Power Rangers Legacy - From MMPR to Megaforce 98(!) DVD Set: $650

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#91 ProphetZero

ProphetZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

Anyone acutally buying this has to be single, loaded, or a spouse that is going to hate them for a while lol.

#92 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

^THAT...looks fantastic. :applause: :lol:

Okay, I found myself laughing a bit from watching those clips...

http://www.presstartoplay.com/ <- Press Start to Play, a new gaming website with a collective of gamers bringing you live streams, reviews, giveaways, and that good old feeling of enjoying video games. I am giving them a chance. Why aren't you guys? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch and even donate to the cause! 

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#93 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

Anyone acutally buying this has to be single, loaded, or a spouse that is going to hate them for a while lol.

Or buying this FOR his wife...(exception to the rule am I?)

#94 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

Question...as someone who enjoyed Power Rangers until the end of Lost Galaxy and fell from watching it after that point, are Dino Thunder and RPM recommended watches before the new season comes with all of its guest-star goodness?

Sadly, neither season will be represented in Super Megaforce, as the only Disney-era Ranger returning is Casey, the Jungle Fury Red Ranger. Saban really does not like the Disney seasons.

Here's a little pro and con rundown of the Disney seasons:

Ninja Storm:
Pro: Unique concept, different costumes, some decent lampshade hanging, a different and nice Battilizer, anything and everything to do with Cam.
Con: The music is all kinds of bad, the extreme sports seem tacked on, emphasis on comedy over drama, Blake had no personality, most everything having to do with Sensei, Lothor, Lothor, and Lothor. Also, the Zords are pretty meh.

DinoThunder:
Pro: Strong cast, return of Tommy, great White Ranger costume, excellent villains, great theme and music, fun dialog, great team up episodes.
Cons: Ending is pretty meh, the main Ranger suits are bland, Jason David Frank missing for half the season, true introduction of civilian powers, the White Ranger storyline being bumbled near the end, Red Ranger Conner gets a million power ups.

SPD:
Pro: Good premise, decent villains, great mentor, nice suits, fun Zord battles, interesting character dynamics, A Squad.
Cons: Kalishspolions, a lot of background info is missing, the team up episodes sucked, pretty much anything and everything to do with Sam the Omega Ranger.

Mystic Force:
Pro: Good costumes, trying something different, Xander.
Con: Nick steals the show for no reason and is arguably the worst Red Ranger, the story concerns the secondary characters so much the Power Rangers feel like guest stars, doesn't keep the Sentai spells consistent, the horrible theme

Operation Overdrive:
Pro: the "Once a Ranger" 15th Anniversary special, the Ranger suits are nice, "Once a Ranger," the revelation about one of the Rangers, and "Once a Ranger.
Con: Everything else. Plus, the Black Ranger gained the wrath of the fanbase at the last Power Morphicon

Jungle Fury:
Pro: Good-to-great cast, strong characterization, excellent fights, good music
Con: Story is bland, costumes are meh, Fran never morphed

RPM:
Pro: Excellent cast, excellent writing, actually funny, gives explanations to regular PR tropes, a Scottish Ranger, good villains, tragic back stories for everyone
Cons: Some of the fights can be a letdown, the mook soldiers are pathetic, the final fight could have been better

If you don't mind spoilers, Linkara has reviews of all the seasons up to Mystic Force in his History of Power Rangers features.

#95 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:06 AM

DVD Planet has Season 13-17 Boxset up for prr-order for $93.36. Not as cheap as when it was first at Amazon, but cheaper now.

http://www.dvdplanet...s-13-17_2746141

#96 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

Do the released ones ever go on sale on Amazon (ala' their price cuts that last for like a day or two that you see by adding them to the cart then checking every once in awhile)? I just need the Seasons 4-7 set but am in no rush to get it so if I can get it a bit cheaper at some point would rather do that.

#97 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:07 AM

The current price on Amazon is more or less the cheapest its been. Makes me kinda sad that I bought the initial bundle for $220. Not that it wasn't worth it.

Another RPM clip:

#98 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:54 AM

Almost forgot. Legacy set unboxing:

#99 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:09 AM

Still waiting for Linkara's next video. I hoped he would get 2 videos out each year for a while, but I am content to believe its only once a year. 

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#100 NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s

It's Gucci! BURR!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

This deal is ridiuculous. Like seriously, I love PR, but no one would have enough time to watch all of these, even if they are unemployed and go on a drinking binge!

#101 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

If you devote an off day or two to watching it it goes by really quick, especially once you get past Turbo.

#102 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

theres plenty of time to watch them as each episode is roughy 20-22 minutes long lol. thats 3 episodes in a little more than an hour. watch 3 a day and it will go by quick
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#103 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

Plus, the seasons get shorter and shorter as they go along. Once Disney took over each season was only 32 episodes.

#104 NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s

It's Gucci! BURR!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

3 a day. It would still take over a YEAR even if you did that. -_-

#105 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

I can usually slam through one season per week. During off days I can get through 3-4 discs.

The hardest seasons to slam through are MMPR Seasons 1 and 2 and Zeo, since they're so freaking long.

Still no different than slamming through other long runners like Stargate, Star Trek, or CSI.

#106 NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s

It's Gucci! BURR!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

How old are you? O.O

#107 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

30. Why?

#108 NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s

It's Gucci! BURR!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

Does your wife get mad when you watch Power Rangers all the time instead of spend time with her?

#109 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

If anybody is looking for the MMPR box set, GoHastings has a used one in stock that is normally priced $86 but can be lowered to $51 if you buy 3 other Used items and use the code SERENITYNOW.

#110 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

Got my Season 13-17 set in and it looks as cool as the previous sets. The 3 Spirit Rangers don't get a mention in the booklet though.

One odd thing is that the RPM set does not have the standard group posing team shot like every other set has. Instead, the main five Rangers are standing there looking up at something. Not sure why they couldn't do a brand new shot like they did with MMPR.

#111 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

No new deals or anything, I just wanted an excuse to post this: