Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Buy Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection at $49.99 Get Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for $19.99 at Bestbuy.com

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

I didn't see this in the weekly ad thread so I don't know if this will apply when the game releases on Tuesday in-store but you can purchase it now to ship since I've been reading that people are gonna buy this collection at MSRP and is good for those who haven't played Rising yet.

1 thing I noticed is that on the product page for the Legacy Colection is that it doesn't mention that it comes with the art book that is mentioned on Amazon.com page so I don't know if the book is an Amazon exclusive.

Enjoy

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat305900050004

#2 Kaneco

Kaneco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

Just tried to cancel my order from 'Amazon'...it was set for 'Shipping Now', I hope it works! I don't want to pass up on this deal! xD

#3 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

Is the artbook packages with the game? From the few screenshots i've seen it looks like one of the mini ones that Atlus throws in with most of their games (ex: Catherine).

If it's large + heavy I might order this though. The amazon product details says ~ 9 oz as the shipping weight but they are wrong half the time.

#4 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

revengence was a fun thrill ride (act 7 boss fight was amazing) but man oh man was the final boss a tough challange. no boss had ever killed me that much since sepheroth in kh2 smh
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#5 zyk

zyk

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

Is the artbook packages with the game? From the few screenshots i've seen it looks like one of the mini ones that Atlus throws in with most of their games (ex: Catherine).

If it's large + heavy I might order this though. The amazon product details says ~ 9 oz as the shipping weight but they are wrong half the time.

The artbook is packaged with the game in a slipcover. 

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds:

:ps3:

:ps4: Destiny

#6 plus1zero

plus1zero

Needs more CLANGA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

Mine shipped from amazon tonight or I'd probably have done this. Oh well. It's not THAT good of a deal, but still solid. Heh, solid...like, Metal Gear Sol-oh I can't do it.

That said I've got a big backlog. Still gotta finish The Last of Us and god of war ascension as well as a few HD collections and PS+ titles. I forsee this being 15-20 in the near future.

#7 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

Pretty good deal, I'd bite if I hadnt got every game in the collection for way less than its msrp already. I want to finish the DLC for Revengeance though, pissed that those trophies pushed me out of 100% completion
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

Mine shipped from amazon tonight or I'd probably have done this. Oh well. It's not THAT good of a deal, but still solid. Heh, solid...like, Metal Gear Sol-oh I can't do it.

That said I've got a big backlog. Still gotta finish The Last of Us and god of war ascension as well as a few HD collections and PS+ titles. I forsee this being 15-20 in the near future.

I could see it getting to $15-20 but WITHOUT the artbook or graphic novel included. I just feel this artbook is a The Last Story-ish 1st printing and once they decide to drop the price that it will only have the game without the extras.

#9 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:34 AM

Once the 1st print has been sold out, the next print will probably not include the art book. So this is the best chance to get this if u have the slightest interest in the whole bundle.

#10 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

Unboxing for anyone interested...

#11 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:46 AM

never got into the art books. you just look at them once or so and they then just collect dust on the shelf
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#12 plus1zero

plus1zero

Needs more CLANGA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

I could see it getting to $15-20 but WITHOUT the artbook or graphic novel included. I just feel this artbook is a The Last Story-ish 1st printing and once they decide to drop the price that it will only have the game without the extras.

Oh I'm referring to MG:R, as I said earlier my amazon copy shipped already. I'm a HUGE Metal Gear Solid fan and I had to have this. I preordered a long time ago in case this happened to be a rare item one day lol.

#13 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

Cancelled my newegg and will consider this one. Has anybody preorder from GameStop? It has the limited MSG double sided poster like zone of Enders, just found out about right now, but might get stiff for the poster though.

#14 htz

htz

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

Cancelled my newegg and will consider this one. Has anybody preorder from GameStop? It has the limited MSG double sided poster like zone of Enders, just found out about right now, but might get stiff for the poster though.

:rofl:

Edit: Thanks for the heads up on the poster, I might cancel my newegg order, too. Need to check if my local GS even have the posters first.

#15 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

:rofl:

What's funny? Zone of Enders poster was pretty limited, none of my stores in the region got it.

#16 htz

htz

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

What's funny? Zone of Enders poster was pretty limited, none of my stores in the region got it.

I loled at the MSG poster, should be MGS poster.

#17 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

What is the difference between this and the HD collection?

#18 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

Sweet, now I know what to use my credit on.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#19 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

Well I was going fo get this but the art book is not even a hardcover so I will pass until the extra super duper edition comes out.

#20 excellen

excellen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

Thanks for this, cancelled my $43 newegg preorder. The artbook doesn't really look like it's worth it even if they do stop including it after a price drop. Just going to wait for $20-ish.

#21 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

hmm this doesn't look impressive at all... maybe I should cancel the preorder afterall...

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#22 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

This collection is not really worth the price imo, as MGS: HD collection already has most of these games. Especially if you already have that and including MGS 4. 

MGS HD collection also just got a reprint it seems.

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#23 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

IMO, not worth it as Rising isn't all that good. It pales in comparison, especially next to the 5 games included with the Legacy set
Posted Image

#24 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

Guy totally forgot to mention it doesn't include Metal Gear AC!D (1 or 2) lol.

xivpads.png

#25 parkerlewis

parkerlewis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for this, cancelled my $43 newegg preorder. The artbook doesn't really look like it's worth it even if they do stop including it after a price drop. Just going to wait for $20-ish.

Yeah, cancelled my $43 newegg preorder as well and will wait until it hits the $20 range like a bunch of other collections have. Seems like everything is on-disc so it should be a good candidate for a used/pre-owned purchase somewhere down the road.  Metal Gear Solid 1 and Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions via included voucher codes.

#26 plus1zero

plus1zero

Needs more CLANGA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

Guy totally forgot to mention it doesn't include Metal Gear AC!D (1 or 2) lol.

Doesn't have the PSP games either does it, aside from PW?

#27 darkhado666

darkhado666

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

man, the Japanese version, like always, is way better...still getting the US version though.

hmmmmm, nevermind...seems like the same content except the packaging is better for the JPN version.

Posted Image

#28 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

awesome deal as i was already buying the mgs collection and have been scouting prices on mgrr.

#29 kamiyan89

kamiyan89

Colombian CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

disappointing artbook is disappointing

#30 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

is this in store as well?