Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Buy Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection at $49.99 Get Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for $19.99 at Bestbuy.com

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#61 blacktrinary

blacktrinary

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

the unboxing didnt show a voucher....are the vr misions and mgs 1 on the disk?

He didn't show because he doesn't want people to steal the code.

#62 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

As with most (all ?) Platinum games, the 360 version is actually better in one way or another. Nothing that's really too big of a deal, though.

The ps3 version runs at native hd res, has full res cutscenes, and of course gets the free VR mission DLC, which is not available to North American 360 copies. Therefore, ps3 version is a bit better, but I have both versions and the game is still great either way.

#63 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

The ps3 version runs at native hd res, has full res cutscenes, and of course gets the free VR mission DLC, which is not available to North American 360 copies. Therefore, ps3 version is a bit better, but I have both versions and the game is still great either way.

http://www.eurogamer...rising-face-off

720p native for both. Graphics slightly better on PS3 in many instances, but the 360 version performs better. The graphical difference is small enough that the more consistently high FPS on the 360 version should honestly be much more important for a game like this than nit-picky graphical details are.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#64 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

From everything I looked up, 360 had a more consistent framerate (8-10 FPS difference at times, I believe), though it was largely during the button mashing sequences, so it doesn't affect gameplay too much. The PS3 is the one with nicer uncompressed cutscenes. They both have minor graphical differences during gameplay, so it's kind of a wash there. Just buy it on the platform you prefer; I personally went with PS3 because my library for it is much smaller, and I was already getting all the other Metal Gear games on PS3. I also wanted the option to play the exclusive VR Mission DLC, though I believe it is no longer free.

Like someone else mentioned, I went to Best Buy at around noon and I only saw two copies; both were sitting in the game cage, rather than out on the shelf. I think the deal works automatically in-store as well, but I'm not positive since my checkout experience was rather odd; I'll spoiler tag the details:

Spoiler

Thanks to the OP for posting this; glad I saw it and cancelled my Newegg pre-order in time. Apologies for the wall-o-text.

#65 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

F**k gamestop. I preorder my copy on Sunday from them, so I go after work to pick it up and they tell me konami delayed the shipment.
What kinda bulls**t lies they tell there customers?!? So I told the guy to cancel all my 20 preorders and give me back my money and that I was going to bestbuy next door. I'm assuming it hurt him to cancel my presales because he was trying to keep me from doing it. If they just gave me a call in the morning telling me my preorder was delayed I would of said thank you for letting me know. But no I went to bestbuy and bought rising for $20 thanks OP!

#66 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

F**k gamestop. I preorder my copy on Sunday from them, so I go after work to pick it up and they tell me konami delayed the shipment.
What kinda bulls**t lies they tell there customers?!? So I told the guy to cancel all my 20 preorders and give me back my money and that I was going to bestbuy next door. I'm assuming it hurt him to cancel my presales because he was trying to keep me from doing it. If they just gave me a call in the morning telling me my preorder was delayed I would of said thank you for letting me know. But no I went to bestbuy and bought rising for $20 thanks OP!

I remember one of my reasons I quit my job at GS now. People getting mad/screwing us over for crap we had no control or knowledge over....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#67 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

If they can call to let you know when things are in, they should call to inform customers of a delay. I drive 40 minutes to get to my nearest one. I would be pissed if it was a dry run. I'm also pretty sure that they didn't get many pre-orders for this. His reaction was way over the top, but when you're just buying new games at MSRP, it's the little things--like customer relations--that really go the extra mile.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

#68 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

If they can call to let you know when things are in, they should call to inform customers of a delay. I drive 40 minutes to get to my nearest one. I would be pissed if it was a dry run. I'm also pretty sure that they didn't get many pre-orders for this. His reaction was way over the top, but when you're just buying new games at MSRP, it's the little things--like customer relations--that really go the extra mile.

I agree, you're the customer.  It's not your job to take whatever they feed you and call it filet mignon.

#69 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

The download voucher finally works now for me.

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#70 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

I remember one of my reasons I quit my job at GS now. People getting mad/screwing us over for crap we had no control or knowledge over....

Nope one thing is doing business the right way and the wrong way.
1. If they would of called me and let me know I would be fine.
2. They straight up lied to me, they said konami delayed the shipments on all stores, even told me bestbuy and target didn't have them. Which I know it's a lie because EVERYONE HERE IS BUYING IT.

You probably quit because you can't handle customer service. It's easy to talk to people and defuse all hostile environments. (Point number one). So why lie to the customer and blame it on the manufacture? Hmm?

I don't flip games I don't trade games I collect them so if I'm buying it from my check there's a difference between hard earn money and easy flip money. So bestbuy got my money. And the rest of the presales.

#71 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:21 AM

Like the HD limited edition, big, hardcover, concept arts, more in depth ... Would of get that if I didn't miss out on it. Hope to get a second chance with this bundle.

well the hd collection LE was 80 dollars so it was essentially a 40 dollar art book. this is 50 dollars for the entire package so it clearly wasn't going to be on the same level.

#72 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

Nope one thing is doing business the right way and the wrong way.
1. If they would of called me and let me know I would be fine.
2. They straight up lied to me, they said konami delayed the shipments on all stores, even told me bestbuy and target didn't have them. Which I know it's a lie because EVERYONE HERE IS BUYING IT.
You probably quit because you can't handle customer service. It's easy to talk to people and defuse all hostile environments. (Point number one). So why lie to the customer and blame it on the manufacture? Hmm?
I don't flip games I don't trade games I collect them so if I'm buying it from my check there's a difference between hard earn money and easy flip money. So bestbuy got my money. And the rest of the presales.

I'm inclined to agree. It's all on GameStop. They should not constantly beg for pre orders if they can not fulfill them or add in some kind of apology discount to late shipments, it's absolute BS and this has happened to me TWICE this year. Before with deadly premonition on ps3. I'm getting sick of it.
Posted Image

#73 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

First of all, there are times where shipment errors were not our fault at all (A few NIS games come to mind). Its not like we sat stuff in back and say "Lets not sell it to piss this guy off"

Secondly, I could handle customer service fine, it just got annoying when the majority of our customers hated us simply for working there, were ranting neckbearded fanboys, or soccer moms getting mad that we did not have a Pokemon game on Playstation. Had one ranting fanboy leave me a negative review simply because I did not engage in his argument (I was wearing a Kingdom Hearts shirt, and he was going on and on about how JRPGs sucked)

I know some stores do genuinely suck, and there are bad employees. But it pisses me off when people instantly say "Gamestop sucks!" just because of one bad store. 9/10 people I worked with were awesome, and most of the stores I shopped with are good as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#74 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:44 AM

First of all, there are times where shipment errors were not our fault at all (A few NIS games come to mind). Its not like we sat stuff in back and say "Lets not sell it to piss this guy off"

Secondly, I could handle customer service fine, it just got annoying when the majority of our customers hated us simply for working there, were ranting neckbearded fanboys, or soccer moms getting mad that we did not have a Pokemon game on Playstation. Had one ranting fanboy leave me a negative review simply because I did not engage in his argument (I was wearing a Kingdom Hearts shirt, and he was going on and on about how JRPGs sucked)

I know some stores do genuinely suck, and there are bad employees. But it pisses me off when people instantly say "Gamestop sucks!" just because of one bad store. 9/10 people I worked with were awesome, and most of the stores I shopped with are good as well.

That all sounds awful, but that also sounds nothing like the situation that got this conversation started. Blockbuster guy over reacted a bit, but at the same time, why give them his business? He is buying brand new games at MSRP. If they can't deliver a nice buying experience for his day one purchases that they are always begging for, he should go somewhere that does. Like I said, Gamestop often calls to let you know when certain titles are in. There is no freaking way any store got that many pre-orders for this. They could have called their pre-order customers, let them know about the delay, and avoided the entire bloody situation. While your experiences sounds truly awful, they really don't have much bearing on this discussion.

#75 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

From my experience, we always did try to call people to let them know, but sometimes we literally wouldnt find out till we opened the shipment boxes. Making it difficult to contact people
Posted ImagePosted Image

#76 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:54 AM

From my experience, we always did try to call people to let them know, but sometimes we literally wouldnt find out till we opened the shipment boxes. Making it difficult to contact people

Would you guys do that hours after opening, or would that be done pretty soon after opening. Plus, the guy lied and said all the other retailers had the same problem. There is no defending that employee and his store in this situation.

#77 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:58 AM

Pretty soon after opening, and like I said there are some pretty bad employees. I worked with one, had to constantly try to have my schedule the opposite of his, because I wouldnt constantly undermine what he told people.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#78 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:01 AM

Welcome to my world. Blockbuster sucks blah blah blah just because 1 store pissed them off all blockbusters suck. But your missing the major point why lie? Why not call as soon as you know UPS or FedEx or dhl or pony express missed delivery ?

#79 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:08 AM

Whatever I was just ranting about the bad service I got. So thanks OP I got Rising for 20. So MGS 1 voucher yes or no? I don't want to open my copy!!!!

#80 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

I will never understand the collector mentality of not opening the items that you buy. You can't check out any of the art, the manual, the inside of the case (use the bloody game / movie). I'm a huge collector (check out my channel), I just don't get this mindset. The only way it makes any sense is from a pure resale value point of view. Sealed things are worth more money. I am never selling my things, though, and I know most collectors feel the same way. That's just something that has always vexed me. I may buy a lot of things I won't use (steelbooks, multiple versions, etc) but I at least have the option of using them to their full extent, and I can enjoy whatever little superficial fun (like thumbing through a manual or looking at disc art) that they have to offer.

/rant? (Seems to be the thing to do in this thread. lol)

#81 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:36 AM

I will never understand the collector mentality of not opening the items that you buy. You can't check out any of the art, the manual, the inside of the case (use the bloody game / movie). I'm a huge collector (check out my channel), I just don't get this mindset. The only way it makes any sense is from a pure resale value point of view. Sealed things are worth more money. I am never selling my things, though, and I know most collectors feel the same way. That's just something that has always vexed me. I may buy a lot of things I won't use (steelbooks, multiple versions, etc) but I at least have the option of using them to their full extent, and I can enjoy whatever little superficial fun (like thumbing through a manual or looking at disc art) that they have to offer.

/rant? (Seems to be the thing to do in this thread. lol)

Haha what I do is buy the first copy then save it and not open it down the road ill buy it used for less or get it at my job and play it. But my collection pays off because I have twin snakes black label sealed MGS 1 pc sealed and worth a little right now, I don't know what it will be worth years from now or when Kojima dies. (Heaven forbid!!) and I'm a huuuuuuggggggggeeeee MGS fan!!!

#82 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:45 AM

Haha what I do is buy the first copy then save it and not open it down the road ill buy it used for less or get it at my job and play it. But my collection pays off because I have twin snakes black label sealed MGS 1 pc sealed and worth a little right now, I don't know what it will be worth years from now or when Kojima dies. (Heaven forbid!!) and I'm a huuuuuuggggggggeeeee MGS fan!!!

So you do plan on reselling at some point, or you just enjoy spending money on things twice? lol

#83 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

Went to pickup my game. Associate lied and said release day was tomorrow. Guess they didnt get their shipment aswell. Since i didnt get the metal gear poster when i preordered, i just canceled my pickup abd just moved my preorder to kingdom hearts bakance went back to my card.

My local bestbuy got 18 copies and my friend said he hasnt sold a single copy today so im guessing this release seems like a bust and picking up a copy with the artbook in the long run wont be hard to get.

#84 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

I personally loathe Gamestop, but cancelling all of your pre-orders over a trip to the store does seem excessive. He may have been misinformed about every not getting their copies in, and I've personally seen stores get shipments mid-day, so they may have had no real way of knowing.

Whatever I was just ranting about the bad service I got. So thanks OP I got Rising for 20. So MGS 1 voucher yes or no? I don't want to open my copy!!!!

Yes, both MGS 1 and VR Missions are vouchers.

I will never understand the collector mentality of not opening the items that you buy.

Different strokes for different folks. Some people keep them sealed for value reasons, sure, and some just like to keep and display their stuff sealed. Some people like buying the stuff just to have it. I talked myself out of buying the newer Gran Torino steelbook release because I already owned the film, and I knew I'd never open it, haha. I don't own many steelbooks, but the couple I have are still sealed (Up and the Lion King come to mind). I'm not going to use them to store my discs, so I personally see no reason to open them

#85 blacktrinary

blacktrinary

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

well the hd collection LE was 80 dollars so it was essentially a 40 dollar art book. this is 50 dollars for the entire package so it clearly wasn't going to be on the same level.

I forgot it was 80 dollars package. I guess I don't feel too bad then :) Still wish they can put the hd LE art book in this bundle ( can't help being a cheapass gamer in me)

#86 Klawd

Klawd

Beware my power!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

Can you find the old hd collection LE art book online anywhere as still? Would love to actually have a decent art book of MGS lol

76561198088586872.png

#87 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

Can you find the old hd collection LE art book online anywhere as still? Would love to actually have a decent art book of MGS lol

Considering the fact that I have four, I think I can let one go. PM with an offer if you're interested.

#88 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

i guess this isn't really limited edition anymore :/

i was really hoping for a nice artbook for MGS

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#89 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

Hoping for a price drop soon. My localbestbuy still has alot of these collecting dust.

#90 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

Jumped on this with hopes that both games will drop(mainly the collection to a reasonable $30) and I can just pm/return/rebuy, I got 2 months .