Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#1 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

d1.png

d2.png

Most likely a promotion for the upcoming crossover "FE x SMT" exclusive to Wii U. According to the official website, this can be redeemed on Nintendo 3DS OR Wii U. Both digital and physical versions of games will work.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Mods' note:

Please immediately stop with the requests for codes, selling of codes and the like.  There's a thread for that elsewhere on CAG, right over here:

http://www.cheapassg...ng-and-selling/

Further posts in here with those buy/sell requests will likely risk banning in some fashion.

#2 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

If it works with already having registered FE:A then that might push me into pre-ordering SMTIV where I wasn't planning on getting it otherwise.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List - H: MK8 Promo Game Choice

#3 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

i bought FEA on the eshop less than 2 months ago. hope it counts towards this as im certainly getting smt4

#4 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

eShop purchases count only?

#5 TheMaximumC

TheMaximumC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

I have the Fire Emblem system, wonder if that would work?

#6 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

I bought Fire Emblem Awakening on release, so I'm really hoping that it still counts towards the promotion, since I'm planning on getting SMTIV anyway (have it preordered).  It would suck pretty bad if it was restricted like the previous deal, where you had to have it registered within a certain time frame.  

#7 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

There's no further details about this and the eShop is under maintenance last I checked. Best to wait until official word from Nintendo.

#8 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

hate to break it to you   but   im pretty sure  

you have to buy both games  as  DOWNLOADS ONLY..

carts will not work.. there is no way to   regester your code on  the E shop    so  pretty sure these are  download only

WOOOO I STINK

#9 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

I bought Fire Emblem Awakening on release, so I'm really hoping that it still counts towards the promotion, since I'm planning on getting SMTIV anyway (have it preordered).  It would suck pretty bad if it was restricted like the previous deal, where you had to have it registered within a certain time frame.  

Yes, but a lot of other deals were retroactive. Kid Icarus cards and Kirby were retro.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#10 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

carts will not work.. there is no way to   regester your code on  the E shop    so  pretty sure these are  download only

Sure you can. You just register your Club Nintendo code. The picture shown on the eShop also hows the physical boxes of the two games, so there's hope. But like I said, best to wait until official details are released.

#11 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

You dont make any sense.....You would register your games via Club Nintendo whether the games be physical or digital.

#12 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

Awesome! Assuming this is for real, I've got SMT IV preordered and the code for FE:A still unused, and I could definitely use that $30 on the eShop. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Plat Run]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/14]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#13 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

As someone said, the store right now is down for maintenance. No one is sure if it's digital only or time allowance. It says Club Nintendo along with retail boxes so that's extra hope that physical will work too. If there's no time allowance for the deal, that will make it even better as some people have already bought FE:A.

#14 jimjom

jimjom

the dude abides

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

oh snap. i need this in my life!

#15 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

Picked up FE on release and I plan on doing the same for SMT4, but I hope this isn't just for the download only copies.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#16 argyle

argyle

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

Doh, is that $30 FE:A deal I saw floating around here last week (I think) still going?  

Posted Image

#17 Gnomes and Pie

Gnomes and Pie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

The last time I checked, SMTIV was listed at $50 on the eShop. I hope that price drops since the digital copy doesn't come with any bonus items.

#18 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

I hope it works with retail copies. I've a 15% off new Gamestop coupon lined up for this release, and it's one of the few times I'll actually buy something new over $20 at this store.

Batsugunner.png

#19 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

I hope this is for any copies using the Nintendo club code because I usually only get physical releases unless I have no choice. Will pay towards the Ace Attourney game that will be released later on. Guess we'll get the details soon enough.

#20 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

Haven't gotten around to registering my FE yet, but hope it's retroactive for peeps that have.

Also really hoping it's retail.  I was gonna hold off on a price drop for SMTIV but 30 off (how I'll think of it) is a hell of a better price drop than we're likely to see for a long while.

For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#21 Chrushev

Chrushev

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

If this applies to retail copies (and I am 99% sure it will) I am ALL OVER this... if this is eShop only... Nintendo can go F themselves :P

470460.png

#22 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Would be great if this is retroactive. Got an eshop copy of FE:A at release and I have a pyshical copy of SMTVI pre-ordered.

#23 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

If this applies to retail copies (and I am 99% sure it will) I am ALL OVER this... if this is eShop only... Nintendo can go F themselves :P

This.

#24 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

Yeah it's nothing like the "make digital games cheaper" thing everyone's always begging for.

Nintendo can never win.

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#25 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

Already have FE like many others. 

Hopefully it'll work. 

#26 unknown0

unknown0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

Hmm I would only get SMT if this works with a retail copy of FE I bought months ago.  I wonder when we will get confirmation of whether this works like that.  I am tempted to pre-order SMT but I don't want it if this promo doesn't work.

#27 Chrushev

Chrushev

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

Yeah it's nothing like the "make digital games cheaper" thing everyone's always begging for.

Nintendo can never win.

Ive yet to see a eShop game be cheaper than retail... retail often has $10 or even $20 off on 3DS games (B1G1 50% off for example)... eShop never has anything as enticing... Retail standard is $40, if eShop standard was $30, i would never buy a physical copy.

470460.png

#28 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

Keeping my eye on this.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in beta! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#29 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

just check and added   FE on may 29.. watch it be june 1 or later LOL

either way im still happy paying full price for both games

WOOOO I STINK

#30 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Hoping it's retroactive too, since I already registered FE.