Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers $29.99

50% OFF Strategy Guides

#2 redreflect

redreflect

Mr. Earthbound

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

I skip this week.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#3 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

When you click on the link of strategy guides, it takes you to guides that aren't even out yet. Can I preorder guides and possibly get Pokémon X or Y guide for $10?

#4 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

Also if you buy a 250GB 360, you get a copy of Skyrim Legendary for free.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#5 dmalvano

dmalvano

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Has anyone had any success getting half off on a guide? Every guide I've tried will only give me 10% off.

#6 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

Also if you buy a 250GB 360, you get a copy of Skyrim Legendary for free.

Which is the new design it seems.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7 Hydelloon

Hydelloon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Has anyone had any success getting half off on a guide? Every guide I've tried will only give me 10% off.

I picked up the one for Dishonored today at the store, with no issues.  Have not tried online.

#8 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Damn this summer lull. All the guides I want have already been marked out of the system, so it means about most of what I want will be overpriced.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#9 dmalvano

dmalvano

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

I picked up the one for Dishonored today at the store, with no issues.  Have not tried online.

Gotcha. I wonder if I can just order the one I want through the store without any hiccups then.

#10 kittenkya

kittenkya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Waiting for gamestop to have b2 g 1 free deal

My cats Tiger,Piper,Slycooper,Icky
hi my name is uwe boll Iam here to p*ss off all gamers

#11 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

Ooooo, I wouldn't mind getting the Wii U edition of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for $20. They put some custom modes in it that sounded like a lot of fun, but I didn't want to spend big just to have it on the Wii U. Might have to stop by GameStop after work.

#12 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

I may be in for Tekken, but still playing the piss out of MK...

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

#13 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

Considering grabbing Tekken for the U.

#14 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

Scored a used copy of Wii-U Tekken for $13.xx after b-day code hopefully I get a Wii-U before 2016 LOL I still don't have a Wii yet but I do have a nice little backlog.

#15 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:35 AM

weak sauce.

Posted Image

#16 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:01 AM

$21 for Ni no Kuni? With the 20% bday coupon + 10% edge savings isn't bad at all!

Glad I waited, Ni no kuni here I come!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#17 Flash Strife

Flash Strife

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:30 AM

Was mentioned before but 15% off at gamestop with code SLICk15 with free shipping on game or accessory orders 29.99 or more or 20% off with code SUMM3R on orders 69.99 or up. Can stack SUMM3R with SAVER for free shipping. Ni No Kuni comes out to $25.49 with that 15% off. Think that's the cheapest yet, no?

#18 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:09 AM

Was mentioned before but 15% off at gamestop with code SLICk15 with free shipping on game or accessory orders 29.99 or more or 20% off with code SUMM3R on orders 69.99 or up. Can stack SUMM3R with SAVER for free shipping. Ni No Kuni comes out to $25.49 with that 15% off. Think that's the cheapest yet, no?

It's $24.99 (regular price) at BB and they have a B2G1 going on.

#19 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

im going to use a pur 10$ off used game coupon along with the birthday one on ni no kuni. nows the time to play it before next gen begins :D
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#20 Flash Strife

Flash Strife

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

It's $24.99 (regular price) at BB and they have a B2G1 going on.

Shows 29.99 for me on the site, the pre-owned one is 24.99. Also the B2G1 is for pre-owned from what I see. How good are the used games there?

#21 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

Shows 29.99 for me on the site, the pre-owned one is 24.99. Also the B2G1 is for pre-owned from what I see. How good are the used games there?

Sorry about that, my mistake.  I thought you were talking about the pre-owned.  $25.xx is definitely solid value for a new copy.  With newer releases like Ni No Kuni, I think your chances of getting a complete used version at BB are probably very good.  BB resurfaces all of their used games, so the discs are all pristine, it's just the cover/manual you have to worry about.  Personally, I've had a very high rate of Like New/Complete games when ordering from BB (better than 8 out of 10) so I'd definitely recommend it if there are 3 games in that price range to make the B2G1 deal worth your while...

#22 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

tempted by the ni no kuni but I just doubt I'll ever find time to play it.

2ibzq5d.jpg

#23 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Oh man, $20 for Tekken U? I'm terrible at fighting games but I'm tempted to give it a pickup for shits/giggles.

oIi9lub.png

#24 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

I went ahead and grabbed Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U edition for $20. I'm house-sitting at the moment, so it will be a week or two before I actually get around to playing it though. For that price, I went ahead and got a new copy. (support the developer!)

I would have been tempted by Ni No Kuni, but I picked that up at launch. I've only played the first hour or so. Absolutely beautiful game, but exceedingly JRPG in execution. I enjoy the genre, but it is quite time-consuming. And time is at a bit of a premium these days. Just the price you pay for having a job.

#25 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

im going to use a pur 10$ off used game coupon along with the birthday one on ni no kuni. nows the time to play it before next gen begins :D

Is there a new birthday code? I've been looking but I haven't seen one. Also, you might not be able to combine those promos. I recall that happening to me in the past...

#26 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

just got ncaa 14 for 40 used was going to take it back but since the news broke that its the last might hang on to it 

I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#27 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Is there a new birthday code? I've been looking but I haven't seen one. Also, you might not be able to combine those promos. I recall that happening to me in the past...

you can most have done it 

I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#28 labrat34

labrat34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

i am a little surprised there is not more talk about the 50% off on all strategy guides. i am not big on them as they are usually too expensive, but i will buy one here or there if i can get it on sale for a game i will spend a lot of time on.

I am considering getting the guides for Resident Evil 6 ($5 with sale) and The Last of Us ($10 on sale).

Any recommendations on these or other guides?

#29 Hydelloon

Hydelloon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

i am a little surprised there is not more talk about the 50% off on all strategy guides. i am not big on them as they are usually too expensive, but i will buy one here or there if i can get it on sale for a game i will spend a lot of time on.

I am considering getting the guides for Resident Evil 6 ($5 with sale) and The Last of Us ($10 on sale).

Any recommendations on these or other guides?

I like the hard cover guides so ill be getting RE6 like that

#30 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

The 50% off guides should work instore right? Cause I finally found a GS with TLOU guide and asked him to check the price and he said $19.99. Im thinking he was too lazy to check but can anyone confirm?