Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (8/4-8/10) $50 Gift Card with Wii U Deluxe at Best Buy & Target

sunday ads wii u

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

iconbestbuy.gif Best Buy (and Target) thrown in a $50 gift card with a Wii U Deluxe purchasePre-order and purchase a select game to receive $10 in reward zone certificates.

18_t.gif GameStop is still holding their Summer Sale and has added some online coupon codes.

icontarget.gif Target also throws in a $50 gift card with a Wii U Deluxe purchase. 

icontoysrus_r1.gif Toys R Us includes a $25 gift card with the purchase of a Wii U and Pikmin 3. All Skylander Giants Figures regularly priced $15.99 are 2 for $22, Skylanders Giants Starter Packs are $29.99, and Single Giants Character Packs priced $9.99 and $10.99 are 2 for $15.

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, chatgirl4 - See original post snapback.png

:wiiu: Purchase Wii U Deluxe for $349.99, receive a free $50 Best Buy Gift Card

:360: Red Chrome Xbox Wireless controller $44.99

:360: Wireless N network adapter $49.99

:360: Wireless Controller with transforming D-pad $52.99

:360: Microsoft 320GB Media Hard Drive for Xbox 360 $114.99

iconbestbuy.gifPre-order and purchase a select game to receive $10 in reward zone certificates (valid for reward zone members only), eligible titles include:

Splinter Cell Blacklist  :360: :ps3: :wiiu: available 8/20

Madden 25  :360:  :ps3: :wiiu: PS4 XB1 available 8/27 for current generation consoles

Grand Theft Auto V  :360:  :ps3: Available 9/17

Fifa 14  :360:  :ps3: XB1 PS4 available 9/24 for current generation consoles

Credit to BainBridge's_Stache @ br.com

GameStop (Ad)
Thanks, litepink - See original post snapback.png
Ends 8/6

18_t.gifGameStop Summer Sale

18_t.gifOnline coupon codes:

AUG5 - $5 off games/accessories purchase of $25 or more

AUG15 - 15% off games/accessories totaling $59.99+ and free value shipping

:360: :ps3: Defiance - New low price  ///$19.99

Used $18.99 - CE $39.99 - Ultimate Ed. $59.99 - :pc: $9.99

:360: :ps3: Rocksmith Guitar and Bass /// $29.99

18_t.gif Lego Batman 2 /// $19.99 (all platforms)

:ps3: PS3 Console Bundle 250 GB (inc. Lego Batman, Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7, LBP Karting) $249.99

:3ds: Project X Zone /// $29.99

:360: :ps3: Deadpool $39.99

:360: :ps3: Walking Dead Survival Instinct $29.99

:360: :ps3: WWE 13 $29.99

:360: :ps3: MLB 2K13 $29.99

:360: :ps3: Serious Sam Collection $29.99

:ps3: God of War Ascencion $29.99

:360: :ps3: X-Com Enemy Unknown $19.99

Kmart (Ad)

Spoiler

Target (Ad)
Thanks, chatgirl4 - See original post snapback.png

:wiiu: Purchase Nintendo Wii U Deluxe for $349.99, receive a free $50 Target Gift Card
icontarget.gif Save $10 of Call of Duty Black OPS II or Modern Warfare 3 when you preorder Call of Duty Ghosts for $1

:wii: :3ds: Free Movie Admission (up to $10) With purchase of Disney's Planes video game for ($39.99 each)

icontarget.gif Target Exclusive Skylanders Reserve Card for $1 (place card on portal to unlock in-game character upgrades)

:wii: :360: Skylanders Giants Starter Pack $39.99

Credit to BainBridge's_Stache @ BR.com

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, FrontBurnr - See post here

:wiiu: $25 Gift Card with purchase of Wii U and Pikmin 3

icontoysrus_r1.gif 2 for $22 All Skylander Giants Figures regularly priced $15.99

icontoysrus_r1.gif Skylanders Giants Starter Packs $29.99

icontoysrus_r1.gif Buy Disney Planes get 50% off any Disney Game $19.99 or less

icontoysrus_r1.gif 2 for $15 on Skylander Giants Single Character Packs $9.99 and $10.99

#2 Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey

Born To Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Save $10 of Call of Duty Black OPS II or Modern Warfare 3 when you preorder Call of Duty Ghosts for $1

Call of Duty Black OPS II :360:  :ps3: $59.99 

Free Movie Admission (up to $10) With purchase of Disney's Planes video game for  :wii:  or  :3ds: ($39.99 each)

Target Exclusive Skylanders Reserve Card for $1 (place card on portal to unlock in-game character upgrades)

Skylanders Giants Starter Pack :wii:  :360: $39.99

Pikmin 3 $59.99 available Sunday

:wiiu: Purchase Nintendo Wii U Deluxe for $349.99, receive a free $50 Target Gift Card

Credit to BainBridge's_Stache @ BR.com

Posted Image

People whining about having to do their job is annoying. Hence you no longer have a job and people buy most of their reading materials from the internet. Fuck off and go work at McDonald's now.

Best Buy managed to out-Gamestop Gamestop. Good show. :applause:

8-) Real gamers don't shop at GameStop 8-)

#3 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

Purchase Nintendo Wii U Deluxe for $349.99, receive a free $50 Target Gift Card

God dammit, I just bought a Wii U from Best Buy yesterday -- I haven't price matched stuff in a long time, but would Best Buy honor this?

#4 Drakbak

Drakbak

CAG'n All Night Long!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

God dammit, I just bought a Wii U from Best Buy yesterday -- I haven't price matched stuff in a long time, but would Best Buy honor this?

I believe the new policy is that you can only price match other stores at the point-of-sale.  After that, you can only price match Best Buy itself.  You could probably buy one from target and return it to Best Buy.  Someone informed me this may not work either if the UPC numbers are different.

#5 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

I believe the new policy is that you can only price match other stores at the point-of-sale.  After that, you can only price match Best Buy itself.  You could probably buy one from target and return it to Best Buy.  Someone informed me this may not work either if the UPC numbers are different.

Yeah, looks like they won't do it. It's probably not worth the hassle over $50 anyway. I need to learn to be more patient, I bought the Wii U just for Pikmin and it looks like this deal is trying to get people like me.

#6 ColFantastic

ColFantastic

Ranking Officer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Is this the Wii U version that does not come with Nintendo Land? Basically the $50 gift card buys you a new game.

Would Best Buy Price Match this and give a $50 gift card?

ColFantastic's Sell/Trade List

http://www.cheapassg...s-vita-games-w/

#7 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

I'd say you have 100% chance of getting a price match. If for some reason you get shot down at one store try another.
If all else fails you're within the return policy and can take it back and purchase at Target.

#8 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Oh and don't forget to grab Black Ops for $20 at Best Buy!

#9 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'd say you have 100% chance of getting a price match. If for some reason you get shot down at one store try another.
If all else fails you're within the return policy and can take it back and purchase at Target.

Have you had luck, even after their policy change? Their site says they don't match gift cards anymore.

I'm going to try either way, but I doubt it will work. And no returns for me, I already transferred my Wii info to my Wii U.

#10 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

Oh man, I was tempted to buy a WiiU last week and now this deal comes out, but no, I have to stay strong for a bigger price drop.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#11 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Is this the Wii U version that does not come with Nintendo Land? Basically the $50 gift card buys you a new game.

Official policy is that they don't PM gift card deals, but I've had success in the past getting them to take the value of the gift card off of the price (very YMMV). Doesn't hurt to try. If it doesn't work, just go to Target

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#12 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Oh man, I was tempted to buy a WiiU last week and now this deal comes out, but no, I have to stay strong for a bigger price drop.

The price drop will be to $300 for the deluxe.

If you are planning to buy a game this would be worth it although come black friday im sure we will see the $300 Wii U deluxe with a free game or gift card. Or we could see stores do a drop to like $279

#13 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

Technically, you should be able to return it and then buy it again at the matched price. I know they say they're more strict about price adjustments, but maybe they'd still do it for you if you tell them that's what you'd end up doing if they refuse to match it. 

#14 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

If you still have the box couldn't you buy a Wiiu from target, take the new one out of the box and put it in the box you got from BB and return it to BB?

#15 Agadama

Agadama

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

If you still have the box couldn't you buy a Wiiu from target, take the new one out of the box and put it in the box you got from BB and return it to BB?

They may check the Serial Number. Besides, why not just return the BB Wii U and then buy the Target Wii U?

#16 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

You guys are crazy, I'm not committing fraud (no matter how minor it may be) over $50.

why not just return the BB Wii U and then buy the Target Wii U?

I already transferred my Wii info over to the Wii U, otherwise I'd take it back tonight.

#17 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

And so it begins. I seriously have been waiting months for the Pikmin 3 deals to start rolling in thinking somebody would offer a bundle, or as I told my kids this morning while we were in Kmart - "Target will offer a $50 GC if you buy a WiiU and Pikmin 3". If the $50 GC is for just the WiiU anybody know how long I have to wait before I go back and buy Pikmin 3? I live within 9 miles of 9 Targets so I don't mind driving to a different store. 

Did somebody buy a WiiU at full MSRP to play Pikmin 3 10 days before the game comes out? Must be new to CAG. I'm expecting TRU, BB and maybe Kmart to have similar deals. Gamestop sucks for deals, Walmart may offer a free stylus or something. This is the first opportunity these stores have to unload WiiU stock that has been collecting dust since after Christmas, everybody should have a deal Aug 4. 

#18 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

The price drop will be to $300 for the deluxe.

If you are planning to buy a game this would be worth it although come black friday im sure we will see the $300 Wii U deluxe with a free game or gift card. Or we could see stores do a drop to like $279

Naaah, I bet it'll be $300 with a free game or gift card as a standard deal when the PS4/XB1 come out.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#19 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Forgot before - thanks to chatgirl4 for the long awaited Pikmin 3 WiiU deal post.

Also - is the $299 Basic OFFICIALLY deceased in the US? I checked the websites of BB, Gamestop, TRU, Target, Kmart and Walmart and it's not available new anywhere online (GS had it $279 refurb and TRU said In Store Only, not available for pick-up). If that's the case then the Deluxe price drop to $299 must be imminent, no? Makes me hesitant, but I've waited this long and really want Pikmin 3 NOW.

#20 jholden3249

jholden3249

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Yeah, looks like they won't do it. It's probably not worth the hassle over $50 anyway. I need to learn to be more patient, I bought the Wii U just for Pikmin and it looks like this deal is trying to get people like me.

There's no way you could have known- more times than not patience does nothing but keep you from months of fun on a new system. That Pikmin 3 looks great though doesn't it? I pre ordered mine, but it's through Amazon so it'll take a few days after Aug 4 to come in the mail. I went ham on the Wii U games, also pre ordered NSLU, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101, Deus Ex, Windwaker HD, Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed 4, Watch Dogs, DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros 4, and Mario Kart 8! I don't know how much I spent but it's a hell of a lot of $. But hey, I can't turn a good game down... whattaya gonna do right

#21 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

Wii U Deluxe is the one that comes with NintendoLand, so yes, this comes with a free game along with the Digital Deluxe Program.

Anyone saying "it needs to drop more"

LOL.. it's not going to drop this year. And if it does ever drop, it's only a $50 drop. That's pretty much the same as the gift card deal.

#22 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:18 AM

Wii U Deluxe is the one that comes with NintendoLand, so yes, this comes with a free game along with the Digital Deluxe Program.

Anyone saying "it needs to drop more"

LOL.. it's not going to drop this year. And if it does ever drop, it's only a $50 drop. That's pretty much the same as the gift card deal.

a few weeks ago the wii u dropped $50 in UK

who knows, maybe it will happen in the USA this black friday

http://www.nintendo-...ii-u-price-cut/

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#23 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:09 AM

The Wii U has been constantly dropping price in the UK. It's never had a stable price since launch - for a reason. It was overpriced. The sales are a lot worse there too so that's also a factor.

I guess Black Friday.

#24 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:40 AM

The basic Wii U is officially discontinued so as of now $350 is the only way, which will make the $50 price drop seem bigger despite the xonsole already have been previously sold for $300 but for the basic of course.

#25 OldSchoolGaming4Life

OldSchoolGaming4Life

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:03 AM

Yeah, i'mma need an exact Wii U bundle like that Deluxe Zombi U set, except without Zombi U. i don't care about that game whatsoever, well maybe if it was free like T!T!T! ;). do a pack in with either NSMBU or the brand new SM3DW for black friday, price it at $350 and include a free $50 GC and i'm down. i wouldn't mind Nintendo Land being digital either like it was in the Zombi U bundle, since i actually like this game and since i would never sell it anyway.

3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996
NNID: OldSchoolGaming
PSN: C90sRetroGaming
Youtube: http://www.youtube.c...hoolGaming4Life

GameFaq's: 90sRetroGaming
Feel free to add me! PM or comment on my page to add! :)

#26 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

$300 for the deluxe Wii U was the price I waiting for. Too bad I can't afford it right now even if I used my 10% Target employee discount.

Oh well. 

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#27 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

Ugh. Got it a couple months ago at BB with the $25 GC promo. Didn't think target would put this sale up again when I missed it the first time.. back when they also had the buy 2 get 1 free sale on all games.

#28 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

There's no way you could have known- more times than not patience does nothing but keep you from months of fun on a new system. That Pikmin 3 looks great though doesn't it? I pre ordered mine, but it's through Amazon so it'll take a few days after Aug 4 to come in the mail. I went ham on the Wii U games, also pre ordered NSLU, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101, Deus Ex, Windwaker HD, Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed 4, Watch Dogs, DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros 4, and Mario Kart 8! I don't know how much I spent but it's a hell of a lot of $. But hey, I can't turn a good game down... whattaya gonna do right

Oh definitely, I held out for a few weeks to see if a deal pops up. Now I can get a couple weeks in with messing around with Nintendo Land before Pikmin arrives.

#29 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

I didn't realize Pikmin was so close to being released, SWEET!
<p>194619.pngRecently finished: Battlefield 4, GTA5, Splinter Cell Blacklist, The Last of Us, Army of Two: Devil's Cartel

#30 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

I didn't realize Pikmin was so close to being released, SWEET!

Yep :D Only like 2 weeks away!

I really think the Wii U is a great deal with the $50 gift card. Sure, it currently has a lack of games, but rarely have I enjoyed games as much as multi-player Mario or Nintendoland. I have had so many laughs in New Super Mario Bros because of the stupid collision :P It looks like this Holiday season they'll finally get their act together

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png