Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

Autosaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
d1.png

d2.png

Most likely a promotion for the upcoming crossover "FE x SMT" exclusive to Wii U. According to the official website, this can be redeemed on Nintendo 3DS OR Wii U. Both digital and physical versions of games will work.

http://club2.nintendo.com/30/

Mods' note:

Please immediately stop with the requests for codes, selling of codes and the like.  There's a thread for that elsewhere on CAG, right over here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/177121-nintendo-club-game-code-trading-and-selling/

Further posts in here with those buy/sell requests will likely risk banning in some fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it works with already having registered FE:A then that might push me into pre-ordering SMTIV where I wasn't planning on getting it otherwise.

i bought FEA on the eshop less than 2 months ago. hope it counts towards this as im certainly getting smt4

I bought Fire Emblem Awakening on release, so I'm really hoping that it still counts towards the promotion, since I'm planning on getting SMTIV anyway (have it preordered).  It would suck pretty bad if it was restricted like the previous deal, where you had to have it registered within a certain time frame.  

There's no further details about this and the eShop is under maintenance last I checked. Best to wait until official word from Nintendo.

hate to break it to you   but   im pretty sure  

you have to buy both games  as  DOWNLOADS ONLY..

carts will not work.. there is no way to   regester your code on  the E shop    so  pretty sure these are  download only

I bought Fire Emblem Awakening on release, so I'm really hoping that it still counts towards the promotion, since I'm planning on getting SMTIV anyway (have it preordered). It would suck pretty bad if it was restricted like the previous deal, where you had to have it registered within a certain time frame.
Yes, but a lot of other deals were retroactive. Kid Icarus cards and Kirby were retro.

hate to break it to you but im pretty sure

you have to buy both games as DOWNLOADS ONLY..

carts will not work.. there is no way to regester your code on the E shop so pretty sure these are download only
Sure you can. You just register your Club Nintendo code. The picture shown on the eShop also hows the physical boxes of the two games, so there's hope. But like I said, best to wait until official details are released.

carts will not work.. there is no way to regester your code on the E shop so pretty sure these are download only
You dont make any sense.....You would register your games via Club Nintendo whether the games be physical or digital.

Awesome! Assuming this is for real, I've got SMT IV preordered and the code for FE:A still unused, and I could definitely use that $30 on the eShop. :D

As someone said, the store right now is down for maintenance. No one is sure if it's digital only or time allowance. It says Club Nintendo along with retail boxes so that's extra hope that physical will work too. If there's no time allowance for the deal, that will make it even better as some people have already bought FE:A.

The last time I checked, SMTIV was listed at $50 on the eShop. I hope that price drops since the digital copy doesn't come with any bonus items.

I hope it works with retail copies. I've a 15% off new Gamestop coupon lined up for this release, and it's one of the few times I'll actually buy something new over $20 at this store.

I hope this is for any copies using the Nintendo club code because I usually only get physical releases unless I have no choice. Will pay towards the Ace Attourney game that will be released later on. Guess we'll get the details soon enough.

Haven't gotten around to registering my FE yet, but hope it's retroactive for peeps that have.

Also really hoping it's retail.  I was gonna hold off on a price drop for SMTIV but 30 off (how I'll think of it) is a hell of a better price drop than we're likely to see for a long while.

If this applies to retail copies (and I am 99% sure it will) I am ALL OVER this... if this is eShop only... Nintendo can go F themselves :p

Would be great if this is retroactive. Got an eshop copy of FE:A at release and I have a pyshical copy of SMTVI pre-ordered.

If this applies to retail copies (and I am 99% sure it will) I am ALL OVER this... if this is eShop only... Nintendo can go F themselves :p
Yeah it's nothing like the "make digital games cheaper" thing everyone's always begging for.

Nintendo can never win.

Hmm I would only get SMT if this works with a retail copy of FE I bought months ago.  I wonder when we will get confirmation of whether this works like that.  I am tempted to pre-order SMT but I don't want it if this promo doesn't work.

Yeah it's nothing like the "make digital games cheaper" thing everyone's always begging for.

Nintendo can never win.
Ive yet to see a eShop game be cheaper than retail... retail often has $10 or even $20 off on 3DS games (B1G1 50% off for example)... eShop never has anything as enticing... Retail standard is $40, if eShop standard was $30, i would never buy a physical copy.

just check and added   FE on may 29.. watch it be june 1 or later LOL

either way im still happy paying full price for both games

Don't believe slidecage about the download only thing. (or anything really)

Atlus has been telling people to make sure they register SMTIV code from the box because "you really should". Retail is surely included.

well if this ends up working for the boxed ones, and anyone has a smtiv code to trade me, lemme know. I have a spare fire emblem as well. Heres hoping :p

It's a Club Nintendo promotion not an eShop promotion.

Don't believe slidecage about the download only thing. (or anything really)

Atlus has been telling people to make sure they register SMTIV code from the box because "you really should". Retail is surely included
nintendo told me they thought it would be download only when i called...maybe they have no clue

. i cant ever recall of a time they pushed a Cart promo in their e shop (they did not even push the buy a 3ds + xxx game few months back and get XXXX download free in their E SHOP

also many peoples E shops are NOT linked up to their nintendo rewards shop (can you link up two even if you have 2 different emails)

love how people go O they better include everyone who purchase this game not just now.. why the fuck should they .. you got the game 4 months ago you enjoyed the game for 4 months . That is like going back to a store and going I want my 30 bucks back cause the game you sold me 3 months ago is now on sale..

no wait what im i talking about most people here THINK THEY ARE OWED IT

nintendo told me they thought it would be download only when i called...maybe they have no clue

. i cant ever recall of a time they pushed a Cart promo in their e shop (they did not even push the buy a 3ds + xxx game few months back and get XXXX download free in their E SHOP

also many peoples E shops are NOT linked up to their nintendo rewards shop (can you link up two even if you have 2 different emails)

love how people go O they better include everyone who purchase this game not just now.. why the fuck should they .. you got the game 4 months ago you enjoyed the game for 4 months . That is like going back to a store and going I want my 30 bucks back cause the game you sold me 3 months ago is now on sale..
Dude, what the fuck are you even talking about

Well the eshop's back up and it's on there.  Only problem is that it says see game page for details, and then there's no details to be found.  This is just bound to be a mess in execution and reception with how vague this is stated and that they're clearly showing the physical game boxes in this graphic.

What are you talking about?

Luigi promo was both for eShop and retail copy to get a free game... and it was advertised in eShop...

I'm gonna wait for Nintendo or Atlus (considering they have a "very cool announcement" happening soon) to make an official statement on this. I already have SMT4 pre-ordered, & if retail copies count, I will totally use my $25 in GS credit to get FE:A as well. Been meaning to pick that game up & this is a great deal. I'll be set on getting VC games for quite some time.

Just added the Fire Emblem code on July 2nd (for the new Club Nintendo year), have SMTIV preordered already from Newegg, so assuming this works on physical copies, and counts already registered games (even if it's after July 1st), I'll be a lock for the $30 credit. :)

Wasn't planning on picking up smt day one, but if this is true...looks like I will have to. Now what to buy digitally with 30 dollars credit...DECISIONS DECISIONS.

Already have a bunch of the big titles for my 3ds...mario kart, animal crossing, mario 3dland ete etc.

Maybe its time for pushmo!

During the unboxing the guy also made a special point to show the CN code that games with the physical release and to say that we should all register on CN.  That is highly unusual for two reasons:

1. Previous Atlus games have not come with CN codes

2. It's never been a huge deal about registering on CN unless it was part of a promo.

I really don't care one way or another, but there is enough evidence there for me to say it's definitely possible it will be for physical.  

bread's done
Back