one minute. Statistics are based off of the last 2097 minutes.

So the website has been mostly up but registration and the shop have been down basically the entire time. Suffering through a DDoS attack is total bullshit and absolutely not fair but those percentages are still outright embarrassing.

edit: Updated the percentages as it has been tracked longer.

As a heads up account registration is currently open, but the shop is still down.  I registered with hopes this means the shop will be up soon too.  Right now would be the perfect time for the shop to be open. 

I highly recommend Cube World. Bought it last week on the 3rd or the 4th before the site got all the DDoS attacks. Well worth the $20 alpha price.

Been spending hours farming Fire Beetles in the Lava Biomes. Supposedly they have a good chance to drop Charred Steak for an Imp pet, but sadly I still haven't gotten one yet. Hopefully whoever posted that info online wasn't lying.

Here's my Rouge/Assassin character and my Spitter pet, which is actually a really great Healer.

2SLnI4w.jpg

Anyhow, my friend was able to buy it awhile ago, so Registration and the Shop are open.

Got to hand it to Notch. If Minecraft would have been an EA or Activision etc. property, they would have sued anyone trying to get on the Minecraft bandwagon. Thank God Notch is cool with that, would be a shame to miss out on gems like this one otherwise.

Got to hand it to Notch. If Minecraft would have been an EA or Activision etc. property, they would have sued anyone trying to get on the Minecraft bandwagon. Thank God Notch is cool with that, would be a shame to miss out on gems like this one otherwise.
I find this comment funny because EA has Battlefield and Medal of Honor and Activision has COD. Notch definitely has supported the indie community, but the look of the game was not original nor was the idea of block building or crafting.

I find this comment funny because EA has Battlefield and Medal of Honor and Activision has COD. Notch definitely has supported the indie community, but the look of the game was not original nor was the idea of block building or crafting.
Neither was Tetris. Didn't stop The Tetris Company from suing left and right. But hey, glad I was able to put a smile on your face! :p

Neither was Tetris. Didn't stop The Tetris Company from suing left and right. But hey, glad I was able to put a smile on your face! :p

Tetris actually had valid legal claims and won most of the cases it has filed. It's two different situations. But I get it, Notch is anti patent, IP, etc. Great sentiment, just doesn't mean he's being nice by not filing lawsuits in instances he would have no legal basis to sue in the first place.

Tetris actually had valid legal claims and won most of the cases it has filed. It's two different situations. But I get it, Notch is anti patent, IP, etc. Great sentiment, just doesn't mean he's being nice by not filing lawsuits in instances he would have no legal basis to sue in the first place.
I would hope so since his game is a ripoff of Infiniminer.

If anybody wants an extra account, I'm selling mine for $10 in either Amazon Gift Card or PayPal.  I am also willing to trade for either Game of Thrones RPG or Of Orcs and Men (both on Steam) if you picked those up on Steam sale.  

I was hoping to get this with my friend but he's not interested so someone else might as well use it and enjoy it! We'll change the username, password and email after payment.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to put this on Steam?  Been tempted to buy this game for forever, but kind of holding off in case it comes to Steam, but maybe it is going to be like Minecraft and stay by itself.  

Does anyone know if there are any plans to put this on Steam? Been tempted to buy this game for forever, but kind of holding off in case it comes to Steam, but maybe it is going to be like Minecraft and stay by itself.
Haven't heard anything yet, but they haven't updated the game in ages. Seems they're working on quests now, but for the longest time we don't hear anything.

Trion is making Trove which is similar to this, but it will have microtransactions. However it's being updated more frequently.

Haven't heard anything yet, but they haven't updated the game in ages. Seems they're working on quests now, but for the longest time we don't hear anything.

Trion is making Trove which is similar to this, but it will have microtransactions. However it's being updated more frequently.
Thanks for the info. I did notice it had been around 5 months since updates for Cube World so that's never a good sign. I went ahead and signed up for the Alpha for Trove and will try to check that one out instead.

According to the launcher, the last update was on July 23, 2013 so we're getting close to a full year without any fixes or new content. So...I'd recommend not buying the game at this point. :booty:

According to the launcher, the last update was on July 23, 2013 so we're getting close to a full year without any fixes or new content. So...I'd recommend not buying the game at this point. :booty:
Wow, that is definitely not cool. I was going by the blog posts from this month and January saying they were adding questing, but those seem to be just wishful thinking by the dev. Thanks for the info.

Totally forgot about this... looking like the guy just took people's money and feels no pressure/responsibility to work on it.  I'm sure he'll throw it on Steam EA when he wants another cash grab.

bread's done
Back