Photo
* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
25877 replies to this topic

#901 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Tony,

Can the Steam version of Rogue Legacy be price-matched, too, please? Currently just the DRM-free version is. :-(

Please?

Posted Image

#902 Dreamweaver7

Dreamweaver7

Valar Morghulis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

I think Amazon's archaic system is working against Tony in the price match war vs Steam.

#903 tmwfte

tmwfte

Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

I think Amazon's archaic system is working against Tony in the price match war vs Steam.

I'm wondering if the poor hamsters died when Tony was on vacation.

#904 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

I'm wondering if the poor hamsters died when Tony was on vacation.

Of course not.  In fact, they lived high on the hog.  They grew fat and unruly.  They glanced at those wheels, waved their tiny paws at them dismissively, and then continued to gorge on whatever it is hamsters gorge on.  They squeaked derisively anytime someone would say, "Hamsters!  To the wheels!  There are deals!" and offered the middle finger salute at all those who would try to force them onto the wheels.

They've gained so much weight that not even Tony, defender of gaming dealdom, can do much with them.  He has them on a special liquid diet, but they are old and disagreeable now.  And so very fat.

When he forced one onto the wheel, the hamster waddled so badly the  wheel broke off and the poor fat hamster careened off with the wheel, breaking through its cage and rolling to an unfortunate fate down a flight of stairs.

Mortimer, you will be remembered.  He singlehandedly powered the Duke Nukem Forever for $1 and The Witcher 2 for $16 deals way back in the day.  RIP.  We'll remember the spry hamster who was and not the fat, lazy, cantankerous hamster who came later.

Naturally, the other hamsters are a little reluctant to get on their wheels given what happened to Mortimer.

#905 Neotribal

Neotribal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

Tony,

Can the Steam version of Rogue Legacy be price-matched, too, please? Currently just the DRM-free version is. :-(

tobby pls

#906 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:11 AM

tobby pls

pls tobi

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#907 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:18 AM

Toby = Tobias

Tony = Anthony

>.> nothing alike

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#908 Neotribal

Neotribal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

Toby = Tobias

Tony = Anthony

>.> nothing alike

acually is tobby

#909 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:01 AM

Toby = Tobias

Tony = Anthony

>.> nothing alike

Orange_-_Season_One_photoshoot_(4).jpeg

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#910 TreadLife

TreadLife

End of line.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:08 AM

So, the only thing I've bought off Amazon in at least two weeks is the Ticket to Ride USA DLC.  My GC balance is getting dusty...

Posted Image

#911 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

Consider me another person F5ing the Rogue Legacy listing hoping the Steam version is PM'd.  If it isn't, I don't know if I'll be buying from the developer or just waiting for the winter sale.  It really does decide whether Amazon gets my purchase today.

#912 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

So whats the outcome of the Steam sale this time around vs Amazon?

Posted Image

#913 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:09 AM

Orange_-_Season_One_photoshoot_(4).jpeg

I'm an analyst and therapist, analrapist

#914 Cloudius

Cloudius

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

Still waiting for the PM for Rogue Legacy Steam version. Hopefully it will happen within the next few hours :|

#915 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

Steam win! I bought a lot more from Steam this time around than I did from Amazon or GMG**.

I didn't buy anything from Amazon.

There were a few which I would have, but Amazon didn't come to the price-match party on most of them.

As for the other two: I hesitated on Scribblenauts, and the price match stopped after the first day - so I just bought it on Steam; and I decided to pass on Dark Souls until it hits $5 (or, at the least, $7.50 with 20% off coupon, if that happens at a time that I feel like playing that type of game straight away.)

**GMG did have the better discounts on the stuff that I did buy, but that was only a couple of games. I would have bought a couple more games, but I missed them first time around - site was down for one, sleeping for the other - but they nerfed the discount on the recap day.

Selling Steam key: Race The Sun $1.20 (Cards) & Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine $0.80 (Cards) (Or both for $1.80.)

#916 Evil Betty

Evil Betty

A tiny net is a death sentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

Steam owned Amazon this time.  It's like the mirror opposite of what happened at Christmas 2012 (for me at least).  I got about a dozen games from Steam and nothing but 1 Ticket to Ride DLC and Triple Town (which I only bought because I knew I could recoup 100% of the cost via Steam Cards, which I did) from Amazon.  The past couple of years I've been of the mindset that Amazon >>>>> Steam but they really dropped the ball this time.  Same ol' deals on the same ol' games.  The 15% Gooncave thing was nice but I couldn't find any good sales on games that I wanted that I didn't already own so I never used it.

Amazon ended up getting their share of my money anyhow, I just ended up spending my giftcard money on mp3 downloads instead of pcdd downloads.  I have faith that Amazon will do better next time around.  Not sure what happened this sale but it was certainly lackluster compared to previous sales.  Then again, maybe that's just me starting to run out of worthwhile stuff to buy from them.  I'm not hating, I'm just saying.  PCDD summer sale was extremely 'meh' this time around.  I think maybe a little too much time was devoted to the new indie store and the summer sale ended up kinda sucking as a result.  I'd still rather buy from Amazon then any other retailer, but the deals have to be there or it's no dice. 

#917 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

I didn't know this was supposed to be one of Amazon's big time sales.  I thought ~Thanksgiving through January and Mayhem was their thing. 

#918 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:51 AM

trying my luck again

I really hope to see this back

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B00DBGNTLC

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#919 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

I didn't know this was supposed to be one of Amazon's big time sales.  I thought ~Thanksgiving through January and Mayhem was their thing. 

Exactly. Besides, us vets know that when Amazon doesn't price match it's because they plan to have a better sale in a few weeks. I was actually getting excited seeing Amazon wasn't trying to price match everything. They've been doing big sales during the months that Steam doesn't. 

Tony obviously has some cards up his sleeves.

Also, to everyone wanting Amazon to pm Rogue Legacy, the devs site has it at the Steam price and it comes with a DRM-free copy plus Steam key. Just buy it there using one of three payment options. 

fs_overall.png

#920 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

Also, to everyone wanting Amazon to pm Rogue Legacy, the devs site has it at the Steam price and it comes with a DRM-free copy plus Steam key. Just buy it there using one of three payment options. 

gooncave

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#921 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:27 AM

Tony obviously has some cards up his sleeves.

CAARDZ?!?

(yeah, I much prefer it when Tony is trying to line up deads rather that merely pricematching steam.)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#922 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

gooncave

Yeah, I'd rather pay ~$10 for it.

#923 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

Just chiming in to say that I agree with what appears to be the general consensus that while Amazon crushed Steam back in December 2012, (and has had a few good sales since then), Steam definitely won the lion's share of my PCDD budget this time around. Didn't even end up using gooncave. That said, I'm 100% confident in Tony's/Amazon's triumphant return in the next few months.

#924 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:14 AM

Just chiming in to say that I agree with what appears to be the general consensus that while Amazon crushed Steam back in December 2012, (and has had a few good sales since then), Steam definitely won the lion's share of my PCDD budget this time around. Didn't even end up using gooncave. That said, I'm 100% confident in Tony's/Amazon's triumphant return in the next few months.

Everything was worse than the Christmas sale, imo. GG and Amazon definitely, Steam by a little bit (Dead Rising pack, that Dawn of War pack haven't been rivaled this time around), and GMG by a bit.

Selling Steam key: Race The Sun $1.20 (Cards) & Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine $0.80 (Cards) (Or both for $1.80.)

#925 lomaxgnome

lomaxgnome

It's a Library of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

Steam card money changed the dynamic of the sale for a lot of us. One 15% off coupon is potentially nice on a price match, but I essentially got $50+ free from Steam over the last couple of months in my wallet, and while I could have converted that to paypal with some effort, it was just a lot easier to buy directly from Steam. Amazon purchases for me have always been about bundles anyway, and it was pretty clear they weren't making any attempt beyond the coupon to compete with the summer sale.

#926 cutter2

cutter2

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

Amazon sucked as it did not price match anything I wanted:  not one damn thing.  Then again Amazon has never price matched any downloadable game I requested here or using the "tell us about a lower price" button. 

#927 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

I spent nothing at Amazon this sale and $15 at Steam on Borderlands 2 4-pack, Torchlight 2, and System Shock 2. Christmas 2012 it was wildly reversed. This isn't a victory for Steam as much as they had a few cheapy things that didn't cost much to add to the backlog. Having a years-long backlog changes the calculus since there's nothing you NEED; just things you WANT but can wait for a low price. Bioshock Infinite hits $20, I'm there; until then, whatever.

I was looking at my Steam screenshot gallery and I have a shot of getting an achievement in Fallout 3 that's two years old and the caption is that I hadn't played in 27 months. I still haven't finished FO3 and I bought that the day it came out, whenever the hell that was! I've got FNV waiting, too. And so on and so on...

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#928 dcgrimes

dcgrimes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

Any chance the 5-Game Arcade/Indie Pack drops below $10 like earlier this year?

#929 r333k0

r333k0

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

It appears Amazon and Steam are taking turns dominating the big sales.

During Christmas sale 2012, I almost exclusively bought from amazon, but during this sale, I only bought from Steam.

Sorry Tony, maybe next sale you will win me back :D

#930 stonecold259

stonecold259

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

The Steam's daily deals have been pretty good. But their bargain bin/obscure games aren't as good as last year's.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: knack, 250GB Xbox 360, amazon, pc, 250gb xbox 360