Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Extra Life Gaming Charity Event - Team CAG Play Games! Help Kids!

Extra LIfe Gaming Charity Prizes Contests CAG Sony Xbox360 Xbox1 PS4

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#91 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Who are you making eligible to win? Just the current CAG team members who donated over a certain amount? If that is the case then you need to look at how many people will be eligible. If it is only for people that donated "x amount" to you then you might still have a very small available list if people to give prizes away to. I am just bringing it up is all. I think everything that people are doing is great. I am still pushing for more right now. I also need to submit the check I received for $50.00 so it will actually post on my account.

Hi Boosted, my original thought was having my donors as part of the raffle.  Of the donations I've received, about 15 of them are eligible for raffle prizes right now if a minimum was, say, $25.00.

Twitch LiveStreams at: www.twitch.tv/wongJP

Extra Life 2013 gaming marathon was a success! For the Kids!

#92 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

Hi Boosted, my original thought was having my donors as part of the raffle.  Of the donations I've received, about 15 of them are eligible for raffle prizes right now if a minimum was, say, $25.00.

Wow, way to go. Most of my donors are family so they really wouldn't care about getting a video game. :D

sumderek.png

New List of Games for Sale http://www.cheapassg...-credit-paypal/

#93 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

Contacting the donors ahead of time should be fine and eliminate unnecessary wait times.  One thing I tried last year was having a couple of different prize levels corresponding to the amount donated.  So I had a set of 30 digital items at <$5, 20 items <$10, etc. If you do choose to try that, I'd recommend clear and concise formatting to show the different tier prizes and required donation amounts.

As for having them choose as they win, that will require some form of communication to confirm who wants what. This means the prize draw results can be delayed quite a bit if one winner takes a while, so keep that in mind.  But in general I find that the raffle winners appreciate being able to choose their prizes themselves.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#94 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

Wow, way to go. Most of my donors are family so they really wouldn't care about getting a video game. :D

Thanks :) Well, many of my donors may not be gamers also :P

Contacting the donors ahead of time should be fine and eliminate unnecessary wait times.  One thing I tried last year was having a couple of different prize levels corresponding to the amount donated.  So I had a set of 30 digital items at <$5, 20 items <$10, etc. If you do choose to try that, I'd recommend clear and concise formatting to show the different tier prizes and required donation amounts.

As for having them choose as they win, that will require some form of communication to confirm who wants what. This means the prize draw results can be delayed quite a bit if one winner takes a while, so keep that in mind.  But in general I find that the raffle winners appreciate being able to choose their prizes themselves.

The tiers sound pretty cool, actually. Thanks for the tip! I think there would indeed be a delay. For example, some folks might not get back to me on marathon day and might even respond a day or two later. Though I think that'd be alright.... I'd just draw donors names from a pot and take it from there. Prizes in those specific tiers would be first-come, first-serve then perhaps...

#95 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Due to Life, I have to hold the raffle sooner, and here are the winners:

James Wong

Burnicus aka john m

Nick Varasse

Steve MArino

Derek Summers

Ed Chang

Jason Ho

Matt Michael

Get in touch with me here ASAP so I can ship the prizes. As for James Wong, get at me ASAP so you can choose your prize!

fs_overall.png

#96 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Also if you need an Random Generator, here is a link with a formula to set one up in Excel. Pretty easy.

http://www.extendoff...s-randomly.html

fs_overall.png

#97 burnicus

burnicus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

dope. .set me up with the NIS Package.

#98 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Just PM'd you, frostybroc :)

#99 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

Count me in.  Just sent a message to support to add me to the team.

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#100 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

Damn dropped to 5th place in the group.  Contacted few of our venders and got an additional 20 and think that's all I can do for the group.  Already sold my surplus of PS+ and Live cards to raise little over 200 and got my order for the t shirt.  So what games are people going to play on the 2nd?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#101 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:59 AM

BF4 :pc:, FFXIV:ARR :pc:, Windwaker :wiiu:, Ultimate Monster Hunter 3 :wiiu:

fs_overall.png

#102 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Sorry for the late addition there is a pair of Skullcandy Navigators up for grabs as well. What isn't claimed by the winner list I will hold a second raffle for those who did not win on the 2nd.

fs_overall.png

#103 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm all setup for our event tomorrow. We will be playing on 360 (gt: commandercody83), Wii, and N64.

We made our goal of $500!

Pumped beyond belief!

#104 mrsachmo

mrsachmo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Extra Life made CNN! First major outlet to feature this wonderful charity!

http://edition.cnn.c...rity/index.html

Extra-Life 2013 is up and running! Sign up to play games for 24 25 hours on November 2nd, 2013 and raise money for Children's Miracle Network hospitals!

www.extra-life.org

#105 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

Extra Life made CNN! First major outlet to feature this wonderful charity!

http://edition.cnn.c...rity/index.html

Saw that and RT'd it for good measure!

#106 mrsachmo

mrsachmo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

wow, over 4 grand. you guys are awesome! remember, this is the week you will probably get the most donations, so keep pushing! 

Extra-Life 2013 is up and running! Sign up to play games for 24 25 hours on November 2nd, 2013 and raise money for Children's Miracle Network hospitals!

www.extra-life.org

#107 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

I have to announce my raffle prizes to donors and put it on my page as well early this week (I'm back in town tomorrow), so I can hope to get more donations!

Woohoo on reaching the goal!

#108 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Just reached my silver medal. One big push this week towards a gold medal at $1000.00. I don't know if I will make it but I am gonna try. I encourage everyone to make one final push this week. Keep up the great work and let's plan to go even bigger for next year.

sumderek.png

#109 mrsachmo

mrsachmo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

Just reached my silver medal. One big push this week towards a gold medal at $1000.00. I don't know if I will make it but I am gonna try. I encourage everyone to make one final push this week. Keep up the great work and let's plan to go even bigger for next year.

Yes, next year is going to be great. In Dallas we have a CMN Ambassador and she has been invaluable in getting things organized here. We're going to take the model used in Boston, where they have raised almost 75k.

www.extra-life.org

#110 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

I really want to organize more for next year. We basically found out about this 3 weeks ago. I know that I can do more if I have more time. I want to include some organized events. I think there needs to be group formed that can try to make a concerted effort towards this. I appreciate everyone's efforts and don't mean to step on anyone's toes. Maybe there is already a core group of organizational members. If there is then I would like to be able to join them. If there is not then I would like to begin a lengthy conversation with other members about how to push this to be larger for next year.

If you are in or are interested in becoming a organizing member please post so and we will begin brainstorming after we have all completed our goals for 2013.

Keep up the great work.

sumderek.png

#111 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

Just received my Extra Life T-Shirt today. I was happy, it looks great.

sumderek.png

#112 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

I agree, the tshirt looks good!

The marathon is coming! I need to sleep better this week so I am not easily tired on Saturday morning.

#113 mrsachmo

mrsachmo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

for anyone new to extra life, make sure you blast your social media contacts this week. read the extra life blog and post stats. beg. plead. the average per person is about $150, so everything above that is gravy, but you should make your most cash this week. I think the most inspiration came during year one when I was sitting there at 2am after having raised $75. $3 an hour hurt. :)

www.extra-life.org

#114 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

Everyone has been doing a great job on raising for Extra Life. We are currently more than $500 beyond the original goal of $4000.00 and the numbers keep rising. I am going to get that Gold Medal on my first year and I plan to get it every year from here on out. I encourage everyone to keep up the great work. Aim for $50.00, $100.00, the T-Shirt, Silver or Gold Medal. Just remember to set you goal high and you never know what you can achieve.

sumderek.png

#115 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

HI guys, I know it's not much but I've received 5 PC/Windows copies of "Alpha Protocol" that I'd like to mail to the top donors. I met up with an ex-Obsidian friend, and he donated the extra copies to me after he heard about my Extra Life run. I can probably mail them out next week.  If the five guys below could get back to me (via Private Message) with your mailing address, I'd like to send you a copy. If for any reason you don't want a copy, please PM me still so I can draw another name from the Team CAG list. Thanks!

ObsidianSpire

Michael Thompson

Steven Chapman

Jason Ho

Edward Chang

I drew these names from a hat, in case people were wondering. The only criteria I set was that the donor received at least $30 in donations. Thanks again!

------

Also, I've updated my fundraising page with raffle prizes for donors.  I plan to do the raffle after the marathon is over, so that anyone can donate before or during the marathon to be entered to win, too.

http://www.extra-lif...icipantID=53269

#116 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

I just joined the Team CAG group! I've pledged to Extra Life participants in the past, but never tried it myself until this year. I'm gonna try streaming some of my gaming on Twitch.tv too. Thanks for allowing me to join the team!

http://www.extra-lif...icipantID=66351

#117 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

I just joined the Team CAG group! I've pledged to Extra Life participants in the past, but never tried it myself until this year. I'm gonna try streaming some of my gaming on Twitch.tv too. Thanks for allowing me to join the team!

http://www.extra-lif...icipantID=66351

Congratulations for joining. It is great to have more people on board. :applause:

I have been trailing wongjp for a long time now. I am closing the gap but it will be a very tight race at the end. I only say this because I have a competitive nature and enjoy trying to play catch up with others. He has set a very high bar that made me inch and claw my way towards the top. I am going to need to build up a lead because I am sure the he will do great during the 25 hour marathon in a couple of days. Keep up the great work but know that I am coming for the top spot. :D

sumderek.png

#118 mrsachmo

mrsachmo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Congratulations for joining. It is great to have more people on board. :applause:

I have been trailing wongjp for a long time now. I am closing the gap but it will be a very tight race at the end. I only say this because I have a competitive nature and enjoy trying to play catch up with others. He has set a very high bar that made me inch and claw my way towards the top. I am going to need to build up a lead because I am sure the he will do great during the 25 hour marathon in a couple of days. Keep up the great work but know that I am coming for the top spot. :D

competition is great! go get 'em! more money for the kids!

www.extra-life.org

#119 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

So it is YOU! :D It's like the ridiculous race in very first Fast & Furious movie. I might have pushed NOS too soon...

I have a feeling you will get more donations in the next few days than I. :)  Fundraising for this event has turned out to be pretty fun/interesting, and I like the competition too. 

Download your title updates and charge all your peripherals! Just a few more days :)

#120 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

...Download your title updates and charge all your peripherals...

Oh my god, you are a genius. All my streaming stuff (mouse, keyboard, controllers) relies on rechargeable batteries and I know they would have died on me. Thanks!