Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#511 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

Just use the two codes on separate account. You won't be able to use the coins you earn from them on your main account, but the $30.00 credit comes as a code you can use on any account you want, I think.

HUGE FYI for those doing or thinking of doing this. My club nintendo accounts were banned and the credit I received from the code removed as well as any purchases made with the credit being deleted.

#512 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

HUGE FYI for those doing or thinking of doing this. My club nintendo accounts were banned and the credit I received from the code removed as well as any purchases made with the credit being deleted.

..How did you get banned?

Edit: oh, you made two accounts to exploit the deal? Great going, you better call them and apologize.

#513 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

wow Nintendo doesn't Fuck around do they?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#514 Makarov

Makarov

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

Are you guys all saving the credit for pokemon or using it for mario&luigi?  Anything else worth dropping it on?

#515 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

wow Nintendo doesn't Fuck around do they?

Its been pretty well noted that Nintendo has cracked down on the multiple accounts/"abuse".  I only dare put my daughter in my family account as I don't want to get banned even if it's legit.

#516 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

I'm kind of confused, I created my own Nintendo Account to get the coins and the code from the promotion, but I'm planning to give the $30 code to my sister to use because I don't have a 3DS yet, and I don't really like digital games.

That should be fine right?

Posted Image

#517 lovepig78

lovepig78

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

I'm kind of confused, I created my own Nintendo Account to get the coins and the code from the promotion, but I'm planning to give the $30 code to my sister to use because I don't have a 3DS yet, and I don't really like digital games.

yea the code can be redeemed on any 3DS or WiiU console

#518 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

The problem is people making duplicate accounts (not child accounts) to exploit the deal.

#519 OldSchoolGaming4Life

OldSchoolGaming4Life

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

O_o

3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996
NNID: OldSchoolGaming
PSN: C90sRetroGaming
Youtube: http://www.youtube.c...hoolGaming4Life

GameFaq's: 90sRetroGaming
Feel free to add me! PM or comment on my page to add! :)

#520 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:23 AM

The problem is people making duplicate accounts (not child accounts) to exploit the deal.

I wonder how they figured it out. Did he redeem both codes on the same EShop account?!

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#521 io

io

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

Its been pretty well noted that Nintendo has cracked down on the multiple accounts/"abuse".  I only dare put my daughter in my family account as I don't want to get banned even if it's legit.

Last year before all the points values dropped I made a regular account for my daughter which ought to be legit (she's 16 now).  But I had forgotten that I has used her email for one of the child sub-accounts I had set up a few years back (that I didn't even use).  They banned both that account and my main 7-8 year old account that went all the way back to Gamecube and GBA registrations.  I got them to remove the ban on the older account and they even reinstated my platinum prize (this was about a year ago after the time to pick prizes had passed but before they shipped).  I was happy enough to get that back that I didn't bother with my daughter's account although afterwards I thought maybe I should have pushed for that a bit.  I lost 600-700 coins from it.

So they had matched the emails used in both accounts and banned them that way.  I'm not sure how they would crack down on the SMT/FE coupon thing if you used different names/emails though.  I mean if you use another real person for the second account there is nothing wrong with that.  I didn't see anything about "1 per household" in the fine print.  Club Nintendo accounts are not even 1 per household - my wife also has one and they left that one alone last year when they banned the other 2.

#522 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:12 AM

I wonder how they figured it out. Did he redeem both codes on the same EShop account?!

I have my account, and my brother has another. They are on a family account. We used the codes on our own 3DS units, not the same Eshop. Our 3ds are linked to our own specific club nintendo account. I had used mine when the deal first came out. He used his a couple days ago and bam banned. The credit he had on his system was gone, and the games I used to purchase with mine were deleted.

#523 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:15 AM

I have my account, and my brother has another. They are on a family account. We used the codes on our own 3DS units, not the same Eshop. Our 3ds are linked to our own specific club nintendo account. I had used mine when the deal first came out. He used his a couple days ago and bam banned. The credit he had on his system was gone, and the games I used to purchase with mine were deleted.

That doesn't sound like grounds for banning.

Ees7Y.jpg

#524 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:23 AM

That doesn't sound like grounds for banning.

I tried calling the number they gave but they didn't give a reason. The person on the phone said a TOS violation, but don't know the details. The address listed on my and my brother's club nintendo accounts is the same. The emails and other information outside of our last names is different. We would get our plat prizes without a problem, and anything redeemed with coins with no issue either. This though was a no no, so I don't know if its because of the family account or not. Sucks because I have about 1300 coins still on my end, while he has 600 or so on his.  

#525 Bent 00

Bent 00

Show me ya moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

I've qualified for one $30.00 credit on my account, the Family admin account.

Via a child account, could I qualify for a second $30.00 credit?

I think someone said yes earlier in this topic, but multiple confirmations would be nice.

#526 SOLDIER

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

Just wanted to let you all know that I just got my $10 rebate promotion.

So I can confirm to you that yes, the $30 credit from the FE/SMT promotion DOES count toward the $5-$10 rebate promotion.

Free Earthbound, here I come!

#527 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

So I can confirm to you that yes, the $30 credit from the FE/SMT promotion DOES count toward the $5-$10 rebate promotion.

awesome! thanks for the heads up. now to wait for $5

#528 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

I can't add my code from this promo to my 3ds account.

I go to "add card" it tells me its not a valid number.

I go to the directions on the email about going under "other settings" and it tells me its a card and i need to add it under point cards.

WTF!!!!!!!!

#529 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

The $30 promo code worked perfectly fine with my $20 card to qualify for the free $5. Looks like I might be picking up Pikmin 3 digitally.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#530 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

Just got my SMTIV from BB shipped. Beat to hell and the case for the game is smashed in/broken, but everything is there so I guess there's that.

#531 io

io

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

Yeah, I got the $5 code this afternoon for putting the $30 code and a $20 eShop card onto my Wii U account.  That was a nice bonus since I wasn't expecting it after the Nintendo rep told me it wouldn't qualify (though I had a feeling he was just guessing - obviously he didn't know that for sure).

rawrker - I would call them back and ask for a supervisor.  You said they took away eShop credit and games from you?  If that is the case, I'd demand an explanation.  It sounds like everything was OK on your end with regards to the two accounts so I would want to be sure it wasn't for some other reason (that might have been a mistake on their end).

#532 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

So it sounds like selling my $30 ePoints for $25 amazon would get me and someone banned? Or is it just for people that redeem it twice?

#533 io

io

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

So it sounds like selling my $30 ePoints for $25 amazon would get me and someone banned? Or is it just for people that redeem it twice?

Yeah, I'd be interested in that trade to get a little extra credit on my 3DS system.  I was planning on buying an eShop card at Gamestop but I could just as easily buy an Amazon card and trade with you.  But, since I already redeemed a $30 code on my Wii U I'd be hesitant to do a second one on my 3DS after what rawrker reported.  It shouldn't be that way, but there you go...

#534 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:56 AM

Yep, I also got a nice $5 Wii U eShop code for using the $30 code and $20 from my credit card :)

#535 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:08 AM

Question:

If I buy multiple $30 eShop codes from people, without redeeming a Fire Emblem Awakening and SMT IV codes on Club Nintendo, could that lean to a ban?

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: The Wonderful 101
:3ds: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#536 Bandersnatch84

Bandersnatch84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

I have no idea what to spend my $30 credit on.

#537 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

When does the $5 and $10 rebate end?

#538 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

When does the $5 and $10 rebate end?

It ended July 28th. If you qualified you recieved your promo credit in your e-mail today.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#539 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

I have no idea what to spend my $30 credit on.

Well as long as you redeem the code into your Wii U or 3DS eShop balance, the money won't expire, so no need to spend it asap.  I'm just letting my $30 on Wii U sit there for a while, using it for VC titles I've already gotten on Wii before and other titles later.

#540 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Anyone know at what point SMT IV without the extra goodies will be available?