Photo
* * * * * 17 votes

3DS eShop Deals - 7/10: EOIV & Untold $14.99 each, $2 Tappingo, $5 Jett Rocket II, & $9.99 Inazuma Eleven until 7/13!

3DS 3DS eShop Nintendo eShop Indies

• Please log in to reply
2806 replies to this topic

#2791 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

how long has it been since you turned your 3ds on.  Could be worse, could have 4 little kids screaming they want to watch the  WWE PPV when you have not had the ps3 hooked up for a month and  it had to  download like 3 updates and took almost 25 mins.  The horror the horror.   :)

Hehe.  I had both experiences.  I've had my 3DS on a lot, but it still downloaded the update last evening at some point.  However, on the PS3 end, the lady had just made a snack, and I said I'd find something to watch on Amazon Instant Video.  I had forgotten the PS3 likes to install 72 updates per month before you can use anything.

#2792 rlm2112

rlm2112

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

Yeah, I loved those games, and Final Fantasy Adventure. Final Fantasy Legend 2 and 3 both had DS remakes in Japan. They're just called SaGa there, I believe, or maybe it's Makitoshi Saga or something. They re-branded them as FF for the American audience. And FF Adventure is, of course, "Secret of Mana Zero," i.e. the game Secret of Mana was a sequel to (Seiken Densetsu 1 and 2)

Anyway, long story short, those were four great Game Boy games, whatever the titles, and I'd love to see them on the eShop, and I'm sad we didn't get the remakes. The remakes were ugly DS 3D anyway and didn't eliminate the real design flaws of the games anyway (the incessant random encounters). But it would still be nice. :) I'd be really happy with just the originals ported into color and fiddled with. Or just the orignals period.....

Thanks for this info, I didn't know any of that :) Final Fantasy Adventure was my first FF game. It makes sense that's it's actually a mana game. I too really want to see these released on the VC.

I remember getting really far in Adventure, and getting stuck because I didn't have some stupid item I needed to progress. It was extremely disappointing :(
Posted Image

#2793 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

I remember getting really far in Adventure, and getting stuck because I didn't have some stupid item I needed to progress. It was extremely disappointing :(

Yeah, I played the HELL out of Adventure.  I even picked up Sword of Mana, the GBA remake, but I never actually got around to playing it.  Heard it wasn't as good anyway.  Would buy FFA in a heart beat if they released it.

And yeah, that game was unforgiving.  The first playthrough I was in the last dungeon, probably a few floors away from the final boss.  And I ran out of keys.  I think I needed like 1 or 2 more to make it to the end of the game.  And once you got into the last dungeon, you couldn't exit it either - and of course I had saved in the last dungeon.  So I literally had no other recourse than to start the entire damn thing over.

Thankfully, it was worth playing again.  And it's one of the few games whose main theme I can recall almost instantly at will.  Such a good theme song...

#2794 gravel

gravel

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

*Deletes OP* :-(

Sorry, Frisky.  I should have known better.  :oops:

how long has it been since you turned your 3ds on.  Could be worse, could have 4 little kids screaming they want to watch the  WWE PPV when you have not had the ps3 hooked up for a month and  it had to  download like 3 updates and took almost 25 mins.  The horror the horror.   :)

Well, it was Money in the Bank, well worth watching.  I think the 3DS has been about a month, but I always have issues downloading updates.  Says an error occurred, start over, and it picks up where the download left off.  Depending on the update, it could take 5-7 attempts.  Now I bought Inazuma, and that won't download.  Ugh.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed,

#2795 io

io

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

Damn, may have to get EO Millennium Girl. I have the "CE" version still sealed... But, the question is, will I actually play it? I'd definitely get EO IV but I have actually played that one. I would recommend that to anyone on the fence about it.

#2796 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

Damn, may have to get EO Millennium Girl. I have the "CE" version still sealed... But, the question is, will I actually play it? I'd definitely get EO IV but I have actually played that one. I would recommend that to anyone on the fence about it.

Yeah, I gave in and picked up EOU for $15.  I'm in the middle of a game on my cartridge, but have been wanting it on my system full time - it's pretty much my default game.  Really enjoying it.  I just wish the games weren't quite SO long - I'm still halfway through a run on EOII, and haven't touched my copies of EOIII or EOIV.  And when the next one comes out, I'll pick that one up too.

I do appreciate the inclusion of the story mode in EOU - the fixed party and actual storyline/personalities makes for an easier game to stay interested in.  I've been working on my EOII game for years, and it just gets to be a slog after a while, and then I end up taking a few months break before picking it back up again.

#2797 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

Yeah, I gave in and picked up EOU for $15.  I'm in the middle of a game on my cartridge, but have been wanting it on my system full time - it's pretty much my default game.  Really enjoying it. 

Just checking, since you probably already know--but there is an "app" thing on the eShop that lets you get the save data off a cartridge and put it on your SD card to use with the eShop version of the same game.  (again, you probably know this, but in case you don't...)

#2798 io

io

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

Just checking, since you probably already know--but there is an "app" thing on the eShop that lets you get the save data off a cartridge and put it on your SD card to use with the eShop version of the same game.  (again, you probably know this, but in case you don't...)

I had no idea there was such a thing. Granted it wouldn't have been something I would have needed yet, though my son did start Pokémon X and then I got him the digital version through that 3DS XL promo. I don't think he was very far into the cart version though. Still, nice to know. I'm not sure how the average person would know about this. I consider myself above average in terms of video game knowledge and this was news to me!

#2799 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

I don't know how I found out either!

#2800 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

I remember them announcing it in some Direct stream, though I'm not sure exactly when it came out. It was definitely after they started putting out retail stuff on the eShop, as they needed to address the lack of a way to transfer saves.

#2801 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:37 AM

i say if your going to  get it   Play it till you beat it. Never play it and then  leave to play something else.  or you will never go back.

i got either    IV or  EO   got up to chapter 5   and  never went back.  the other game i had like 20 hours into it sold it , got it back at half the price but  just could never get into  Replaying the game to get to where i was. 

I think  later this week i will try to start one or the  other ones back up since  

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 has been pushed back to unknown (last place holder is  late  aug but that is still a place holder.) 

if i dont get these started soon  i dont see  ever starting them before end of year due to fact 

JULY  OPEN  (maybe one piece  getting it tomorrow via gamefly) 

AUG   DIsgaea 4  vita    Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed

SEPT   NAtURAL DOCtRINE

OCT   Fantasy Life

NOV    Pokemon Omega Ruby and  Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

DEC    see NOV  

WOOOO I STINK

#2802 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:57 AM

We're finally getting Fantasy Life???

Does this mean we're getting Dragon Quest VII and Youkai Watch and stuff too I hope???

#2803 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:05 AM

We're finally getting Fantasy Life???

Does this mean we're getting Dragon Quest VII and Youkai Watch and stuff too I hope???

Youkai Watch I bet we get....DQVII....I don't know if NOA is still doing publishing for S-E games....S-E are the ones poking on that decision.

#2804 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

Youkai Watch I bet we get....DQVII....I don't know if NOA is still doing publishing for S-E games....S-E are the ones poking on that decision.

I h8 dem.

Deprived of so much Level 5 and so much RPG in general.

#2805 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

Here are the new deals for this week:

Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai - $4.99 - 44% Off - Ends 7/24

Swords & Soldiers 3D - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/31

Witch & Hero - $2.79 - 30% Off - Ends 7/31

Ending soon:

Inazuma Eleven - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/13

New releases:

Bases Loaded - $4.99

Me & My Pets 3D - $19.99

One Piece Unlimited World Red - $29.99

Rabi Laby 3 - $4.99

#2806 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

Nintendo is straight up trolling right now. Bases Loaded on both the 3DS and Wii U. The third straight week, at least, where the VC releases have been the same on both platforms? And still no cross buy? Getouttahere.

#2807 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

Nintendo is straight up trolling right now. Bases Loaded on both the 3DS and Wii U. The third straight week, at least, where the VC releases have been the same on both platforms? And still no cross buy? Getouttahere.

Yeah, id be happy with paying an extra $1.00 or something kinda like they do with the Wii Shop to Wii U eShop upgrades. Maybe it will happen one day. No Pokemon TCG VC either, lame.

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416