Damage Pacific Squadron WWII Collector's Edition $21.34(PS3), $20.10(Xbox) Amazon 3rd Party

I picked up the game around last November for $10 bucks, have yet to play it. The idea of a joystick is a bit tempting, but no idea if its worth re-buying the game just to get a joystick...I have some pondering to do, lol.... Thanks for the post OP

That's a good price for the CE.  Seems to be a mixed bag quality-wise:  Amazon User rating all 5 stars, Metacritic 43.  There's a demo available so you don't have to go in blind.

I would get this if I knew that Seitek is providing drivers for the ps4. Sony is of couse allowing ps4 peripheral support as long as the manufacturer supports the item. Hopefully, Logitech will be supporting the g27 wheel and Hori will support their Soul Calibur 5 tournament stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems a great deal for the stick. What games are really good that I would use it for? (PS3, i assume there are TONS of sims and such on PC)

You can always get the stick and trade in the game to Amazon for 2.95. Get the stick for 16.93 with PS3 version, but Xbox is better for that. Costs more but trade in is better on game alone, that is if the game in the CE is the same, sku wise, as the game solo and they accept it. Xbox you can get the stick for 15.69 after trade in.

PS3 version is 19.88 now.

Disappointed I missed this game when it was on sale at GS for $19.99 over a year ago. And the game is still NIB, sitting on the shelf with a $60 price tag. 

Thanx OP for that price I could use the stick on other games like H.A.W.K. too ...

+1

Thanks for posting this!  I've been looking for a flight stick for a LOOONG time.  Hoping it'll work with Ace Combat, HAWX, Over-G fighters...  

Thanks for posting this! I've been looking for a flight stick for a LOOONG time. Hoping it'll work with Ace Combat, HAWX, Over-G fighters...
According to that review posted above that was more critical of the game than the flight stick, it should work great with HAWX and hopefully the others.

I only own Birds of Steel right now for a flight sim so I'm resistant to picking this up with a PS4 preordered. If it drops to $15 I doubt I'll be able to hold out any longer. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Reading some reviews, it seems the flight stick works well with Hawx and Ace Combat games. Looks like it's pretty well made and the 360 version is fully compatible with PC as well. Bought it for $18.63. Thanks OP.

Debating on it.

Wonder if the Joystick will work with BF4 on PC later on (if i get the xbox one)

Like earlier stated $19 for Xbox and then sell game for $4

For those getting the 360 edition to use the stick on the PC, note that there IS a difference between them.

The 360 version includes a small stick that replicates the D-Pad.

On the PC version the D-Pad is replaced with a 3 position switch that modifies the functions of the switches via their software. I'm not sure exactly how this works since I don't have the stick, and information on the stick is scarce from what I've seen.

For those getting the 360 edition to use the stick on the PC, note that there IS a difference between them.

The 360 version includes a small stick that replicates the D-Pad.

On the PC version the D-Pad is replaced with a 3 position switch that modifies the functions of the switches via their software. I'm not sure exactly how this works since I don't have the stick, and information on the stick is scarce from what I've seen.
"3-Position mode switch instantly triples button actions"

wonder what the difference really is though. Like you said there's like no information on it

Edit:

Powerful ST Programming Software
Use Saitek's proprietary Smart Technology (ST) Programming Software to configure your controls to suit your preferred flying style and then save those configurations as personal profiles. The buttons and axes of the AV8R are also programmable via the software. Easy, quick, and the all power you need right on your computer.

3-Position Mode Switch Instantly Triples Button Actions
Once you have the ST Programming Software up and running, the mode switch allows you to program the same button with a trio of different actions. Simply adjust the switch's position to access your programmed commands.

It's a good stick. I bought it from GameStop awhile back and if you can search for that deal thread I posted a link for it explaining how the ps3 version was compatible with pc more than the 360 version is. It was sometime last year I believe.

Edit: oops sorry. My link was for how a ps3 one could work on a 360, but the reverse isn't true. I think both work fine on a pc then.

Someone say $15? I have never used this site and know nothing of this site. Reviews seem to point to it being legit but not having the best customer service. For some reason they used the same picture, the Xbox version, for both listings. HA, even better, when you click to enlarge the Xbox version picture on the PS3 listing it at least gives you a PS3 version picture enlarged..

Nothingbutsoftware.com - :ps3: Damage Inc. Collectors - $15

Nothingbutsoftware.com - :360: Damage Inc. Collectors - $13.97

Just for another source, Newegg also has them from a third party seller which, by name, looks different than the amazon 3rd party. Here there is once again the proper picture for the Xbox, but no picture for the PS3 version for some reason. Poor PS3 version.

NE - :360: Damage Inc. Collectors - $19.47 Shipped

NE - :ps3: Damage Inc. Collectors - $20.73 Shipped

On another note, the amazon version give a code for the upgraded plane in game. The NE and Nothingbutsoftware pictures show what looks like a physical model plane. Maybe it is just supposed to represent the in game plane but I can't tell.

Hmmmm, I may have to jump on it now. A bunch of third parties have had it for $25 for at least a week or so, but I was holding off because I wanted a better quality stick. I bought an Ace Edge off a guy on eBay and was waiting for that to arrive, but now that it has (and is most definitely not in "Like New" condition), I think I will go ahead on this and keep trying to nab a quality flight stick in the meantime.

I did want to get this at some point in time just because of the aesthetics of the stick; I love the way it looks.

Edit: And I should have just ordered it for $25 from someone fulfilled by Amazon a couple days ago. Not only would it have gotten here quicker than a third-party seller, who are all abysmally slow, but it would have gotten here period. Looks like the seller on Amazon and Beach Audio on eBay do not ship to APO.

Awesome...

Might have to jump on it now since it's $14

Still cant decide between Xbox or PS3 though

Xbox; if you just trade in the physical game to AWD comes to $9.63 for the joystick

Son of a bitch...

edit: That lower Amazon price for the :ps3: version adds $9 shipping.  Resisting for now but if they match that other site, I'm caving.

It's a good stick. I bought it from GameStop awhile back and if you can search for that deal thread I posted a link for it explaining how the ps3 version was compatible with pc more than the 360 version is. It was sometime last year I believe.

Edit: oops sorry. My link was for how a ps3 one could work on a 360, but the reverse isn't true. I think both work fine on a pc then.
Can you post that link again? It would be great to have a stick that works across both :ps3: and :360:.

Just for another source, Newegg also has them from a third party seller which, by name, looks different than the amazon 3rd party. Here there is once again the proper picture for the Xbox, but no picture for the PS3 version for some reason. Poor PS3 version.

On another note, the amazon version give a code for the upgraded plane in game. The NE and Nothingbutsoftware pictures show what looks like a physical model plane. Maybe it is just supposed to represent the in game plane but I can't tell.
Apparently the box with the clear window (and 1/48 scale die-cast Corsiar) is actually the "Squadron Leaders" edition, as seen on this Mad Catz contest page, but any product that says "Collector's Edition" should be assumed it's the one with the windowless-box. Even the Newegg 3rd-party has had several reviews for using the wrong picture, so wherever gives you the best price on the CE (and won't sell you a used/opened/damaged copy), that's your pick.

Apparently the box with the clear window (and 1/48 scale die-cast Corsiar) is actually the "Squadron Leaders" edition, as seen on this Mad Catz contest page, but any product that says "Collector's Edition" should be assumed it's the one with the windowless-box. Even the Newegg 3rd-party has had several reviews for using the wrong picture, so wherever gives you the best price on the CE (and won't sell you a used/opened/damaged copy), that's your pick.
Interestingly enough on NothingbutSoftware it shows the Squadron Leader edition but when you click on it to enlarge it shows the Collectors Edition. I have decided to bite with NBS at $15 shipped for the PS3 version. 7-10 day shipping. We shall see if I will be checking this site on the regular or not very soon. Paid via paypal so I feel ok that they will cover me if something smelly hits the fan.\, or propeller as the case may be here.

Keep in mind I haven't tried this yet. I only bought the PS3 version to keep my options open since I own both consoles.

http://www.ehow.co.u...r-ps3-xbox.html
Hmmmm, every single one of the eHow articles on "how to use X with Y" are all posted by ConsoleSource.com ... a gaming accessory website that reports it's been down for maintenance for 521 days now. :)

Original link to their website & the all-powerful "Xbox 360 Max Shooter v2" adapter:

Meh. Mine just got cancelled. Any recourse? It was sold via 3rd party Amazon. Any luck getting an Amazon rep to pm the price I had paid?
You can leave negative feedback. That is what I did. Instead of being able to get a similar one @ $20 now you have to pay $40+ to get it.

i ordered the ps3 one last night from PORTABLE GUY, a third party seller on amazon, and it hasnt been cancelled. hopefully i get this dumb thing.

Just delivered a little while ago, and man the Flightstick is really cool looking. It's a heck of a lot bigger than the picture leads you to believe.
The game isn't bad either. I love that you can switch to in cockpit view.
Pretty sweet deal.

Just received mine today. Thanks to the OP for posting this. Only problem is I accidentally ordered two Xbox 360 versions. Not sure what I'm going to do with the second one.

bread's done
Back