Photo
* * * * * 51 votes

Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

knack 250GB Xbox 360 amazon pc 250gb xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
25877 replies to this topic

#25501 pasports31

pasports31

New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

Dear Josh,

Whenever you visit this thread again, you'll realize we are pretty high maintenance and suffer separation anxiety.

Eagerly Awaiting Your Return,

creeper.jpg

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#25502 provdog2611

provdog2611

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

Dear Josh,

Whenever you visit this thread again, you'll realize we are pretty high maintenance and suffer separation anxiety.

Eagerly Awaiting Your Return,

aJM4dU4.jpg

FTFY (we're not that cute)

#25503 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

The mixed DRM thing in bundles definitely needs to go. You've got two very polarized camps for digital games one being pro and the other being anti Steam (you'll find more of the former here) but both sides will hate mixed DRM bundles and not want to buy them.

I'm assuming that was Josh's doing since that's a noob mistake. Tony did that a long time ago when he first started putting bundles together but after a bunch of people chewed him out over it he stopped doing it and never did it again.

Same and same.  I like boxed copies of Blizzard games because if you're not giving me a pricebreak for the pure digital version, I want the box.  I didn't jump on the digital download bandwagon until digital download sales were more attractive than bargin-bin prices.

FWIW I have the box copy of D3 and when I went to reinstall recently just opted straight from digital download. The disc is horribly out of date and there have been many patches since then, some of them quite huge and comprehensive. It just makes more sense to me for anything but a new game to install from digital from the source.

That's not to say I won't go for boxed if it's cheaper. When I got D3 on Black Friday 2012 it was $10 for the box from Microsoft vs $60 for digital from Blizzard, so yeah box it was.

All things being equal if I have to pay more and the price is the same I think I would still opt for digital unless the physical version had some trinkets or swag or some such.

Even behind the times Blizzard's gotten to the point where their boxed copies are just a code in a box that you activate to an account plus some horribly outdated data on a disc that you'll end up re-downloading tons of large patches on anyway.

Boxed might be okay for re-releases of classic games like D2 though where we know they won't really be getting anymore updates. *shrug*

#25504 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

The mixed DRM thing in bundles definitely needs to go. You've got two very polarized camps for digital games one being pro and the other being anti Steam (you'll find more of the former here) but both sides will hate mixed DRM bundles and not want to buy them.

I'm assuming that was Josh's doing since that's a noob mistake. Tony did that a long time ago when he first started putting bundles together but after a bunch of people chewed him out over it he stopped doing it and never did it again.

FWIW I have the box copy of D3 and when I went to reinstall recently just opted straight from digital download. The disc is horribly out of date and there have been many patches since then, some of them quite huge and comprehensive. It just makes more sense to me for anything but a new game to install from digital from the source.

That's not to say I won't go for boxed if it's cheaper. When I got D3 on Black Friday 2012 it was $10 for the box from Microsoft vs $60 for digital from Blizzard, so yeah box it was.

All things being equal if I have to pay more and the price is the same I think I would still opt for digital unless the physical version had some trinkets or swag or some such.

Even behind the times Blizzard's gotten to the point where their boxed copies are just a code in a box that you activate to an account plus some horribly outdated data on a disc that you'll end up re-downloading tons of large patches on anyway.

Boxed might be okay for re-releases of classic games like D2 though where we know they won't really be getting anymore updates. *shrug*

I already had DL'ed the Starter Kit (for up to Skeleton King).

When I bought D3 Retail Box a while back from TRU for $10 - all I did was apply my game-code to my BNet account and let it update.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#25505 josgba2002

josgba2002

More cheap than anybody

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

I have the feeling that Josh quit his job after he read all our posts.
76561197995349663.png

#25506 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

I didn't jump on the digital download bandwagon until digital download sales were more attractive than bargin-bin prices.

Also, you can't build a box fort with digital copies:
mXMMG.png

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#25507 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

Whereas I have a box copy of D3 and recently installed it from disc, and then I waited for the 12gb patch to download. Yeah. Probably wasn't worth bothering with the disc.

#25508 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

Retail copies of Blizzard games are good to have if you ever forget your password and need to recover your account. 

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#25509 imentec

imentec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

Retail copies of Blizzard games are good to have if you ever forget your password and need to recover your account. 

Same with EA if you get your account hacked.

#25510 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

Hmmm - who knew EA could be helpful. ;)

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#25511 josgba2002

josgba2002

More cheap than anybody

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Why same avatar as mine? Nooooo!

Please, change it :)
76561197995349663.png

#25512 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

I've long since lost my D2 box and had to rebuy it a little bit ago :roll:

Hopefully that sort of thing is no longer the case and they won't delete old accounts or make it near impossible to recover or re-activate them without the box. I'll try to hold onto the D3 box just in case but I honestly don't know that I'll 10+ years be able to hold onto it. :-P

steam_sig.png

#25513 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

Hopefully that sort of thing is no longer the case and they won't delete old accounts or make it near impossible to recover or re-activate them without the box. I'll try to hold onto the D3 box just in case but I honestly don't know that I'll 10+ years be able to hold onto it. :-P

They asked me for the code from a boxed copy but I don't have any so I have to send them a scan of my driver's license.  So yep, they still make it a pain.  If I were you I would at least scan a copy and keep it digitally backed up.  

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#25514 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

Did you lose your LoD box, too?

Or do you have the Diablo Battle Chest w/ both?

Wait - can we activate our Retail D2 + LoD keys on BNet?

#25515 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

One of you gets to be Shadow Homer:

jEloD4N.jpg

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#25516 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

His avatar is widescreen, yours is full screen.  

#25517 MinDRioT

MinDRioT

I haff nein lifes

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

I think we need a fight to the death here.

#25518 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

#25519 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

Yeah, I was was literally focused on the box... chuck the key into the account and treat it like a digital purchase (with a distinct lack of meatspace-copy-cyberspace-paste functionality).  For the same price, I'd like to have the box on my shelf (I can later chuck it if desired).

Just take a picture of box/serial card.

I dredged up my D2 keys from a text file I had stored them in way back when.  (easier than reaching for the box)

Wait - can we activate our Retail D2 + LoD keys on BNet?

Yes, and I strongly adivise that you do.  The only reason to install from disc is if you wanted to run on an older patch version.

https://us.battle.ne...t/add-game.html

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#25520 imentec

imentec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

Please, change it  :)

Well, i'm here since  05 Jan 2012 and it is my avatar since then so..in that case you should change it.

But I don't mind if you want to keep it. Homer is enough big for both of us.

Another CAG knife fight?  :shame:

#25521 josgba2002

josgba2002

More cheap than anybody

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

Well, i'm here since  05 Jan 2012 and it is my avatar since then so..in that case you should change it.
But I don't mind if you want to keep it. Homer is enough big for both of us.

If we consider number of post for all time been in CAG, number of likes and feedback, I win!

You: 184 post in 26 months
Me: 169 post in 14 months
76561197995349663.png

#25522 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

number of post for all time been in CAG, number of likes and feedback, I win!

Don't forget to compare the number of profile views. :mrgreen:

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#25523 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

One of you should use this one instead.

#25524 josgba2002

josgba2002

More cheap than anybody

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

Spoiler

Sorry but not me. I like when Homer says "woohoo".
76561197995349663.png

#25525 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

#25526 MnemnocH

MnemnocH

Cupcakes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

This thread gets weirder and weirder.

Origin ID: Mnemnoch_Caine              Uplay: mnemnoch1

uc.png   76561198062648772.png

#25527 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

But realistic Homer would be so much more unique. And creepy.

Spoiler

#25528 imentec

imentec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

This thread gets weirder and weirder.

Yep. And you guys are not helping  :-

#25529 MinDRioT

MinDRioT

I haff nein lifes

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

I like this one...

real-homer-simpson.jpg

#25530 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

This reminds me of that trend a while back where people were swiping each other's avatars and it was confusing as hell.

steam_sig.png