Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition @ Newegg {Out of Stock/Discontinued}

I have a feeling this late in the game it will get cancelled and they don't have enough in inventory. But you never knpw

scottc1s said:
I have a feeling this late in the game it will get cancelled and they don't have enough in inventory. But you never knpw
Newegg doesn't cancel orders like Best Buy :)

Something tells me they're flooding the market with these.
I was thinking the same thing but thus far, it's sold out at every retailer that listed it... Amazon, GS, Wal-Mart, and BBY. I can't imagine the demand for this being so high and I doubt flippers would buy that many copies, seeing as how they're already going for as low as $150.

I've never had Newegg cancel anything (and I order there very frequently) unless I preorder multiples with coupons and every single time it was a standard edition game. I've never had them cancel anything that was even remotely limited.

latest ebay auction ended at 99.99 with 10 dollar shipping.  so that seller will be cancelling for sure.

Wonder if Newegg cancels orders. I got 2 of these pre-ordered at Gamestop a while back, if this could be combined with that $15 google wallet deal it would be cheaper getting it from Newegg because of the lack of tax.

Yeah, I 'm probably gonna cancel my gs.com preorder. Seeing way too many of these and the figure doesn't interest me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have one at Amazon. I just canceled the GS one because of the non-exclusivity of it. Was thinking about an order at Newegg but 10% off email code doesn't apply to pre-orders. I also have the day one edition at amazon.it with the alternative steelbook.

Have one at Amazon. I just canceled the GS one because of the non-exclusivity of it. Was thinking about an order at Newegg but 10% off email code doesn't apply to pre-orders. I also have the day one edition at amazon.it with the alternative steelbook.
Isn't it technically a metal book (a lower quality steel book)? And ugly as sin?

i have this preordered at gamestop site and used my gift card on it. If I cancel the order, do i get the credit back on the gift card?

No they are worse, they wait a month after the release date to cancel it.
No kidding. I pre-ordered the Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle from Newegg and I never got it. They never emailed me, never canceled the order, nothing. I contacted them and they said, "Oops, we ran out of inventory."

A dark stain on an otherwise perfect track record with Newegg. Not going to pre-order anything important from them ever again.

Not worth reselling this. The average BIN or Best offer is $150, and any competent seller knows after fees that is garbage. If you still want this CE, buy it for yourself and not to flip, unless you like making peanuts.

Just ordered this from the official Namco Bandai store. Sooo... hopefully they still have copies to ship out for those that order them in the near future?

Not worth reselling this. The average BIN or Best offer is $150, and any competent seller knows after fees that is garbage. If you still want this CE, buy it for yourself and not to flip, unless you like making peanuts.
The things some people does to save even $1 or $2 on this forum, making $20+ per unit is garbage?

I'd buy to sell at a $10-$15 profit if it was gonna make the copy that I'm keeping cheaper. It's just that with Newegg, you never know if you'll actually get your copy or not so it's not even safe to list a pre-order on eBay hoping you get one from Newegg lol.

Newegg doesn't cancel orders like Best Buy :)
i've had lots of newegg canceled preorders, a lot of times they will sell games they never received or they will send it late.

wario wii u, muramasa, dead pool are all recent orders that were canceled or sent 1-2 weeks late

$150 - 9% fee -3% paypal = $132 - around $10 shipping (i don't know the weight of this, maybe even less)= $122 = $22 profit.. how is that "garbage"?

i've had lots of newegg canceled preorders, a lot of times they will sell games they never received or they will send it late.

wario wii u, muramasa, dead pool are all recent orders that were canceled or sent 1-2 weeks late

[SIZE=12pt]I had NG cancel 1 pre-order but I hate them for their shitty packing... everything these days is sent in a bubble mailer. This is apparently not universally true though, because many CAGs said that they get items in boxes. I think it might depend on the warehouse or possibly the distance from the warehouse to recipient. [/SIZE]

Already have it pre-ordered at Amazon but what the hell, I'll grab another one. If it doesn't get super rare it'll make a nice birthday or Christmas gift for a friend.

I had 3 ordered at amazon and just checked my order information, got changed to 1, is your order for 2 still up? were they separate single orders?
Ooh this is interesting. I ordered mine in three separate orders and they are all still good. My friend ordered 3 of them in one order and his got changed from 3 to 1. He is trying to contact Amazon to see what is going on. I suggest if you ordered more than 1 to check your Amazon account to see if they are still actually there!

$150 - 9% fee -3% paypal = $132 - around $10 shipping (i don't know the weight of this, maybe even less)= $122 = $22 profit.. how is that "garbage"?
it's actually 10% and 2.9%+$.30 (or 3.9%+.XX if non-US paypal) so assuming $10 ship, so at most $120.35 after fees. $120.35 - 104.99 = $15.36 profit. That's not worth it for something like a CE. It'd be good it it were just a regular game.

I just shipped out a book, the Ni No Kuni Wizard's Companion. That alone was almost $10,this CE would be closer to $15. I ship tins of caramel popcorn to a friend in Alaska every couple of months, that's close to the size of one of these I believe, that runs about $20 to ship.

this thing is gonna be rare.  you may have to wait for a few months, but you can definitely sell it for $200.

It won't be xenoblade rare, but still rare.

this thing is gonna be rare. you may have to wait for a few months, but you can definitely sell it for $200.

It won't be xenoblade rare, but still rare.
Xenoblade isn't really rare so I guess it's kinda comparable, but I really doubt you'll ever see $200 for this. It was available for months from tons of retailers, and only recently sold out on Amazon. If anything I think the market will be flooded since they seemingly planned on printing a ton, and most Tales fans will be buying at launch.

I saw one go for $99 with free shipping on Ebay last week, as only 1 person bid. There have been higher ones since then , but its certainly not something you can expect a ton of bids on at this point. It could go up obviously, but I wouldn't count on it at this point.

Short sighted... People.

Sure it isn't going to be a very profitable instant flip. You have to let it cook and let the resellers have their way with the gauged market at first, then the value will rise.

Have been sitting on a sealed CE of SC2 and it has gone up to around $200. Shit, the dog tag USB alone goes for around $70.

When the game first released it was going for only $130-150.

Besides, I probably plan on doing a package listing of all 3 CEs. Thinking that may get the most bang for my buck.

Short sighted... People.

Sure it isn't going to be a very profitable instant flip. You have to let it cook and let the resellers have their way with the gauged market at first, then the value will rise.

Have been sitting on a sealed CE of SC2 and it has gone up to around $200. Shit, the dog tag USB alone goes for around $70.

When the game first released it was going for only $130-150.

Besides, I probably plan on doing a package listing of all 3 CEs. Thinking that may get the most bang for my buck.
Ooo, three years to make $50, tell me more about this profitable venture.

Ooh this is interesting. I ordered mine in three separate orders and they are all still good. My friend ordered 3 of them in one order and his got changed from 3 to 1. He is trying to contact Amazon to see what is going on. I suggest if you ordered more than 1 to check your Amazon account to see if they are still actually there!
yeah, i tried a chat, was as polite as can be but that went nowhere. they are claiming that due to high demand it was reduced to 1 per household. another order on a friends account to be shipped to my house disappeared altogether. so it sounds believable. who knows, gave up, got one from newegg before it was discontinued, won't count on that order.

should have kept gamestop order i made in april, cancelled that for amazon to save a few bucks on shipping.

It sits on a shelf in a bag. $50 extra for sitting on a shelf is easy money. Not like I am missing that money.
You should probably just put more effort to doing better at your day job and earning a promotion.

Btw, some just Business 101, sitting on the shelf is inventory cost. Inventory cost is horrible. It decreases free cash flow and increases risk of obsolescence. These are real-world costs to getting the "most bang for your buck." If you're going to buy shit for resale, it's always better to look for stuff that can be liquidated in, say 5 days, for $10 than something else for $20, but will take a few months. Turnover is critical.

You should probably just put more effort to doing better at your day job and earning a promotion.

Btw, some just Business 101, sitting on the shelf is inventory cost. Inventory cost is horrible. It decreases free cash flow and increases risk of obsolescence. These are real-world costs to getting the "most bang for your buck." If you're going to buy shit for resale, it's always better to look for stuff that can be liquidated in, say 5 days, for $10 than something else for $20, but will take a few months. Turnover is critical.
Lol, ok. I don't run a business. There is no "shelf cost" as it is in an unused room. Also, my day job goes just fine and I had a promotion less than a year ago and I just hit my 1 year mark with the company a little under 20 days ago.

You guys are nuts if you think like this. Not everyone needs the "business" mentality as it certainly isn't my life's blood. Besides, if I were a huge reseller, I wouldn't buy only 1 copy to flip.

Lol, ok. I don't run a business. There is no "shelf cost" as it is in an unused room. Also, my day job goes just fine and I had a promotion less than a year ago and I just hit my 1 year mark with the company a little under 20 days ago.

You guys are nuts if you think like this. Not everyone needs the "business" mentality as it certainly isn't my life's blood. Besides, if I were a huge reseller, I wouldn't buy only 1 copy to flip.
their nothing wrong with your method, i see it from both PoV. option a) buy it, sell it sooner then later, make $20-$50. or b) from waiting years profit could be $50-$200+ depends on item an if it holds value.

most people believe short sell, quick profit is better. as the random nature of items holding value an cash in hand now, is better then chance at more later. least what i think

bread's done
Back