Photo
* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
25878 replies to this topic

#931 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

The Steam's daily deals have been pretty good. But their bargain bin/obscure games aren't as good as last year's.

For me, Summer has always been about the events and such they have you do beyond the sale itself.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#932 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

CAARDZ?!?

(yeah, I much prefer it when Tony is trying to line up deads rather that merely pricematching steam.)

Whoa - Amazon DVG is going to do CAARDZ, too?

{jaw drops}

;)

EDIT:

I wonder when we'll see some Paddington and Tony CAARDZ. ;)

I wonder how much Foils of those will be worth.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#933 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

Amazon typically shines with packs and outside of those indie packs that came in advance of the Summer Sale there really weren't any good bundles.

#934 Rock Bottom

Rock Bottom

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

Wrong Thread.

Still dreaming..

#935 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'm not sure if anyone posted the correct Steam link for Rogue Legacy, but here it is :

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B00E0S54BI

Tony, as others have requested, please price match this before the Steam sale ends today :)  Thanks!

Posted Image

#936 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

I'm not sure if anyone posted the correct Steam link for Rogue Legacy, but here it is :

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B00E0S54BI

Tony, as others have requested, please price match this before the Steam sale ends today :)  Thanks!

Not sure if anyone noticed, as it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, but the Steam version has finally been matched. 

• nny likes this

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#937 nny

nny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

Not sure if anyone noticed, as it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, but the Steam version has finally been matched. 

That's awesome, but I forgot about tax. So, 11 from Amazon or 12 from the developer? I still can't decide.

#938 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Huzzah, thanks Tony!

Posted Image

#939 MrGone

MrGone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Thanks Tony :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

#940 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

I think what the last 2 sales show are that reward programs work.  All things being equal, you'll buy from the company providing the reward.  Much like other posters here, I bought almost exclusively from Amazon over the Winter Sale but bought almost exclusively from Steam during the Summer Sale.  My final numbers were 2.49 for Psychonauts to get the 3 free Indie games, and then I bought Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition from Steam simply to make use of the Gooncave promotion (4.25 + 2.49 total).  Compared to $122 total spent on Steam.  If prices were equal, I would buy it on Steam because the purchases go towards obtaining another Summer Sale card which can be sold.  Over the Winter Sale, if prices were equal I always bought on Amazon for the promotional credit to be used in January, which then led to even more purchases in January on Amazon.  

The cards are a game-changer for me because I don't care about badges at all, and the money used by selling cards can immediately be put to use discounting the games I buy.  I made about $10-$15 selling cards over the Summer Sale, and I have 30 cards in my inventory right now because I stopped selling when cards dropped too far in price (I never sold below .20) that I will hold onto and see if prices increase in the future.  I think these loyalty programs will be the way of the future, so it will be up to Amazon to respond. 

#941 Cloudius

Cloudius

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

Thanks, Tony!

#942 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

Hey guys,

Got the Rogue Legacy Steam PM in place, big thanks to Idiot again who PMed me. Also, I'll be in thread more now that the Summer Sale is ending :).

Cheers,

Tony

Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#943 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hey Tony,
[insert demand]
Thanks!
:joystick:

#944 rockx4

rockx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Picked up Rogue Legacy (steam), thanks Tony!

#945 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Hey guys,

Got the Rogue Legacy Steam PM in place, big thanks to Idiot again who PMed me. Also, I'll be in thread more now that the Summer Sale is ending :).

Cheers,

Tony

Any chance in the future u  try getting Space Marine DLC Bundle possilby and driver sf Deluxe Edition a steam key possilbly. Can you try possible to get those 

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#946 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

It's very true that Amazon has been about bundles in the past and it'll be interesting to see what happens in the next sale or in the future.  I didn't get a chance to use gooncave neither and bought just a few things from Steam this sale, very little.  I really hope Amazon comes up with something decent this holiday since I don't think I've bought a thing since Jan/Feb here.  Great for the pocket book, but like all the posts, it reflects that the sales aren't really that spectacular.  Idiot complains about the PM and all that since maybe a lot of folks here used to be spoiled with awesome deals which you felt you had to buy.  Lately, I don't think anyone can say the deals are that much to write about and I'm sure the sales reflect that internally for Amazon as well.  Maybe it's part of the plan to at least have people follow what you do, but shopping on Steam as most people say is a ton easier to find out what's on sale, what's in stock, etc...Same goes for GOG as well.

What I still do find interesting during this sale and all the price matching is that being a price matcher looks to me to be very 2nd tier/a follower.  Someone already has the lower price and if Steam was smarter, they'd actually provide better service to not even lose those sales at all.  Amazon wins all over from the service standpoint where you get refunds if there's a problem, etc...and can actually reach someone by phone.  With Steam as a company worth well over a billion, you'd think they could afford to provide better service so people would just not bother with this endless PM thing and just buy it already.  Since Steam uses their own keys, they can also just get rid of all the other DRM nonsense and provide unlimited activation keys like Amazon, etc...

I also think Tony is probably overworked since I don't know how big of a staff they really have to try to "win" in this category.  Without Tony, as you can see, things just collapse and don't run that well with no PM, sales and keys running out, etc etc...

Of course, Amazon has tons of other businesses as well so obviously they can't dedicate everything to Digital games, but sorta really shows as well in the execution.

#947 Balancebgm

Balancebgm

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Bleh, after waiting all day yesterday, I missed out on the price match by around 30 minutes. Thanks for the switching it over Tony but next time get those whips cracking on those hamsters ;)

#948 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hey guys,

Cheers,

Tony

WB to the Amazon DVG Thread!

So, anything major planned for Amazon DVG Deals to make us spend some $ that you can reveal? ;)

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#949 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

WB to the Amazon DVG Thread!

So, anything major planned for Amazon DVG Deals to make us spend some $ that you can reveal? ;)

Nothing right now but I will let you know when I have more info.

Also, Gooncave is now inactive as an FYI.

Edit: I'm a liar, tomorrow we'll have the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony

Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#950 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Nothing right now but I will let you know when I have more info.

Also, Gooncave is now inactive as an FYI.

Edit: I'm a liar, tomorrow we'll have the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony

I'd guess that KOA:R Bundle is for the Origin-version, right?

Even though I already own KOA:R + ALL DLC's (bought it from you guys at Amazon DVG long ago) - I hope people who missed out on that, get it.

It's easily worth the $10, IMHO.

There's tons to do in KOA:R (base game) and the Dead Kel DLC is awesome!

I have like over 80 hours w/ that collection.

#951 jefexp

jefexp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

I went on amazon to purchase Football Manager 2013 (since i missed it on the steam sale) but "gooncave" isn't working for me. Perhaps it was due to trying if the code works but accidentally exiting my browser? I went back to checkout and it says the coupon is not valid :(

#952 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

I actually was dreaming that Amazon price matched Steam for Rogue Legacy, but I told myself, 'it's just a dream' because I knew I was sleeping.  Turns out it was true!

Woke up too late to see the price match.

Guess I'll wait a bit until the next Rogue Legacy sale.

#953 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Wow, thanks Tony for trying.... since some people think that your JOB is your LIFE. 

I missed out on Rogue Legacy (like others) but that's ok.  ( I too checked but just after the sale ended apparently)

#954 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Depresses me every time I see the Amalur bundle on sale.  EA gives it out like candy now but the Steam version is lost in limbo.

#955 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Depresses me every time I see the Amalur bundle on sale.  EA gives it out like candy now but the Steam version is lost in limbo.

EA needs to have other stuff on sale on Amazon, too.

I'd <3 to see NFS: Most Wanted (2012 by Criterion) + ALL of its DLC (Ultimate Speed, Terminal Velocity, Movie Legends & NFS Heroes) have a nice sale here.

#956 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

I just put the ragers on ignore.  Makes for a more pleasant browsing experience.

good idea, thanks

Done

back to my happy place now :bouncy:

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#957 darcmin

darcmin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

only bought a few games but a bunch of dlc for various games.

amazon: tomb raider

steam: a. creed revelation($7.50) tomb raider underworld ($.80) misc dlc ($15)

#958 27526343157187946075

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

-----

#959 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Any new info on the new LEGO Bundle you said you were working on? I didn't spend much on the Summer Sale so I've got some money to spend.

I'm curious as well.

Indie Gala Codemasters / January bundles $2.50 each. Indie Gala Capsule Computers $3.65 each. 70+ Steam keys for sale. Check out my trade thread. Direct Link:
Need to buy something from Green Man Gaming? Use this referral link and create an account and make a purchase then both of our accounts will be credited $2

#960 lomaxgnome

lomaxgnome

It's a Library of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

Given that the coupon was clearly designed as bait for price matches, I don't fault anyone for asking, and asking repeatedly. But why should Amazon bother matching most little $3 games that barely anyone will buy (which seemed to be a lot of the requests)? For the most part they matched the big ones that would sell the most.

Keep in mind, Amazon doesn't just have carte blanche permission to set prices to whatever match point they want, the providers of the keys can place whatever restrictions and stipulations they want. And I have actually heard an indie dev say in a past sale that Amazon price matched his Steam sale price without his permission, and he wasn't very happy about it. Different sites negotiate different deals and digital goods are a lot different than going into Target and asking for a match on a TV.