Photo
* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
25878 replies to this topic

#4501 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Pixel junk package too expensive for what it is. I understand that these are ports of the console games from 2-3+ years ago right?

Ill wait for a better package deal in the future....

PC master race.

#4502 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

Why are there keys for something that is free in the Steam store already?  o.o

Not knowing how long it will be free, I've stocked up on extras in case any cags miss out.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#4503 provdog2611

provdog2611

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hey Tony,

I know it's a longshot... Any chance Amazon will price match GGG's FC3:BD, Gunslinger, I Am Alive bundle?

http://getgamesgo.co...nger-i-am-alive

#4504 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Hey Tony,

I know it's a longshot... Any chance Amazon will price match GGG's FC3:BD, Gunslinger, I Am Alive bundle?

http://getgamesgo.co...nger-i-am-alive

Amazon doesn't price match international sites.  And are you sure you want to deal with Tages anyway?

Kaneda! What do you see?

#4505 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

FYI for those wondering about Payday 2, I think we're matching that shortly but we'll have it for significantly less around Thanksgiving ($9.79 single, $29.99 4 pack.

Cheers,

Tony

Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#4506 xav1as

xav1as

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

Will you also be price matching PAYDAY™ The Heist also? http://store.steampo....com/app/24240/

76561198079315546.png

#4507 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

FYI for those wondering about Payday 2, I think we're matching that shortly but we'll have it for significantly less around Thanksgiving ($9.79 single, $29.99 4 pack.

Cheers,

Tony

damn u tony  7.49 my price for 4 pack okay im in 4pack then so u all know cant wait u magic machine!! damn eearlier than thought

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#4508 provdog2611

provdog2611

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

Amazon doesn't price match international sites.  And are you sure you want to deal with Tages anyway?

Yeah.  I knew it was a longshot.  Regarding the infamous TAGES... Isn't the Amazon version of the game DRM-free?

#4509 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Yeah.  I knew it was a longshot.  Regarding the infamous TAGES... Isn't the Amazon version of the game DRM-free?

As far as I'm aware, the digital version is only available in Steam and Tages DRM structures.  The physical copies were/are available as DRM Free, however.

Kaneda! What do you see?

#4510 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

That's part of the appeal of DS isn't it?  So hard you'll die.  So hard you'll have to figure out a way to even play it once GFWL shuts down.

I guess you could say he should prepare [for GFWL] to die  8-)

Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#4511 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

I guess you could say he should prepare [for GFWL] to die  8-)

oryid.gif

Kaneda! What do you see?

#4512 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

oryid.gif

I guess I should leave the DRM jokes to MysterD.

#4513 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

I guess I should leave the DRM jokes to MysterD.

No, you're cool cause MysterD ain't jokin'.

Kaneda! What do you see?

#4514 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Commence Fall key cleanout >>>

So I've got some keys to get rid of, but wanted to do things a bit differently, so PM me the answer to this riddle along with the game you'd like from the following:

King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Valhalla Edition

Call of Juarez

Legends of Dawn

Project Night (Desura)

Criteria: must have at least 50 posts/likes.

Here goes:

Mice are famous for their ability to multiply at breakneck speeds. The type of mouse we have here gives birth once a month, birthing 12 babies each time. Baby mice mature and can give birth two months after they are born.

You picked up one of these darling baby mice at the pet shop and brought it home the day after it was born. In 10 months from now, how many mice will you have?

Monkeys use google to solve their problems; don't be a monkey!

#4515 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Don't want any of the games but I know the answer... it's sneaky!

#4516 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

No riddles. Just a free copy of one of my all-time favorite games, Psychonauts.

https://www.humblebu...AnT6SnmY7z2YVhD

#4517 osso1

osso1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

No riddles. Just a free copy of one of my all-time favorite games, Psychonauts.

https://www.humblebu...AnT6SnmY7z2YVhD

Got my first Drop

Thanks LN300

#4518 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

I don't want any games either and I feel like being a spoilsport: none, cause the cat ate it, and you only had one to begin with!

#4519 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

Hey Tony.  Any chance of just Blood Dragon for around $5 or so?  That's one I would snag a uPlay code for as my Steam copy is a buggy PoS which crashes immediately after launching it.  There's a fair number of us on the Steam forums for both this and FC3 with the same issue, but have no issues playing the direct uPlay copy.  Fair warning to anyone looking at this. 

And people wonder why I don't like multiple DRM's on Steam-versions...

EDIT:

I'd also guess UbiSoft Q/A Dept. would probably do a better job & more thorough job of play-testing & bug-testing their very own UPlay-version as opposed to the Steam-version. 

We've seen Non-Steam versions of games have less issues than Steam-versions before - especially since who knows if they took into account any of the other things Steam does - it could be actual RAM-hogging; Steam overlay; Friends List; and/or other things that are getting in the way of UPlay itself!

Have you tried disabling and of them Steam-features when playing FC3 and/or FC3:BD via Steam? 

To get Vampire: Bloodlines Steam-version working properly, one of the things you had to do was disable a lot of the Steam-community features.

I do wonder if that would help here - I truly don't know, as I don't even own FC3/FC3:BD at all anywhere even.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#4520 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

EDIT:

I'd also guess UbiSoft Q/A Dept. would probably do a better job & more thorough job of play-testing & bug-testing their very own UPlay-version as opposed to the Steam-version. 

We've seen Non-Steam versions of games have less issues than Steam-versions before - especially since who knows if they took into account any of the other things Steam does - it could be RAM-hogging; and/or doing other things, getting in the way of UPlay itself.

Have you tried disabling and of them Steam-features when playing FC3 and/or FC3:BD via Steam? 

To get Vampire: Bloodlines Steam-version working properly, one of the things you had to do was disable a lot of the Steam-community features.

mysterd the drm fanatic!!!!

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

#4521 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

mysterd the drm fanatic!!!!

Yep - b/c DRM has a history of burning legit gamers like us that drop money on products. Yet, in many instances - the pirated-version has no DRM and works perfect. It's bloody pathetic and ridiculous - and a very good way to kill the used-games market (especially w/ binding keys to accounts; and install limits bullcrap).

Look at StarForce, Tages, SecuRom, and other garbage styles/types of DRM - and you'll see many times, it's the DRM getting in the actual way of the game working at all or even properly, for whatever the stupidest reason is.  

Some DRM like StarForce (disc-version DRM) - that was known to shatter discs literally; ruins actual disc-drives; cause OS instabilities; and other nonsense - b/c that DRM was so uptight and b/c of the way it tried to manipulate everything w/ its garbage OS-specific drivers it installed.

It's freaking ridiculous.

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#4522 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

The truth is DRM sucks in any form, including (and sometimes especially) Steam DRM.

Y'all may be used to it, or you're putting up with it, but it's NOT A GOOD THING™.

#4523 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

EDIT:

We've seen Non-Steam versions of games have less issues than Steam-versions before - especially since who knows if they took into account any of the other things Steam does - it could be actual RAM-hogging; Steam overlay; Friends List; and/or other things that are getting in the way of UPlay itself!

I do wonder if that would help here - I truly don't know, as I don't even own FC3/FC3:BD at all anywhere even.

Or if they think steam is causing the problem just launch it out of uplay....since it activates over there and once it's in uplay steam isn't required

I don't own farcry 3 so I don't know if you can do that....but I'm pretty sure you can.....since I can do that with my other steam games that require uplay

#4524 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

Yep - b/c DRM has a history of burning legit gamers like us that drop money on products. Yet, in many instances - the pirated-version has no DRM and works perfect. It's bloody pathetic and ridiculous - and a very good way to kill the used-games market (especially w/ binding keys to accounts; and install limits bullcrap).

Look at StarForce, Tages, SecuRom, and other garbage styles/types of DRM - and you'll see many times, it's the DRM getting in the actual way of the game working at all or even properly, for whatever the stupidest reason is.  

Some DRM like StarForce (disc-version DRM) - that was known to shatter discs literally; ruins actual disc-drives; cause OS instabilities; and other nonsense - b/c that DRM was so uptight and b/c of the way it tried to manipulate everything w/ its garbage OS-specific drivers it installed.

It's freaking ridiculous.

now they should know why people pirate bcc of drm shit crap cough taggs cough gwfl cough  secrom cough mysterd drm one the worst jk and steam move some of the people to buying the games cough me from want console to pc and actually buying games instead of the dark way  cough few other person

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

#4525 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

Or if they think steam is causing the problem just launch it out of uplay....since it activates over there and once it's in uplay steam isn't required

I don't own farcry 3 so I don't know if you can do that....but I'm pretty sure you can.....since I can do that with my other steam games that require uplay

I actually have 2 versions of POP: TFS - Uplay only and Steam-version. I wish they were labeled. :P Would make it easier if it said (Steam) just for the Steam one.

It's been a while and all and I don't know if they changed thing - but IIRC, POP: TFS Steam-version - once you do the download via Steam and you activate that in UPlay and run that from UPlay, it will STILL force a Steam-boot up!

I have a Non-Steam version of POP:TFS from that GameStar promo.

EDIT:

Is there a work-around of some kind w/ Steam-version to not force Steam to boot?

Or did they change things?

What games are you directly speaking of?

I'd love to give this a whirl/test, if I have any UPlay games that do this! I have pretty good DL speeds over here IMHO normally ( around 5-7mb per sec).

#4526 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

This is exactly how I launch my Steam purchased Far Cry 3 - straight from Uplay.
76561198025510545.png

#4527 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

This is exactly how I launch my Steam purchased Far Cry 3 - straight from Uplay.

Does doing that force a boot-up of Steam?

#4528 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

The truth is DRM sucks in any form, including (and sometimes especially) Steam DRM.

Y'all may be used to it, or you're putting up with it, but it's NOT A GOOD THING™.

Heretic.  And shame on you all who liked the post.  Long live GabeN!

#4529 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

Heretic.  And shame on you all who liked the post.  Long live GabeN!

Fuck Gabe

MARS

#4530 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

Just for future reference, it would help if you quoted that you had asked for a game, so others don't ask for the same one.

Also