Photo
* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
25878 replies to this topic

#961 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

Given that the coupon was clearly designed as bait for price matches, I don't fault anyone for asking, and asking repeatedly. But why should Amazon bother matching most little $3 games that barely anyone will buy (which seemed to be a lot of the requests)? For the most part they matched the big ones that would sell the most.

Keep in mind, Amazon doesn't just have carte blanche permission to set prices to whatever match point they want, the providers of the keys can place whatever restrictions and stipulations they want. And I have actually heard an indie dev say in a past sale that Amazon price matched his Steam sale price without his permission, and he wasn't very happy about it. Different sites negotiate different deals and digital goods are a lot different than going into Target and asking for a match on a TV.

This would all be totally valid, had Amazon not pricematched awesomely last Summer Sale.

And I'm sure there's something about pricematching in the fine print. Indie devs are just more likely to not read said fine print. I hardly think Amazon went out of bounds when they pricematched a dev's game.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#962 zeroxxx

zeroxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

Just chiming in to say that I agree with what appears to be the general consensus that while Amazon crushed Steam back in December 2012, (and has had a few good sales since then), Steam definitely won the lion's share of my PCDD budget this time around. Didn't even end up using gooncave. That said, I'm 100% confident in Tony's/Amazon's triumphant return in the next few months.

Yeah agree on most part, but I'm unsure Amazon can do better than Steam in the future. Steam has learned, I think.

Posted Image

#963 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

Yeah agree on most part, but I'm unsure Amazon can do better than Steam in the future. Steam has learned, I think.

This comment assumes that Steam had a decent summer sale, which subjectively, it did not. 

Kaneda! What do you see?

#964 zeroxxx

zeroxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

This comment assumes that Steam had a decent summer sale, which subjectively, it did not. 

That assumption Steam didn't have decent summer sale is... assumption.

200 dollars spent on Steam, zero dollar on Amazon speaks for the truth.

Posted Image

#965 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

That assumption Steam didn't have decent summer sale is... assumption.

Yeah it's funny how at the end of every Steam sale for the past couple years, we always get a bunch of comments that the sale was a let down for them. Truth is, your first (and maybe even second) Steam Holiday or Summer sale is probably your best one since you have so few games in your Steam library that every deal feels like a winner. Now that your library has been stacked you see a lot of these deals as "meh, I already bought that a while ago" or "I got enough games in my Steam library, so 75% off or GTFO". Hell, in this Steam sale we got Deus Ex: HR, Fallout New Vegas, and Just Case 2 for like $3 a pop. If you didn't think those were awesome deals, it's probably because you already own them.

And of course, you can also thank GMG, Amazon, GamersGate, and some of the other PC download sites over the past year or two running great deals on new releases and older titles that the need to wait for Steam to do their big sales has been lessened.

#966 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

Yeah it's funny how at the end of every Steam sale for the past couple years, we always get a bunch of comments that the sale was a let down for them. Truth is, your first (and maybe even second) Steam Holiday or Summer sale is probably your best one since you have so few games in your Steam library that every deal feels like a winner. Now that your library has been stacked you see a lot of these deals as "meh, I already bought that a while ago" or "I got enough games in my Steam library, so 75% off or GTFO". Hell, in this Steam sale we got Deus Ex: HR, Fallout New Vegas, and Just Case 2 for like $3 a pop. If you didn't think those were awesome deals, it's probably because you already own them.

And of course, you can also thank GMG, Amazon, GamersGate, and some of the other PC download sites over the past year or two running great deals on new releases and older titles that the need to wait for Steam to do their big sales has been lessened.

Yeah, our backlogs can be our biggest enemy or friend, depending on how you look at it - b/c we've already bought the game (and hopefully we've played it and/or finished) and don't need it; or we can kick ourselves b/c it's much cheaper (and we might NOT have even touched the game at all or even did much with it yet)

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#967 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

ahh I should have bought Inversion with the GOONCAVE code :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#968 tmwfte

tmwfte

Lovecraftian Colour Out of Space

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

Yeah, our backlogs can be our biggest enemy or friend, depending on how you look at it - b/c we've already bought the game (and hopefully we've played it and/or finished) and don't need it; or we can kick ourselves b/c it's much cheaper (and we might NOT have even touched the game at all or even did much with it yet)

I have a huge backlog, but I still feel like every sale's a winner because there's usually at least one gem to make up for all of the games that I already have.  Like Dust: An Elysian Tale on Steam or StarDrive (go space bears!) on Amazon.

#969 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

Your first (and maybe even second) Steam Holiday or Summer sale is probably your best one since you have so few games in your Steam library that every deal feels like a winner. Now that your library has been stacked you see a lot of these deals as "meh, I already bought that a while ago" or "I got enough games in my Steam library,"

I went into the sale thinking that, but ended up spending roughly $200. The Trading cards were a pretty cool thing too, mainly because you can sell them to other people. I've made at least $15 so far from selling cards. So that's nearly a 10% return on purchase price, on top of the already 60% off I bought most things at. 

Either way, I'm pretty satisfied, and have been enjoying a large number of games I may not have found otherwise. (I recommend The Swapper for sure!)

So I suppose I'm glad amazon didn't price match some things, otherwise I may have spent more. 

See you at the Holiday Sale, y'all! 

#970 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

I have a huge backlog, but I still feel like every sale's a winner because there's usually at least one gem to make up for all of the games that I already have.  Like Dust: An Elysian Tale on Steam or StarDrive (go space bears!) on Amazon.

The bears is the number 1 reason I wishlisted this game.
New signups, now only spend $2, get $2 free at greenmangaming.com.

#971 Volitar Prime

Volitar Prime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:57 AM

Any new info on the new LEGO Bundle you said you were working on? I didn't spend much on the Summer Sale so I've got some money to spend.

I would also love to find out more about this!

#972 cutter2

cutter2

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

In his defense, Amazon pretty much pricematched everything last Summer Sale, and kicked Steam's ass as a result....Complaining about ain't gonna do anyone any good

You don't know if complaining will do any good or not.  It will do good if Amazon actually acts on customer feedback.  NOT complaining sure as hell won't do a damn thing because Amazon won't know there is a problem.

#973 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:19 AM

i blame the price glitches and my want of more publisher game for codemaster lol i blame it all but yea it was good but too many repeats was my only problem the flalsh deal was too many reepats

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#974 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:57 AM

I play the majority of AAA titles on 360 due to not having a top-of-the-line or even mid-range gaming rig. So as someone that almost exclusively deals in indie games on Steam, I'm gonna say the last several major sales HAVE sucked, primarily because of the rise of Humble Bundle, Indie Royale, and similar bundle sites.

I also feel sorry for anyone that bought FF7 at launch and was almost immediately burned by the 33% off flash sale... :p

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#975 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

Enough with the arguing.

#976 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

Enough with the arguing.

Yes, sir

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#977 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:51 AM

Enough with the arguing.

Sorry if I somehow contributed to it. I don't think I was involved in this one at all... but who knows.  :twisted:

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#978 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

I know its been listed in the thread before but I'm not seeing it, a quick search didn't help (though that is likely my fault as I've not explored the new forum as much as I likely should have), so I pretty much apologize right here and now for asking a stupid question..  (I also looked with my eyes in the PC subforum and the Game Trading forum.)

#979 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

The bears is the number 1 reason I wishlisted this game.

Straight up!  Space bears FTW!

#980 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:50 AM

Straight up!  Space bears FTW!

Ninja bears FTW!

TripleTownNinjas.png

bZ2g3eF.png

#981 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

Ninja bears FTW!

TripleTownNinjas.png

Triple Town is an amazing game.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#982 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

Thanks, its appreciated. :)

#983 fifamaniac

fifamaniac

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

No info on the lego bundle?

sml_gallery_18390_7189_9717.jpg

#984 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

any chance the CAG Indie Bundles will make a comeback? :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#985 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

Ninja bears FTW!

TripleTownNinjas.png

Triple Town is an amazing game.

And because of all of your incessant praise for Triple Town, I'll probably eventually pick it up.  The steam card market crash on the game has made it a bit more expensive at the moment though.

#986 mm3n

mm3n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

I got Fly'n tempting me, but it seems the coupon expired... Sad :( I believe the free games are not there anymore too?

We are still waiting for killer deals on amazon, btw. 

#987 groz24

groz24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

I'm definitely interested in a Lego bundle, especially if they all activate on Steam.

#988 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

Also, Gooncave is now inactive as an FYI.

@TONY

Since you said "Gooncave" is dead, you might want to take it out of the topic title.

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#989 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

Looks like Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Complete Bundle is up at $10 now:

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B009YLKBQY

#990 Zmaj

Zmaj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

No Steam keys ;_;