sunday ads

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

An Assassins Creed Black Flag football..........Ok. Maybe I am just missing something but what does Assassins Creed have to do with football?? If your going to have promotions, at least give something away that actually is relevant to the game. This is just consumerism at its worst. Come and buy something and well give you something completely unrelated to the item your buying. Sweeeet!!

One of the lamest promotions I have seen yet, lol.

AphroditeIXBanner1_zps6fea4a73.jpg

fs_overall.png

"My experiences, tho I would never wish them upon anyone else, have helped make me who I am and what I still hope to be"

#62 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

An Assassins Creed Black Flag football..........Ok. Maybe I am just missing something but what does Assassins Creed have to do with football?? If your going to have promotions, at least give something away that actually is relevant to the game. This is just consumerism at its worst. Come and buy something and well give you something completely unrelated to the item your buying. Sweeeet!!

One of the lamest promotions I have seen yet, lol.

I on the other hand think this is awesome. Why a football you say? Maybe because the NFL season starts on Thursday. Yes, unrelated to the game itself, however those that are fans of AC and football are delighted.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#63 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

I on the other hand think this is awesome. Why a football you say? Maybe because the NFL season starts on Thursday. Yes, unrelated to the game itself, however those that are fans of AC and football are delighted.

Like I said, consumerism at its worst. By the way, I love football and am a fan of Assassins Creed as well and the last thing I want is a Black Flag Football. I guarantee you this will be one of the cheapest footballs people have ever seen, mass produced in some Chinese factory no doubt, which just makes the whole thing that much worse.

AphroditeIXBanner1_zps6fea4a73.jpg

fs_overall.png

"My experiences, tho I would never wish them upon anyone else, have helped make me who I am and what I still hope to be"

#64 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

I still can't get the fucking giftcard to work on best buy.com. Does anyone know how to get around this horrible glitch in the website?

Edit: figured it out. I had to buy something with a credit card, cancel it, and then use the gift card on a new order. Fuck you best buy. Fix your website.

#65 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

I still can't get the fucking giftcard to work on best buy.com. Does anyone know how to get around this horrible glitch in the website?

Edit: figured it out. I had to buy something with a credit card, cancel it, and then use the gift card on a new order. Fuck you best buy. Fix your website.

It's been a known problem going on 2 months now, it's kind of ridiculous that a retailer with such a large online presence can't get their gift cards to work right online. You'd be laughed out of the room if you were starting a new online site that had this issue.

I've never tried your workaround.  That's an interesting method, I'd watch out for your account getting flagged if you have to do that every time you want to order something though.  What I decided to do after getting pissed it was taking them so long to fix the site, since gift cards still work as long as they don't cover the entire purchase amount, is take my big BBY gift cards and break them down by purchasing a bunch of smaller $5/$10/$15/$20 BBY gift cards.  Obviously you still end up paying a few dollars out of pocket, but at least you can eliminate some BBY credit in the meantime.  Be aware that since most employees are stupid, you WILL get a lot of hostile pushback/hordes of junior detective yellow shirts and managers swarming you, treating you like a scammer if you try to do this in-store.  You just have to stick to your guns because this is totally allowed (and obviously should be allowed, no question) under their policies.

Check my sell list! (online passes, DLC, Club Nintendo coins) http://www.cheapassg...6#entry11677362

#66 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

I'll only preorder if the football actually makes an appearance in the game. Nothing says pirates like a black mini football ...

#67 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Today was the first time I've gotten bit by that bug. Going through the full order process on my desktop (applying the gift card and all), then finishing the transaction once I logged in on the mobile website worked. Surprisingly, it also let a second order on my desktop complete without the bug triggering again.

#68 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

Thanks was able to take advantage of the B2G1 sale using a BB giftcard. Payed the full amount with it with no problems just now.

Posted Image

#69 Akimitsu782

Akimitsu782

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

Weird. For the past week or two, I haven't even been able to select the Shipping option for anything on Best Buy's site. Every time I click on shipping, it goes back to selecting the store option and then it loads a page with an error on it, saying the game is unavailable.

#70 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

ive had issues in the past as well checking out  with paypal at times.. most annoying thing ever.

my workaround was to use the mobile site... and it seemed to work

1080i is for douchebags

#71 malunewyorker

malunewyorker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Weird. For the past week or two, I haven't even been able to select the Shipping option for anything on Best Buy's site. Every time I click on shipping, it goes back to selecting the store option and then it loads a page with an error on it, saying the game is unavailable.

I had the same problem trying to preorder GTA V. Are you using chrome? because I switched to Safari and it was fine. 

#72 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

I had the problem where the gift card was stuck at the validation when I price matched GTA 5 game guide over the phone. I waited 2 days and Best Buy said it could take 72 hours for a Best Buy gift card to be validity and the rep was blaming the price match. At least when I ordered the game guide the system added the lithograph for free so I cancelled the game guide and now I should get the lithograph for free.I will pickup the game guide in store if the price holds at walmart.com. and amazon,com when I pickup the game. I normally don't buy game guides but GTA is an exception.

#73 monkeymanofmars

monkeymanofmars

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

If I bought last of us last week also I price matched Kmart for $40 could I call customer service and see if I can get it, just curious.

#74 ning726

ning726

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

So is the Season's Pass code for TLOU on the receipt??

#75 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

According to the BB website, the $10 off PS+ is if you buy the Walking Dead Vita Bundle. :(

#76 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

According to the BB website, the $10 off PS+ is if you buy the Walking Dead Vita Bundle. :(

There's $10 off for GCU and another $10 off for Walking Dead Vita, but I don't know if they stack.

#77 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

You could also break it out of the plastic security case and steal it. Ya know another option while discussing shitty behavior.

this guy is giving me gargus type vibes
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#78 muni

muni

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

Don't think this has been posted yet but Walmart has a year of XBL Gold for 49.96 plus 800 free MS points.

#79 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

Deadool worth $29.99? Or should I wait?

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#80 darkmatter00

darkmatter00

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

I'm on the fence about the deal with the Last of Us with the season pass. I know Black Friday will be here in no time but the thought of waiting in line at some store, or miss out on something on Amazon.

"I have but recently returned from the valley of the shadow of death. I'm rapturously breathing in all the odors and essences of life. I've been to the brink of total oblivion. I remember and ferment the desire to remember everything." - Waking Life

#81 Greenseer

Greenseer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

Just Rayman for me this week, Though the B2G1 at BB is tempting.

EduardoNS.png EduardoNS.png

#82 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

1) How do you get the season pass with the last of us? It says in the ad that it prints on your receipt. I forgot to check before I left, just got home and no code.. i'm pretty pissed. How was I supposed to get it?

2) is anyone able to preorder the zelda wii u console instore? I tried at the register and customer service and when they put in the sku it said not available to preorder

3) how do you get these footballs? I didn't see any when I was there, do they only keep them in the back if you ask for them or are they sold out?

#83 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

If you were to canel your pre-order for AC IV later, would BB then ask you to return the damned football? LOL... I ask because they wanted me to return the steel case for Dead Island - Riptide when I tried to cancel the pre-order for that a while back.

they never asked me to return the steelbook.. it doesn't even say on your receipt that you got the steelbook because the upc for the steelbook was the same as if you just preordered it without the steelbook

#84 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

1) How do you get the season pass with the last of us? It says in the ad that it prints on your receipt. I forgot to check before I left, just got home and no code.. i'm pretty pissed. How was I supposed to get it?

2) is anyone able to preorder the zelda wii u console instore? I tried at the register and customer service and when they put in the sku it said not available to preorder

3) how do you get these footballs? I didn't see any when I was there, do they only keep them in the back if you ask for them or are they sold out?

in most cases, they have the preorder bonus item in the back room , otherwise people will be stealing them. you will be surprised at what people steal. you have to ask them.
edit: just got my football preorder item from bestbuy, they have it right on the shelf

#85 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

they never asked me to return the steelbook.. it doesn't even say on your receipt that you got the steelbook because the upc for the steelbook was the same as if you just preordered it without the steelbook

its actually impossible to return the steelbook. I bought the Riptide and got the steel. Had it for instore pickup but canceled. All it did though was switch the money for the steelbook so I paid 50 for the steel. Went to the store to return it and they couldnt. Call Cs and got my money back

#86 raven054

raven054

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

So are we able to buy the last of us and return it within the time period to get the dlc for free? there is also a link to order online for instore pickup and the code is emailed to you.

#87 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Maybe the football is a hint at a future game where an assassin also doubles as a pro football player.. :o Aaron hernandez?