Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Nintendo 3DS/Wii U - Register SMTIV & Fire Emblem: Awakening - Get $30 eShop [UPDATE: FULL DETAILS IN OP]

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#31 dallow

dallow

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

Don't believe slidecage about the download only thing. (or anything really)

Atlus has been telling people to make sure they register SMTIV code from the box because "you really should". Retail is surely included.

"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#32 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

well if this ends up working for the boxed ones, and anyone has a smtiv code to trade me, lemme know. I have a spare fire emblem as well. Heres hoping :P

Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#33 Guilty

Guilty

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

hate to break it to you   but   im pretty sure  

you have to buy both games  as  DOWNLOADS ONLY..

carts will not work.. there is no way to   regester your code on  the E shop    so  pretty sure these are  download only

It's a Club Nintendo promotion not an eShop promotion. 

#34 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

It's a Club Nintendo promotion not an eShop promotion. 

Exactly, the only way eShop is involved, is that they are giving away credit.

Firepowerr.png

#35 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

Retail will always be better than digital.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#36 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

If its retroactive ill love Nintendo. Otherwise its fail compared to other regions deals
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

Don't believe slidecage about the download only thing. (or anything really)

Atlus has been telling people to make sure they register SMTIV code from the box because "you really should". Retail is surely included

nintendo told me they thought it would be   download only when i called...maybe they have no clue  

.    i cant ever recall  of a time they pushed a    Cart promo in their  e shop   (they did not even push the   buy a  3ds  +  xxx game   few months back and get   XXXX download  free in their  E SHOP

also many peoples  E shops  are NOT linked up to their  nintendo  rewards shop     (can you  link up  two  even if you have  2 different emails)  

love how people go   O they better include   everyone who  purchase this game      not just now..  why the Fuck should they ..  you got the game 4 months ago you enjoyed the game for 4 months .  That is like going back to  a store and going  I want my 30 bucks back cause the game you sold me  3 months ago  is now on  sale..

no wait what im i talking about most people here  THINK THEY ARE OWED IT 

WOOOO I STINK

#38 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

Yeah it's nothing like the "make digital games cheaper" thing everyone's always begging for.

Nintendo can never win.

So what you think is that the 30 dollars will come off both titles when bought together?

No, that's not how it works at all

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#39 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

nintendo told me they thought it would be download only when i called...maybe they have no clue

. i cant ever recall of a time they pushed a Cart promo in their e shop (they did not even push the buy a 3ds + xxx game few months back and get XXXX download free in their E SHOP

also many peoples E shops are NOT linked up to their nintendo rewards shop (can you link up two even if you have 2 different emails)

love how people go O they better include everyone who purchase this game not just now.. why the Fuck should they .. you got the game 4 months ago you enjoyed the game for 4 months . That is like going back to a store and going I want my 30 bucks back cause the game you sold me 3 months ago is now on sale..
no wait what im i talking about most people here THINK THEY ARE OWED IT

Dude, what the Fuck are you even talking about
Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

Well the eshop's back up and it's on there.  Only problem is that it says see game page for details, and then there's no details to be found.  This is just bound to be a mess in execution and reception with how vague this is stated and that they're clearly showing the physical game boxes in this graphic.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#41 Chrushev

Chrushev

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

nintendo told me they thought it would be   download only when i called...maybe they have no clue  

.    i cant ever recall  of a time they pushed a    Cart promo in their  e shop   (they did not even push the   buy a  3ds  +  xxx game   few months back and get   XXXX download  free in their  E SHOP

also many peoples  E shops  are NOT linked up to their  nintendo  rewards shop     (can you  link up  two  even if you have  2 different emails)  

love how people go   O they better include   everyone who  purchase this game      not just now..  why the Fuck should they ..  you got the game 4 months ago you enjoyed the game for 4 months .  That is like going back to  a store and going  I want my 30 bucks back cause the game you sold me  3 months ago  is now on  sale..

no wait what im i talking about most people here  THINK THEY ARE OWED IT 

What are you talking about?

Luigi promo was both for eShop and retail copy to get a free game... and it was advertised in eShop... 

470460.png

#42 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

What are you talking about?

Luigi promo was both for eShop and retail copy to get a free game... and it was advertised in eShop... 

Yep, I definitely saw it on there.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#43 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

I'm gonna wait for Nintendo or Atlus (considering they have a "very cool announcement" happening soon) to make an official statement on this. I already have SMT4 pre-ordered, & if retail copies count, I will totally use my $25 in GS credit to get FE:A as well. Been meaning to pick that game up & this is a great deal. I'll be set on getting VC games for quite some time.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 silkysmooth

silkysmooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

Well the promo thing on the eShop shows the retail boxes so you never know.

#45 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

Just added the Fire Emblem code on July 2nd (for the new Club Nintendo year), have SMTIV preordered already from Newegg, so assuming this works on physical copies, and counts already registered games (even if it's after July 1st), I'll be a lock for the $30 credit. :)

#46 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

Wasn't planning on picking up smt day one, but if this is true...looks like I will have to. Now what to buy digitally with 30 dollars credit...DECISIONS DECISIONS.

Already have a bunch of the big titles for my 3ds...mario kart, animal crossing, mario 3dland ete etc.

Maybe its time for pushmo!

PC master race.

#47 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

Well the promo thing on the eShop shows the retail boxes so you never know.

didnt they show the retail  boxes   with the   Nintendo 3ds +  one of these other games and get   one of 5 games free   

looks like  STOCK PHOTOS to me 

WOOOO I STINK

#48 silkysmooth

silkysmooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

During the unboxing the guy also made a special point to show the CN code that games with the physical release and to say that we should all register on CN.  That is highly unusual for two reasons:

1. Previous Atlus games have not come with CN codes

2. It's never been a huge deal about registering on CN unless it was part of a promo.

I really don't care one way or another, but there is enough evidence there for me to say it's definitely possible it will be for physical.  

#49 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

just check and added   FE on may 29.. watch it be june 1 or later LOL

either way im still happy paying full price for both games

mine was 6/5 so i think ill be all set

#50 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

also i have no clue why people think this will be digital only. it will work with either type of copy. why else would atlus HIGHLY recommend registering it and going out of their way to point it out in the unboxing?

#51 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

Luckily I never registered my FE, holding off on doing so until the promotion is officially announced

#52 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:18 AM

Can we choose to get the 30 dollars credit on the Wii U shop instead of the 3DS?

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#53 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:21 AM

Ive yet to see a eShop game be cheaper than retail... retail often has $10 or even $20 off on 3DS games (B1G1 50% off for example)... eShop never has anything as enticing... Retail standard is $40, if eShop standard was $30, i would never buy a physical copy.

Tetris Axis is $10 on EShop & Project X Zone is $34.99, $5 cheaper than retail.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#54 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

Can we choose to get the 30 dollars credit on the Wii U shop instead of the 3DS?

I highly doubt it. That would be really cool though.

Firepowerr.png

#55 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

Like many others, I hope FE is retroactive. I've had my physical copy of SMTIV pre-ordered for a looooong time. I'd totally use that 30 bucks to maybe get Donkey Kong.

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6213-9792

Animal Crossing Trade List (will update frequently)

#56 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

This is why I'm glad I have friends who don't ever use Club Nintendo codes!

I'll have to buy a copy of Fire Emblem (which I was planning to do anyways, this is only pushing me), but it'll be well worth it, essentially a B1G1.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#57 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

This is an awesome deal if it's true, but of course I got FE used and it didn't come with a CN code ><.

CrimsonStorm3.png

#58 Mdesilva

Mdesilva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

I would use this credit to essentially get Dream Team for $10 :D

#59 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

I dunno what I would use this $30 credit for... Already have most big name titles for the 3DS and prefer physical titles... Maybe I will use it on virtual console stuff.

xivpads.png

#60 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

I dunno what I would use this $30 credit for... Already have most big name titles for the 3DS and prefer physical titles... Maybe I will use it on virtual console stuff.

Ace Attorney 5