Power Rangers Legacy - From MMPR to Megaforce 98(!) DVD Set: $650

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#31 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

you left out alien rangers. isnt that after MMPR but before Zeo? that could probably all fit on one disc as i dont think it had more than 1 season

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#32 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

Well while Red is the leader, the Green Ranger is 100% more iconic. I ask anyone about power rangers and their first instinct is Green or White Ranger. They had the distinction of having their own zords while the power rangers had smaller zords becoming one big one. Dragonzord was almost the same size as Megazord. And casual fans, those who caught smoe episodes and want to say they loved power rangers, always talka bout the green ranger. Not to mention the popularity JDF gets frmo being 5 rangers. If the other Rangers embraced their power rangers pride they too could be making a fortune off their 90 kids show fame.

So while this set is cool, the site seems to say its out december 3rd. No way would all mega force be on dvd and shipping by december 3rd. Did the show not last long? don't power rangers shows often go for a few seasons? This would indicate MegaForce only has like 2 seasons. If thats the case and its all there well then that is defintely a cool set. But if this sucker goes for like $400, no thanks. I'd pay half that. Otherwise, they're all streaming on Netflix right now. And if the 2 movies aren't included in this set then it's not complete also.

However, Red Ranger is the face of Season 1. It was used in the Super Legends product line, it was used as the promo figure in the last boxset, and the Zeo-Turbo boxset only used Red Rangers.

Megaforce is 2 seasons, something that all PR series will apparently do now that it is on Nickelodeon.

Fox would likely ask far too much to use their discs and it IS every episode made yet.

#33 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

you left out alien rangers. isnt that after MMPR but before Zeo? that could probably all fit on one disc as i dont think it had more than 1 season

I included it with Season 3 since Shout Factory did that with the box set.

#34 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:27 AM

I doubt it'll have Super Megaforce... I mean, it's due out at the end of this year and Megaforce has been in hiatus for so long... it's only aired seven episodes at this point...
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#35 NeoStrayCat

NeoStrayCat

Cat Person! :3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

Megaforce has been in hiatus for so long... it's only aired seven episodes at this point...

Actually 9, but yeah, dunno what's the holdup on the rest of the episodes (or pretty much the season at this point).

#36 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

I kinda doubt it matters much if it airs or not. The episodes themselves are either finished or almost finished filming and if Saban gave the OK to include them, there's not a lot Nickelodeon can do to oppose it.

A lot of this hinges on whether or not Shout Factory is making new discs for Samurai in their usual style or simply reusing Lionsgate's current releases.

#37 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

I kinda doubt it matters much if it airs or not. The episodes themselves are either finished or almost finished filming and if Saban gave the OK to include them, there's not a lot Nickelodeon can do to oppose it.

A lot of this hinges on whether or not Shout Factory is making new discs for Samurai in their usual style or simply reusing Lionsgate's current releases.

If you watch the youtube video I posted they said they are making their own discs instead of using Lionsgate's.

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#38 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt that Super Megaforce has been filmed - consindering it wasn't that long ago that the actors were just finding out who was and wasn't in for the reunions.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#39 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

If you watch the youtube video I posted they said they are making their own discs instead of using Lionsgate's.

Which means either Super Megaforce has been included or Shout Factory is stopping putting 8-10 episodes on each disc. Or Megaforce is its own 40 episode season separate from Super. You can't get to 98 discs otherwise.

#40 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

Which means either Super Megaforce has been included or Shout Factory is stopping putting 8-10 episodes on each disc. Or Megaforce is its own 40 episode season separate from Super. You can't get to 98 discs otherwise.

I have no idea, hahaha. I wish they were more specific about everything. Hopefully everything gets clarified soon.

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#41 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:40 AM

I need a price on this.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#42 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:42 AM

Did an estimate as to how many discs are for each series using current series as a guide.

MMPR S1: 6 discs
MMPR S2: 6 discs
MMPR S3: 5 discs
Zeo: 5 discs
Turbo: 5 discs
In Space: 5 discs
Lost Galaxy: 5 discs
Lightspeed Rescue: 5 discs
Time Force: 5 discs
Wild Force: 5 discs
Ninja Storm: 5 discs
DinoThunder: 5 discs
SPD: 4 discs
Mystic Force: 4 discs
Operation Overdrive: 4 discs
Jungle Fury: 4 discs
RPM: 4 discs
Samurai: 5 discs
Megaforce: 5 discs (assuming same # of episodes as Samurai)
Extras: 6 discs

The post-LSR episodes are tricky since most are around 40 episodes, which is the limit for 4 discs.

Unless they are re-using Lionsgate's singles for the first half of Samurai, this set will include both Megaforce and Super Megaforce.

Actually Shout Factory is making their own versions of Samurai,SS, and Megaforce exclusively for the Legacy Set.

#43 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

Megaforce should only be 2-3 discs since it'll only have 20 episodes and not 40 like Samurai/Super Samurai.

Also, should we assume the god-awful MMPR "remaster" won't appear on this?

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#44 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

I also wish this was a Green Ranger helmet. =/

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#45 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

http://www.tvshowson...sons-8-12/18794

Lightspeed Rescue-DinoThunder box set "announced." $175 normal price but DVD Empire has it for $115.

#46 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

Actually Shout Factory is making their own versions of Samurai,SS, and Megaforce exclusively for the Legacy Set.

I wonder if they're going to put in the holiday episodes and the Samurai/RPM teamup, since Lionsgate decided they each needed their own individual (ripoff) releases.

Also, should we assume the god-awful MMPR "remaster" won't appear on this?

I would be shocked if that made it on here.

http://www.tvshowson...sons-8-12/18794

Lightspeed Rescue-DinoThunder box set "announced." $175 normal price but DVD Empire has it for $115.

Hmm...definitely need a price on the helmet now. I've already got the first Mega Set, but I've got a friend offering to buy it off of me.

Posted Image

#47 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

Well, the MMPR boxset is $120 MSRP, while the Zeo-Lost Galaxy set is $130. Add that with the $175 and we get $425. And that is missing the Kalish seasons, RPM, Samurai, and Megaforce. I would add another $200-$250 for those seasons, plus maybe another $50 or so for the bonus discs and helmet, making my final estimate around $675-$725 MSRP for the Legacy Set.

#48 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

Well, the MMPR boxset is $120 MSRP, while the Zeo-Lost Galaxy set is $130. Add that with the $175 and we get $425. And that is missing the Kalish seasons, RPM, Samurai, and Megaforce. I would add another $200-$250 for those seasons, plus maybe another $50 or so for the bonus discs and helmet, making my final estimate around $675-$725 MSRP for the Legacy Set.

Yeah, I think they'll have the MSRP at $699, but sell it for $499. Just a hunch, but who knows. I just know it's going to be expensive!

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#49 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

http://www.shoutfact...errangerslegacy

For those interested in knowing when it'll be available for preorder this is the signup sheet for it.

#50 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

http://www.shoutfact...errangerslegacy

For those interested in knowing when it'll be available for preorder this is the signup sheet for it.

Can't seem to get that to load... or shoutfactory.com at all for that matter.

MLIFTgM.gif

#51 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:03 AM

Can't seem to get that to load... or shoutfactory.com at all for that matter.

http://downforeveryo...houtfactory.com

^good website for when you can't get a site to load shorthand is isup.me

#52 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

http://www.tvshowson...sons-8-12/18831

Lightspeed-DinoThunder officially announced with box art. Neat picture, but having Zeo V and Red Ranger there is very odd.

Shout Factory is also splitting up Zeo into two volumes. Another reason to get the box sets.

#53 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

http://www.tvshowson...sons-8-12/18865

Formal press release with an extras listing. A little surprising, but it's nice to see an entire featurette dedicated to the Titanium Ranger.

#54 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:07 AM

http://www.tvshowson...sons-8-12/18831

Lightspeed-DinoThunder officially announced with box art. Neat picture, but having Zeo V and Red Ranger there is very odd.

Forever Red, maybe?

#55 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

http://www.tvshowson...-20-Years/18931

Pricing revealed: $650. Slightly less than my estimate.

#56 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

I guessed $699 MSRP, lol. 

Formerly aTaRiFrEaK223

#57 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

So want but not at $650. Too poor for that.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#58 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

This will be mine if i can jump in that 2000 block.

#59 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

So is anybody else down for this positively? or am I solo :(

#60 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

Got one preordered today who else gonna be getting one with me when it drops?