Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Extra Life Gaming Charity Event - Team CAG Play Games! Help Kids!

Extra LIfe Gaming Charity Prizes Contests CAG Sony Xbox360 Xbox1 PS4

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#61 SpaceGhost2K

SpaceGhost2K

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

Hey, everyone. Spacey here.

I have a deal to make with you.

I'm in Bakersfield, CA, and students at CSUB are organizing a huge event. 50 consoles, 700 games (at this point), board games, card games, tabletop games. Retro machines (Atari Jaguar?), Xbox Steel Battalion, dedicated ACIV Black Flag machine, Guinness world record holder Carrie Swidecki (49 hours of "Just Dance" on Xbox). Free dinner from Panda Express, free lunch from Jersey Mike's Subs, free snacks and drinks from WalMart and Coca-Cola. Over a dozen tournaments: shooters (Halo 4, CoD:BOII, CoD:Ghosts), Sports (Madden 25, FIFA '14, NBA 2K14), Fighting (MvC, SF, Injustice, Skullgirls, TTT2 - livestreamed over twitch.tv), Nintendo (SSB and MK), Magic the Gathering, Kaijudo, Warhammer 40K, Warmachine and Heroclix.

It's gonna be kinda nuts.

We're doing ours on November 9th because there's another event in Bako on the 2nd. It's 10 AM to 10 PM in the CSUB Student Union.

Here's the deal.

You don't have to join Team CSU Bakersfield to participate in our event. You can join Team CAG. But you DO have to choose "Bakersfield Memorial Hospital" as the recipient of your fundraising - which you would do anyway, if you're in the area, right? And you have to raise at least $20. That's our cutoff to get in the doors.

There's also a parking fee of $5 on campus. Sucks, I know. Believe me, I know.

So - join Team CAG or Team CSU Bakersfield. Choose Bakersfield Memorial. Raise $20. You're in.

Every $10 you raise gets you a ticket that you can put toward a number of door prizes.

Come in cosplay, get an extra ticket.

Raise $100, and you get a special ticket into a drawing for an Xbox One worth $500.

We also have some pretty awesome prizes for some of our tournaments, including Turtle Beach Headsets worth $199 and $279. We'll also have some silent auction items, and some smaller items you can get with just a donation (no need to "win" them).

Blizzard has donated an additional $20,000 to go to the hospital that has the biggest growth over last year. Last year, our hospital had $5554 in donations. Our team is trying to raise $12,500, hoping to break $15K for all of Bakersfield. We think that might actually do it.

There's more info here: www.campusgamers.net.

There's a link there to the registration page.

There's also a link there to our email address if you have questions.

You guys are doing great!

EDIT: Here's a link to all the games that will be there (and those we hope will be there): LINK

#62 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

That event sounds interesting, but you probably won't get too many CAG's to support that hospital by posting just in this thread. Maybe consider making a thread in the regional forum or elsewhere to garner more interest and awareness of the event.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#63 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Sounds like a great event, but yeah Obsidian is spot on. I throw it up in the regional threads, and in the Contest & Free threads so people are aware.

fs_overall.png

#64 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Got a prize pack from NISAmerica.

10251494395_5d2da6016f_n.jpg
Donations from NISAmerica by whcarpent, on Flickr

fs_overall.png

#65 SpaceGhost2K

SpaceGhost2K

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

NIS is amazing. They gave us some great stuff for an event earlier this year.

#66 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Yeah this the second year they helped us out. Last year a lot more game devs/publishers helped out.

fs_overall.png

#67 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hi all. I am late to the party, Richter.   :bouncy:

I haven't joined any teams yet, but I am aware of ObsidianSpire's team as well as the PlayStation Movement. Is it possible to join both?  It looks like I was able to join the PS Movement and can email Extra Life or contact their live chat support to join the CAG team once I've decided to :)

I plan to livestream my 25 hours. In the morning I'll play some GTA or such...  Later, I might have a friend or two over while we play and finish Army of Two, play You Don't Know Jack. Once it gets late I'll probably switch over to single player games and some multiplayer games (I have both PS3 and 360, also WiiU too).

I haven't joined any team yet, and am realizing (from the posts) what a great idea the raffles are, too :)

Twitch LiveStreams at: www.twitch.tv/wongJP

Extra Life 2014 is coming: http://bit.ly/1nUR6fk

#68 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

Glad to have you on board, wongjp. We should consider putting a section in the first post to cover gamertags, Twitch usernames, etc. for everyone who wants some company during their marathon.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

#69 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Thanks, Obsidian. Sounds like a great idea (for the first post). I can provide my info if that happens! Looks like I'm part of the team now.

#70 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

The developers at Tripwire Interactive donated 12 signed copies of Red Orchestra 2 a while back, and I think either 8 or 9 were given away in the first contest I ran for them.  So I have at least 3 if not 4 copies leftover. I've contacted a couple members of Team CAG about their interest in the remaining signed copies of Red Orchestra 2, but would like to extend the chance to everyone on the team. One thing to note is I also offered a similar option to members of the Tripwire Interactive forums, so these copies shouldn't last too long.

Are any members of Team CAG interested in taking one of the remaining copies?  I do have some requirements for someone to be eligible.

1. They have to have raised at least $20 for Extra Life during this year's campaign or donated some of their own money to an Extra Life campaign (minimum of $10?). I will require proof of donation.

2. One copy per CAG

3. Would prefer each copy went to people who actually want it for themselves or their collection, but if you know a really hardcore RO2 fan who would love this or something similar it's okay to pass along.

If you meet those requirements, please send me a PM.  I won't be doing a first come first serve approach, but I will probably look at all the emails tomorrow and raffle them off if I have more people interested than the remaining amount.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

#71 Trueblade

Trueblade

Listen to my heartbeat, it's beating for you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

Hey every one!

I recently registered and have joined your team. I hope to raise a good amount to help support this great cause.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Help me reach my fundraising goal! Click on the image to donate!

Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!

#72 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

For those of you who plan to livestream your marathon, I'd like to suggest loading up any/all your games (that you plan to play on gaming day). Do this so you don't have to sit through title updates on the 360 and especially the PS3 & WiiU... PC even (Payday 2 updates have been hefty)! :)

#73 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

Just got the email and thought I would pop in to say hi to everyone else on team CAG. I haven't raised that much but hopefully I can get a little more before november.

CrimsonStorm3.png

#74 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

While you guys mentioned raffles for Team participants, I also thought about having a raffle or two for my donors. What do you think of this? I am considering things like Steam codes for popular games (that I have, unclaimed) and some of those PlayStation Movement rewards as well.

#75 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Well the raffles I'm having are for team members that have raised $40 or more dollars for their hospital. The reason I implemented this and suggested it to Obsidian because we have people who will join, but not raise any money. In all honesty, I'm sure someone can at least raise $5, no reason for $0. Plus these folks would still walk away with prizes though they did nothing to help the cause, so it is unfair for those that did raise money by contacting family and friends to donate even $1, or help sponsor by doing a bake sale and taking the proceeds and depositting them.

fs_overall.png

#76 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

Well the raffles I'm having are for team members that have raised $40 or more dollars for their hospital. The reason I implemented this and suggested it to Obsidian because we have people who will join, but not raise any money. In all honesty, I'm sure someone can at least raise $5, no reason for $0. Plus these folks would still walk away with prizes though they did nothing to help the cause, so it is unfair for those that did raise money by contacting family and friends to donate even $1, or help sponsor by doing a bake sale and taking the proceeds and depositting them.

Makes total sense, frostybroc!  I mentioned this to a friend of mine at Aksys Games, and I *might* be in touch with them soon to add something to your raffle prize pots :)

#77 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:37 AM

I agree with Frosty and I'm going to be implementing a similar minimum in all my Team raffles, but the amount will change to represent the value of the prize. I.E. $20 raised to be eligible for a Red Orchestra 2 copy and maybe $5 or 10 raised to pick a code from my spreadsheet of Steam/PC games. 

I will try to email a few more companies soon, but I've been busy working on projects for school. It's a little hectic this semester, but I've got a bunch of cool game projects playable, so the time invested is paying off. :D

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

#78 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

Just wanted to check in here. I have been on the Team CAG since a week or so ago and have raised $326 and counting. We combined the team created by Usuyami within the Gamesharing thread. So great to see everything that you guys are doing here. I am #4 on our team right now but I am still pushing to try and get higher. 

I am not livestreaming or anything like that but I will be playing on the 2nd if anyone would like to arrange some games to play co-op.

sumderek.png

New List of Games for Sale http://www.cheapassg...-credit-paypal/

#79 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

I have both 360 and PS3 for multiplayer or co op gaming, Boosted! This is my first year to do the Extra Life marathon, and it's nice to be part of a team and help in reaching the team goal, too.

A sample of what I own for 360 multiplayer games: Gears of War 1,2,3. Halo: Reach, Halo 3 (re-aqcuired thanks to Games with Gold Promotion this week), Halo 4, Max Payne 3, GTA V/Online, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Dead or Alive 5, NFS Most Wanted, Saints Row 1-4, You Don't Know Jack. By the way, I am TERRIBLE at fighting games, so anyone else already has the advantage and I can just get my arse kicked :)

My twitch page is over at www.twitch.tv/wongJP :) Gamertag on XBL: "Akiba Decker". PSN is "AkibaDecker".

#80 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Looks like I might stick to BF4 and FFXIV this year. I may put in some Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate as well.

fs_overall.png

#81 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

I'll be playing games on a bunch of systems on the 2nd. if anyone wants to group up just send me a friend invite.

Xbox 360

Charlie Murder

GTA Online

Gears of War Judgement

PS3

PS All Stars

LBP 2

PC

Terraria 

Star Wars the Old Republic

Awesomenauts 

524190.png

#82 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

I just sent a request via Xbox Live, Sinfulfate :)  I think it'll be good to add you guys, especially during the midnight through next morning portion of the marathon.

In previous years, have you had an energy drink or two to keep awake?  I should be fine, but some prep will be good

#83 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Good Blog Post from Extra Life, please pass it along.

http://blog.extra-li...of-awesome.html

Dropped $5 in someone's empty account today.

fs_overall.png

#84 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Good Blog Post from Extra Life, please pass it along.

http://blog.extra-li...of-awesome.html

Dropped $5 in someone's empty account today.

Same here, except it was a person on [CAG] Cheap ass Gamer!

#85 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

Re: random acts of kindness- I just did the same for another member of Team CAG. :)  I'm really not sure what games I'm going to play yet.  I might be playing with a bunch of friends at my college, but I'd either be limited to Steam games or have to bring one of my consoles for most of the games I would want to play.  I guess I can use cloud saves to get around bringing my console, but it might just be easier to bring it in since I have a bunch of downloadable titles too.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

#86 leprekon666

leprekon666

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Ill be playing
xbox
GTA 5 Sp & mp

Ps3
LBP2
the last of us
as have to start beyond:two souls.

So hit me up if your down for some mp.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#87 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

Alright guys, going broke over here. Added prizes for :wiiu: and :3ds:

Sorry :360: Owners.

Let's reach our goal!

fs_overall.png

#88 mrsachmo

mrsachmo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

just saw your total...way to go, folks! I'll keep an eye on how things are going for you on the 2nd...in between games, of course. This year I'm determined to try to interact with others more, because it sure gets loney around 1am on Sunday morning. :)

Extra-Life 2013 is up and running! Sign up to play games for 24 25 hours on November 2nd, 2013 and raise money for Children's Miracle Network hospitals!

www.extra-life.org

#89 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

I'm planning to have a prize raffle (maybe 2 or 3 during the marathon). In addition to setting a minimum donation amount to be automatically included in a raffle, how would you award the prizes?  Mine would be in the form of Steam keys, PSN game codes and maybe some boxed copies of games.  When a winner is picked at random for one raffle, would it sound best to just let that person choose? Some of the donors might not even be gamers, so I'm wondering if I should contact donors ahead of time and ask if they even want to be included in the raffle before the marathon. Please advise :)

#90 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

I'm planning to have a prize raffle (maybe 2 or 3 during the marathon). In addition to setting a minimum donation amount to be automatically included in a raffle, how would you award the prizes?  Mine would be in the form of Steam keys, PSN game codes and maybe some boxed copies of games.  When a winner is picked at random for one raffle, would it sound best to just let that person choose? Some of the donors might not even be gamers, so I'm wondering if I should contact donors ahead of time and ask if they even want to be included in the raffle before the marathon. Please advise :)

Who are you making eligible to win? Just the current CAG team members who donated over a certain amount? If that is the case then you need to look at how many people will be eligible. If it is only for people that donated "x amount" to you then you might still have a very small available list if people to give prizes away to. I am just bringing it up is all. I think everything that people are doing is great. I am still pushing for more right now. I also need to submit the check I received for $50.00 so it will actually post on my account.

sumderek.png

New List of Games for Sale http://www.cheapassg...-credit-paypal/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Extra LIfe, Gaming, Charity, Prizes, Contests, CAG, Sony, Xbox360, Xbox1, PS4