Photo
* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
25878 replies to this topic

#23041 laney

laney

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

There's some banter about the new steam tags over in the Steam Deals Thread.

BernardoOne's post is hilarious regarding the "Post-apocalyptic" tag.

76561198027893276.png

#23042 Bruticis

Bruticis

Harbinger of Decline

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:14 AM

Who cares what x million random idiots that wouldn't know a good game if it launched on their PC right in front of their own eyes tag a game with? Why would you even use any idiotic web 2.0/social features like that to search for a game in the first place?

#23043 Sepioth

Sepioth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

Steam has some Pac-Man deals! We should see if we can get Amazon to match.

PAC-MAN™ Championship Edition DX+ for $4.99
http://store.steampo...com/app/236450/

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Edition (includes base game) for $7.49
http://store.steampo....com/sub/31161/

The "all-in" version price matches the lowest price it's ever been offered for.  The base game has been $2.49 before.

*EDIT* Looks like Amazon only has the base game available.  Still worth pursuing a price match there.

The base game has been PM'd ... wish they had the All-DLC version though

#23044 Too Damn High

Too Damn High

Seasonal FAKECAG

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:40 AM

^^ Link to Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ @ Amazon

#23045 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:54 AM

Erm.. not sure if anyone's asked, but should the thread be changed to 'February deals'?

#23046 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:58 AM

Erm.. not sure if anyone's asked, but should the thread be changed to 'February deals'?

You're one of those people that takes down their Christmas lights, aren't you?

"The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist…"

#23047 MinDRioT

MinDRioT

I haff nein lifes

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

I don't think Amazon has had anything that qualifies as a deal since January though =/

Maybe change it to February Full Price Shizzle.

#23048 Cyset

Cyset

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:55 AM

Reason it hasn't changed is because this is the time to Reflect on those amazing January deals we got. So everytime you click the thread its like "Oh yeah I remember those they were awesome!" 

• hal likes this

Feel free to friend me

Steam/Origin/PSN: Kanmekaz 

Beat 2014 List: Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Defender's Quest, Dark Souls II

#23049 Too Damn High

Too Damn High

Seasonal FAKECAG

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:05 AM

I think I've gone color blind.

#23050 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:08 AM

I think I've gone color blind.

How can you be sure?

Sorry to hear.

76561197971332172.png

#23051 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

So I see Steam has added the ability to "tag" games .. this is going to be a bad idea seeing how they are user created.

CoD: Ghosts tags - Garbage, Dog, Bad, Poor Quality, Action. Explain to me how this is helpful.

Why can't they just update the client so we can actually sort our libraries better. Maybe even add the ability to change their names locally so I can correct the many incorrectly named games.

Well, Dog was the only real new feature in CoD: Ghosts, right? ;)

But, to be honest - I think CoD has been consistent, over the years. Sure, CoD4: Modern Warfare was the last great CoD, IMHO - but were any of the others really that bad?

MW 2 was pretty good; MW3 was solid; and Black Ops 2 was solid - but none of those are CoD4:MW.

For me, on CoD games - I normally get 10 hours out of SP campaign (which I do finish); and then another 10 hours out of competitive MP - and then I'm done, since I'll by then likely had my CoD fill and am ready to move on.

Granted - I ain't played CoD: WaW, Black Ops 1 + Ghosts.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#23052 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:23 AM

Well, Dog was the only real new feature in CoD: Ghosts, right? ;)

But, to be honest - I think CoD has been consistent, over the years. Sure, CoD4: Modern Warfare was the last great CoD, IMHO - but were any of the others really that bad?

MW 2 was pretty good; MW3 was solid; and Black Ops 2 was solid - but none of those are CoD4:MW.

For me, on CoD games - I normally get 10 hours out of SP campaign; 10 hours out of competitive MP - and then I'm done.

Granted - I ain't played CoD: WaW, Black Ops 1 + Ghosts.

You liked MW1 over all of them? Huh, MW1 always felt clunky to me. MW2 hit the nail on the head with the ridiculous arcade style "BULLSHIT" mechanics, and Blops 1 and 2 found a nice balance between MW and WaW.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#23053 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:42 AM

You liked MW1 over all of them? Huh, MW1 always felt clunky to me. MW2 hit the nail on the head with the ridiculous arcade style "BULLSHIT" mechanics, and Blops 1 and 2 found a nice balance between MW and WaW.

Indeed, I do prefer COD4:MW aka MW1.

Sure, MW2 and on have been over-the-top and ridiculous, but MW1 was more grounded...when compared to the others released after it. And, it was the first COD to do the Modern Warfare setting.

Plus, MW1 was the real beginning of the template on how MP was changed forever and has evolved for the modern-day military FPS. It's pretty much the beginning, when other games began actually copying the COD format of how SP + MP was designed.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#23054 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:20 AM

Dammit, I was just trying to get that ultraviolet milk or whatever the hell it is that was supposed to have just given keys.

*Edit: I didn't get that one apparently. Turns out even I have standards sometimes.

I hope they didn't have a hard drive crash again too.

That game is rubbish.

So I see Steam has added the ability to "tag" games .. this is going to be a bad idea seeing how they are user created.

Why can't they just update the client so we can actually sort our libraries better. Maybe even add the ability to change their names locally so I can correct the many incorrectly named games.

I just want to be able to color code games in my library... apparently it's too much to ask for.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#23055 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:20 AM

Nothing would make my Valentine's day like finally  Fuck ing a live woman for once

FTFY

ftfy ;)

When in Rome......

get out before you get her pregnant

You're one of those people that takes down their Christmas lights, aren't you?

I have my Valentine's Day and President's Day lights still up. 

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#23056 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

there farewell to feb right otony or it going by bye cuse of mysterd derick stole ur women hh 

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#23057 Xaliqen

Xaliqen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

Who cares what x million random idiots that wouldn't know a good game if it launched on their PC right in front of their own eyes tag a game with? Why would you even use any idiotic web 2.0/social features like that to search for a game in the first place?

Because you want an alternative to Steam's idiotic default categorization system.

Now, we can choose which poorly implemented system to use when browsing for games on Steam.

If I have to wade through a confusing mess to find games, I at least want to be able to choose what kind of mess I'm getting into.

#23058 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

Spoiler

CoD2 was a good game. MW1 & MW2 were the same movie (the most expensive movie ever), but were good too. BLOPS bored me.

No, really, I criticize those games that much because the base price is so ridiculous and the whole game is always the same. I know many people play a ton of MP, but I can't tell the difference between each game! If you put me MW1 or MW2 or MW3, I won't be able to distinguish each of them.

76561198025176705.png

#23059 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

pasports31, on 12 Feb 2014 - 03:16 AM, said:snapback.png

Nothing would make my Valentine's day like finally   Fuck ing a live woman for once

ftfy ;)

Spoiler

One of the best parts of Morrowind

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#23060 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

pasports31, on 12 Feb 2014 - 03:16 AM, said:snapback.png

Spoiler

One of the best parts of Morrowind

ewwww.. i wouldn't touch that .. hahahha

#23061 Bruticis

Bruticis

Harbinger of Decline

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

Indiecrap 08LYR-XMH0X-GDW58

#23062 UcanSUKtheFAC

UcanSUKtheFAC

Being right is all that matters.

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

CoD: Ghosts tags - Garbage, Dog, Bad, Poor Quality, Action. Explain to me how this is helpful.

agreed. This primitive interface needs to go.

Currenty Playing / Recently Played / Backlog:  :ps3: Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Puppeteer, DmC  :ps4: MLB 14 The Show, Strider, BF4, The Last of Us: Remastered  :wii: everything retro Nintendo   :wiiu: DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Wonderful 101, Batman AO, NES Remix 1 & 2, Shovel Knight   :3ds: Tomodochi Life, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball  :vita: Tearaway, Murimasa Rebirth  :pc: Darksiders 2, Counter Strike GO, Chivalry, Saints Row 4  :lol: Most Anticipated: SMash Bros Wii U, Far Cry 4, Evolve, Destiny, Halo MC Collection, No Man's Sky, Inside, N++, Diablo 3 PS4, Minecraft PS4

My Favorite Games of 2014 So Far Roaring Millennials | Please support my new blog! Contributions welcome!

#23063 keisukehonda

keisukehonda

Keisuke

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

Witcher 2 PM?

#23064 r333k0

r333k0

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Witcher 2 PM?

Amazon doesn't sell them digitally (yet)

#23065 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

I think it's time for more details about XCOM deal.

#23066 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

Amazon doesn't sell them digitally (yet)

So what?

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#23067 cyrus386

cyrus386

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

I think it's time for more details about XCOM deal.

amen

#23068 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

CoD2 was a good game. MW1 & MW2 were the same movie (the most expensive movie ever), but were good too. BLOPS bored me.

No, really, I criticize those games that much because the base price is so ridiculous and the whole game is always the same. I know many people play a ton of MP, but I can't tell the difference between each game! If you put me MW1 or MW2 or MW3, I won't be able to distinguish each of them.

CoD2 was good fun back in the day, but these days it just feels dated. World at War still feels pretty damn good though, even today, and captures the old-timey war experience pretty well (I just wish Amazon or Steam would have a reasonable sale on the game...).

MW2 and MW3 play nearly identically, because in the end there wasn't really much "better" you could do with MW2's mechanics. MW3 did add a lot onto the game though, and completely overhauled the killstreak system with multiple streak types (one of which allowed you to die in between your kills, while still counting towards your streak, but giving more support oriented rewards), and the infamous juggernaut suit (which pretty much made the game). Unfortunately I was just never a fan of MW3's maps. MW2 had some really awesome maps, even though they were broken in various ways. Granted I never paid for any of MW3's map packs. MW3 PC multiplayer is a joke these days though, utterly polluted with ridiculous hacking. Almost not even worth playing anymore.

Blops and Blops 2 have different mechanics than the MW series. They're close to CoD2 and WaW, where things aren't quite as ridiculously fast paced and arcadey. The difference isn't huge, but it makes a big difference in multiplayer. Basically, the Blops series is a much "fairer" experience online, and has a lot less of those infamous "bullshit" moments. Another big difference is that Blops maps are much more accessible from different entry points and angles. You can't just camp in Blops maps, because it's very difficult to cover all your weak points. You have to keep moving and use your head, so it lends even more to multiplayer being more enjoyable.

Also, Blops 2 really turned the whole multiplayer system on its head by allowing you points to put towards your loadout however you want, instead of the usual "1 primary gun, 1 secondary gun, 2 grenades, 2 tactical grenades, 1 equipment" etc. You can use two primary guns, or two secondary guns, or one primary gun and 2 of the same category of perk, or one secondary gun with THREE attachments. The possibilities are pretty much limitless, and it was honestly the smartest change in CoD since the series' launch. The map design is also extremely well done, and the campaign and multiplayer's integration of "future weapons" and technology like motion sensing scopes is just badass. For as much as I agree that paying $50 for every new CoD game is ridiculous considering how similar they all are, I must say that MW and Blops are very different games. I spent $42 on Blops 2, and I don't regret the purchase.

I haven't played Ghosts yet, but Blops 2 is the best game in the series, hands down.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#23069 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

I hate Call of Duty. Just not into the whole realistic army shooter thing.

Late night drunken Nazi Zombie sessions in college were fun though.

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#23070 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

I hate Call of Duty. Just not into the whole realistic army shooter thing.

Late night drunken Nazi Zombie sessions in college were fun though.

Call of Duty isn't realistic whatsoever, it's arcadey and way too fast paced. The Arma series is realistic. The Battlefield series is probably a cross between the two.

bZ2g3eF.png