Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition @ Newegg {Out of Stock/Discontinued}

Tales of Xillia tales of xillia Collectors Edition collectors edition newegg Newegg PS3 playstation 3 Playstation 3 ps3

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Newegg doesn't cancel orders like Best Buy :)

i've had lots of newegg canceled preorders, a lot of times they will sell games they never received or they will send it late.

wario wii u, muramasa, dead pool are all recent orders that were canceled or sent 1-2 weeks late

#32 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Not worth reselling this. The average BIN or Best offer is $150, and any competent seller knows after fees that is garbage. If you still want this CE, buy it for yourself and not to flip, unless you like making peanuts.

$150 - 9% fee -3% paypal = $132 - around $10 shipping (i don't know the weight of this, maybe even less)= $122 = $22 profit.. how is that "garbage"?

#33 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

i've had lots of newegg canceled preorders, a lot of times they will sell games they never received or they will send it late.

wario wii u, muramasa, dead pool are all recent orders that were canceled or sent 1-2 weeks late

I had NG cancel 1 pre-order but I hate them for their shitty packing... everything these days is sent in a bubble mailer. This is apparently not universally true though, because many CAGs said that they get items in boxes. I think it might depend on the warehouse or possibly the distance from the warehouse to recipient.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#34 Busta Wolf

Busta Wolf

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

Already have it pre-ordered at Amazon but what the hell, I'll grab another one. If it doesn't get super rare it'll make a nice birthday or Christmas gift for a friend.

#35 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

I Have 3 ordered, gonna cancel my GS one and keep my 2 Amazon ones.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

I Have 3 ordered, gonna cancel my GS one and keep my 2 Amazon ones.

I had 3 ordered at amazon and just checked my order information, got changed to 1, is your order for 2 still up? were they separate single orders?

#37 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

Still separate. One of mine got comped to free 1 day shipping, maybe thats why
Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 malalrd

malalrd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

I had 3 ordered at amazon and just checked my order information, got changed to 1, is your order for 2 still up? were they separate single orders?

Ooh this is interesting.  I ordered mine in three separate orders and they are all still good.  My friend ordered 3 of them in one order and his got changed from 3 to 1.  He is trying to contact Amazon to see what is going on.  I suggest if you ordered more than 1 to check your Amazon account to see if they are still actually there!

#39 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:46 AM

$150 - 9% fee -3% paypal = $132 - around $10 shipping (i don't know the weight of this, maybe even less)= $122 = $22 profit.. how is that "garbage"?

it's actually 10% and 2.9%+$.30 (or 3.9%+.XX if non-US paypal) so assuming $10 ship, so at most $120.35 after fees.  $120.35 - 104.99 = $15.36 profit.  That's not worth it for something like a CE.  It'd be good it it were just a regular game.

Selling Gamestop coupons - B1G1 Preowned Wii/DS and 25%OFF Preowned

Selling 1600 MSP, 1/3/12 month XBL. 

PM offers.

#40 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:30 AM

I just shipped out a book, the Ni No Kuni Wizard's Companion. That alone was almost $10,this CE would be closer to $15. I ship tins of caramel popcorn to a friend in Alaska every couple of months, that's close to the size of one of these I believe, that runs about $20 to ship.

#41 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:36 AM

this thing is gonna be rare.  you may have to wait for a few months, but you can definitely sell it for $200.

It won't be xenoblade rare, but still rare.

#42 Smashingly

Smashingly

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

this thing is gonna be rare.  you may have to wait for a few months, but you can definitely sell it for $200.

It won't be xenoblade rare, but still rare.

Xenoblade isn't really rare so I guess it's kinda comparable, but I really doubt you'll ever see $200 for this. It was available for months from tons of retailers, and only recently sold out on Amazon. If anything I think the market will be flooded since they seemingly planned on printing a ton, and most Tales fans will be buying at launch.

I saw one go for $99 with free shipping on Ebay last week, as only 1 person bid. There have been higher ones since then , but its certainly not something you can expect a ton of bids on at this point. It could go up obviously, but I wouldn't count on it at this point.

#43 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

Short sighted... People.

Sure it isn't going to be a very profitable instant flip. You have to let it cook and let the resellers have their way with the gauged market at first, then the value will rise.

Have been sitting on a sealed CE of SC2 and it has gone up to around $200. Shit, the dog tag USB alone goes for around $70.

When the game first released it was going for only $130-150.

Besides, I probably plan on doing a package listing of all 3 CEs. Thinking that may get the most bang for my buck.

xivpads.png

#44 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

Short sighted... People.

Sure it isn't going to be a very profitable instant flip. You have to let it cook and let the resellers have their way with the gauged market at first, then the value will rise.

Have been sitting on a sealed CE of SC2 and it has gone up to around $200. Shit, the dog tag USB alone goes for around $70.

When the game first released it was going for only $130-150.

Besides, I probably plan on doing a package listing of all 3 CEs. Thinking that may get the most bang for my buck.

Ooo, three years to make $50, tell me more about this profitable venture.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#45 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

It sits on a shelf in a bag. $50 extra for sitting on a shelf is easy money. Not like I am missing that money.

xivpads.png

#46 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

Ooh this is interesting.  I ordered mine in three separate orders and they are all still good.  My friend ordered 3 of them in one order and his got changed from 3 to 1.  He is trying to contact Amazon to see what is going on.  I suggest if you ordered more than 1 to check your Amazon account to see if they are still actually there!

yeah, i tried a chat, was as polite as can be but that went nowhere. they are claiming that due to high demand it was reduced to 1 per household. another order on a friends account to be shipped to my house disappeared altogether. so it sounds believable. who knows, gave up, got one from newegg before it was discontinued, won't count on that order.

should have kept gamestop order i made in april, cancelled that for amazon to save a few bucks on shipping.

#47 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

It sits on a shelf in a bag. $50 extra for sitting on a shelf is easy money. Not like I am missing that money.

You should probably just put more effort to doing better at your day job and earning a promotion.

Btw, some just Business 101, sitting on the shelf is inventory cost. Inventory cost is horrible. It decreases free cash flow and increases risk of obsolescence. These are real-world costs to getting the "most bang for your buck." If you're going to buy shit for resale, it's always better to look for stuff that can be liquidated in, say 5 days, for $10 than something else for $20, but will take a few months. Turnover is critical.

#48 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

You should probably just put more effort to doing better at your day job and earning a promotion.

Btw, some just Business 101, sitting on the shelf is inventory cost. Inventory cost is horrible. It decreases free cash flow and increases risk of obsolescence. These are real-world costs to getting the "most bang for your buck." If you're going to buy shit for resale, it's always better to look for stuff that can be liquidated in, say 5 days, for $10 than something else for $20, but will take a few months. Turnover is critical.

Lol, ok. I don't run a business. There is no "shelf cost" as it is in an unused room. Also, my day job goes just fine and I had a promotion less than a year ago and I just hit my 1 year mark with the company a little under 20 days ago.

You guys are nuts if you think like this. Not everyone needs the "business" mentality as it certainly isn't my life's blood. Besides, if I were a huge reseller, I wouldn't buy only 1 copy to flip.

xivpads.png

#49 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

Lol, ok. I don't run a business. There is no "shelf cost" as it is in an unused room. Also, my day job goes just fine and I had a promotion less than a year ago and I just hit my 1 year mark with the company a little under 20 days ago.

You guys are nuts if you think like this. Not everyone needs the "business" mentality as it certainly isn't my life's blood. Besides, if I were a huge reseller, I wouldn't buy only 1 copy to flip.

their nothing wrong with your method, i see it from both PoV.   option a) buy it, sell it sooner then later, make $20-$50. or b)  from waiting years profit could be $50-$200+ depends on item an if it holds value.

most people believe short sell, quick profit is better. as the random nature of items holding value an cash in hand now, is better then chance at more later. least what i think

Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#50 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Nobody said you had to run a business to understand common sense. "Nothing" in this world is guaranteed to appreciate in value as time goes by. Not stocks, gold, real estate and certainly not packaged digital media. Inventory cost means the money you put into buying the thing is not liquid. If you purportedly don't care about re-selling, then don't brag about it either. It just makes you sound like a newb.

As an aside, I hope seriously no one actually considers re-selling (as in just buying from retailers and re-selling as opposed to really operating a store, offline or otherwise) a viable sustainable business model unless you're in between jobs. It's a perfectly competitive market with no barriers to entry. Most of you don't have the cash flow to sustain the inventory costs. One big misjudgment on inventory value and you'll be losing money doing one of the most retarded things on the internet.

#51 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

Nobody said you had to run a business to understand common sense. "Nothing" in this world is guaranteed to appreciate in value as time goes by. Not stocks, gold, real estate and certainly not packaged digital media. Inventory cost means the money you put into buying the thing is not liquid. If you purportedly don't care about re-selling, then don't brag about it either. It just makes you sound like a newb.

As an aside, I hope seriously no one actually considers re-selling (as in just buying from retailers and re-selling as opposed to really operating a store, offline or otherwise) a viable sustainable business model unless you're in between jobs. It's a perfectly competitive market with no barriers to entry. Most of you don't have the cash flow to sustain the inventory costs. One big misjudgment on inventory value and you'll be losing money doing one of the most retarded things on the internet.

I've found that those who try the hardest to convince people not to resell something and introduce "Economics" or "Business 101" into their discussion are usually just trying to thin the competition.

#52 R3DNate

R3DNate

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

their nothing wrong with your method, i see it from both PoV.   option a) buy it, sell it sooner then later, make $20-$50. or b)  from waiting years profit could be $50-$200+ depends on item an if it holds value.

most people believe short sell, quick profit is better. as the random nature of items holding value an cash in hand now, is better then chance at more later. least what i think

So do you think these are going to be rare?

#53 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

So do you think these are going to be rare?

No, Gamestop hasn't even sold out of their restock yet.

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#54 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:41 AM

lol for a second i thought you were quoting yourself, Until  I notice one of your is

R3DNate, the other is R3DH3R0

#55 R3DNate

R3DNate

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

Dude you have an awesome name :D

#56 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:45 AM

lol for a second i thought you were quoting yourself, Until  I notice one of your is

R3DNate, the other is R3DH3R0

Hahaha! It does look that way!

Dude you have an awesome name :D

Thanks, you too, bro. 

But staying on topic, somewhat, lol. I don't think it will be rare immediately. Seeing how Club Namco never sold out and Gamestop has new stock. Maybe sometime down the line. I know Tales of Vesperia LE is somewhat rare. That was few years back, I can't remember if they sold out online. But when I went to my local Fry's a week after release they had 10 or so copies. But that was only in steelbook with an extra disc.

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#57 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:50 AM

Thanks, you too, bro. 

But staying on topic, somewhat, lol. I don't think it will be rare immediately. Seeing how Club Namco never sold out and Gamestop has new stock. Maybe sometime down the line. I know Tales of Vesperia LE is somewhat rare. That was few years back, I can't remember if they sold out online. But when I went to my local Fry's a week after release they had 10 or so copies. But that was only in steelbook with an extra disc.

alot of collectors edition only go up in value after years

Thanks, you too, bro. 

just a question, are you getting dragons crown?

#58 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

alot of collectors edition only go up in value after years

just a question, are you getting dragons crown?

Yeah, it all depends on what people want. A majority of them don't hold their value though.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get it next week or not. I'm going to get it eventually, quite a few games I want come out this month. When I do get it, it's probably going to be on PS3.

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#59 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:57 AM

Yeah, it all depends on what people want. A majority of them don't hold their value though.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get it next week or not. I'm going to get it eventually, quite a few games I want come out this month. When I do get it, it's probably going to be on PS3.

i only own a ps3, so i have no choice. lol. I personally feel it is too late for me to get a xbox 360. I rather get a next gen console,

#60 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:01 AM

i only own a ps3, so i have no choice. lol. I personally feel it is too late for me to get a xbox 360. I rather get a next gen console,

I think it's only coming out on PS3 and Vita. Guess it depends. The new systems are $200-300 more than the current iterations, and the current ones will probably drop again. As will the prices of games on ebay, amazon, etc. Guess it all depends. Never too late to buy any console, just depends if the price is right.

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tales of Xillia, tales of xillia, Collectors Edition, collectors edition, newegg, Newegg, PS3, playstation 3, Playstation 3, ps3