Photo
* * * - - 13 votes

The Legend of Zelda Box Set: Prima Official Game Guide [Hardcover] $107.99 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#31 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

Preordered just in case.
My games/what I'm playing - www.backloggery.com/kamakazi5

#32 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

Preordered just in case.

Yep Same here. 

Posted Image

#33 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:39 AM

Put in a preorder for this last night at the $120 price.  Probably will cancel though since my Amazon credit will be used on a PS4 :(

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#34 darkchaostitan

darkchaostitan

Deal Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

Whenever i bought a Collectors whatever it wasn't about Resale value, same reason with getting a new console early, I have a desire to use it. And in earnest this just seems like rebindings of Guides that years ago that i invested in a few, but the high price tag of a guide that was shunned by friends, used seldomly (but still valued in aggrivating circumstances), and somehow didn't hold a candle to player written walkthroughs, refrences, guides, and hints that i copy and pasted into word documents and later ported to PDFs.

If I found this at a yard sale I would buy it, I like the bindings, and i would like to stack it next to my shelf of old books, dragon statues, TES Cases, and TES Novels (if they ever print).

Rule#37: There is no "overkill" there's only "open fire" and "I need to reload".
Schlock Mercenary, "The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries"
DCT is @ : SD|CAG|FW|TB

Posted Image

#35 AcidRain25

AcidRain25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:25 AM

The wording on the Prima website has changed a bit, it now says;

"This limited edition set will only be printed once and the number available will be set in stone very soon. So what are you waiting for? Pre-order your Zelda treasure box on Amazon.com"

It used to say will only be available to those who preorder. Either way this will sell out soon as if this is really numbered and hand signed by Eiji Aonuma then how many copies could you really ask someone to sign? My guess 2000-3000. Could you really ask someone to hand sign 10,000+ certificates?

#36 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:28 AM

Wasn't this $120.XX when it was posted a few days ago?

Not according to camelcamelcamel unless they changed the product code or something and the tracking is inaccurate. Would love to get it for $120.

Was also surprised that I wasn't getting free prime shipping. I figured it was because my prime runs out in November. Going to renew it anyway, but still I was surprised to see it. Was even going to call an Amazon rep to see if there was a computer glitch. I figured I'll just wait it out since its not out for a few months.

#37 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

Seems pretty crazy for a bunch of strategy guides. Most hard backs go for around $20/ea~ so this is even above that. If they were along the lines of Hyrule Historia I might consider it, but strategy guides are a whole other thing all together.

#38 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

Not according to camelcamelcamel unless they changed the product code or something and the tracking is inaccurate. Would love to get it for $120.

Was also surprised that I wasn't getting free prime shipping. I figured it was because my prime runs out in November. Going to renew it anyway, but still I was surprised to see it. Was even going to call an Amazon rep to see if there was a computer glitch. I figured I'll just wait it out since its not out for a few months.

aMQAMU4.png

Some of us, got it for that price. Amazon raised the price today.

#39 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

My preorder says what htz posted:

aMQAMU4.png

Some of us, got it for that price. Amazon raised the price today.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ (:applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#40 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:06 AM

Dang! I tried to talk a CS into matching the earlier price and it was a no go. She did give me a $7 credit though, which was pretty cool all the same. Maybe I should try my luck again tomorrow? For $30 I'd give them at least a couple jingles in case it actually works.

#41 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

It was $120 for part of the day yesterday. I bought mine at 3:20 pm PT and quickly came over and posted in the Collectors guide thread that it had dropped to $120.  I believe it went up around 11:30pm  PT yesterday

#42 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

Has anyone tried to get a price adjustment to yesterday's $120 price? Seems like a long shot, but who knows.

#43 JoeCamNet

JoeCamNet

Broke ass loser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

Contacted Amazon support to ask why the item didn't show up as Prime eligible, he told me that when the item released it would automatically be upgraded to Prime shipping and then asked if I wanted to change my shipping from Standard to Two-Day. I told him only if I had his assurance that if the shipping didn't automatically upgrade to Prime, if I could get the shipping charge refunded. 

Instead of any hassles, he just gave me two day shipping at no charge, so it might pay off to contact support to see if they can help you out as well. 

Beats paying $13 for shipping if you're already a Prime member.

If you love video games and if you love music, you NEED to check out
Posted Image
And if you order the CD you can even rub your balls on it!

#44 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

Will this someday be worth something ? Quite the investment...

What a horrible way to live. Buy it to enjoy, not for a potential profit.

#45 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

What a horrible way to live. Buy it to enjoy, not for a potential profit.

The internet has made strategy guides obsolete and inefficient. I think potential profit is all that's left, and the joy of hoarding.

#46 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

Ignore this, double post..

#47 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

Well, for me, I genuinely love the Zelda games. I've been trying to pick up stuff I've missed out on, so this is a great win for me. Might not be an outrageous deal, but considering I had looked into these on eBay.,.this works much better for me. I'll scoop then up and be happy with my purchase.

#48 MR X

MR X

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

It should include all of the games at this price.

#49 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

Im pretty disappointed, three of the guides are for my least liked Zelda games.

collage8twitter_website41_zps568e62eb.jp

#50 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

Pssh, does not include new 3DS zelda not out yet, deal breaker.

#51 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

If I had the money, I so would jump on this as I don't have any of the guides anymore. Only had Twilight Princess and N64 Ocarina of Time guides at one time.

Kind of wish they'd sell the books individually.  I could go without the bookmark, the bookholder, and the certificate if the price was right.

#52 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

I mean, errr this is mostly just a "special" reprinting of a lot of these guides that they pretty much couldn't GIVE away before, besides the chest there really is nothing that warrants this price-tag for $153... This is pretty much a "Hey you guys bought all the Hyrule Historia so here is another limited* thing!" *Limited meaning "Hey this is limited, so buy this because WHO KNOWS... it MIGHT be super expensive and you could sell it on ebay!"

This is also how I feel about this box set.  While I absolutely love the Zelda series (and bought the Hyrule Historia), I'm not really interested in this set....especially at the huge price tag.  I'd be a bit more interested if these were various artbooks or something of the sort rather than guides.  But I'm happy for those that want this.  

#53 mva5580

mva5580

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

I'm not sure I'll bite at that price for those games, yet if it was double the price and included all the console Zelda games, I'd already have it preordered

#54 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

I got amazon to give me a $32 refund once it ships. Plus free 2 day shipping since I'm a prime member. Super YMMV

#55 canuckcollector

canuckcollector

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

http://www.amazon.co...f zelda box set

Way cheaper in amazon.co.uk, under $100 including shipping.

#56 airblade

airblade

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

http://www.amazon.co...f zelda box set

Way cheaper in amazon.co.uk, under $100 including shipping.

Actually its 115 USD

#57 shiftyfink

shiftyfink

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

I could be wrong on this, but nowhere does it say it is "hand signed".  It just says signed.... which could just mean it has his signature on it (mass produced photo copy on individually numbered certificates). 

#58 canuckcollector

canuckcollector

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

Actually its 115 USD

It was 55.49 pounds when I made my order. 

#59 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

sweet in for 40+ treasure chests

My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#60 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Contacted Amazon support to ask why the item didn't show up as Prime eligible, he told me that when the item released it would automatically be upgraded to Prime shipping and then asked if I wanted to change my shipping from Standard to Two-Day. I told him only if I had his assurance that if the shipping didn't automatically upgrade to Prime, if I could get the shipping charge refunded. 

Instead of any hassles, he just gave me two day shipping at no charge, so it might pay off to contact support to see if they can help you out as well. 

Beats paying $13 for shipping if you're already a Prime member.

just upped me to free oneday after contact said it was a site error causin it and now 30 dollar promo credit weeeeeeeeeeeeeee