91hKMut1bXL._SL1500_.jpg

Blu-Ray $300.99
http://www.amazon.co...complete series

61bIq9I4nLL._SL1194_.jpg

Blu-Ray Amazon Exclusive Set $381.49

DVD $244.99

While I love both...I think I prefer the "standard" box-set.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#2 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

Murder boner
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#3 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

I'd like to sell my existing Dexter Blu-Rays for the standard set, but Christ that's expensive...

76561197977061647.png

#4 gueeds

gueeds

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:31 AM

As much as I love Dexter, I found the series to be pretty much watch once and move on so I never bothered with the season sets. But that fake blood slide set is pulling me to get it.

#5 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

I want that blood slides set. But that is indeed a LOT of money.

Posted Image

#6 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

That's what I get for buying some of the seasons individually, should of known dicks who don't put any special features on individual releases, would put out special features only on a disc included with the complete series set.

Guardian_owl.png

#7 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

That blood slide box is awesome! The price is not. I will hold off.

#8 airblade

airblade

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:04 AM

Fuck those prices

#9 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:24 AM

So amazon doesnt charge till it ships right......

Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#10 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

Divide the cost by 8 and then check CamelCamelCamel.com to see how cheap the individual season set prices have been.  That will figure out the cost of the "special edition" packaging, as that's the difference in price.

#11 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

A few years from now when this set is super cheap somewhere, I'll finally check out the series.

MPaullin.png

Trophies are dumb. Take a look at all of mine.

#12 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

Eh with the major decline in quality after season 4 it would be hard to justify this. The price further confirms that

Formerly known as slickkill77

#13 gueeds

gueeds

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

Eh with the major decline in quality after season 4 it would be hard to justify this. The price further confirms that

5 and 6 have a hard drop off, yes. Not 7. Can't yet comment on 8.

#14 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

5 is decent, and it's not the writers fault that it isn't better, the end of Season 4 pretty much blew up foundation of the show so they had to spend most of season 5 piecing it back together. I find it was better with a second viewing as I rewatched it prior to the start of season 6. I make no apologies for Season 6, the season long arc is just bad. It's especially disappointing since the end of Season 5 gave the writers the freedom to start however they wanted, a courtesy not extended to Season 5. Season 7 is up there as one of, if not the, best seasons of the show. Season 8 is going ok so far, it's hard to judge as it's only 4 episodes in.

Guardian_owl.png

#15 booni3

booni3

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

Those prices are nuts! 

Like New PS Vita Wi-Fi Bundle w/ 16GB Memory Card, Charger, Box, Travel Pouch and Mortal Kombat - $250 (obo) shipped.SOLD!

Like New 3DS Bundle/ 4GB Memory Card, Charger, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Monster 4X4 - $160 obo SOLD! 

#16 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

5 is decent, and it's not the writers fault that it isn't better, the end of Season 4 pretty much blew up foundation of the show so they had to spend most of season 5 piecing it back together. I find it was better with a second viewing as I rewatched it prior to the start of season 6. I make no apologies for Season 6, the season long arc is just bad. It's especially disappointing since the end of Season 5 gave the writers the freedom to start however they wanted, a courtesy not extended to Season 5. Season 7 is up there as one of, if not the, best seasons of the show. Season 8 is going ok so far, it's hard to judge as it's only 4 episodes in.

I agree with everything you just said. I think the show is still going strongly, thanks to season 7 being possibly the best season of the show in every aspect. Season 6 wasn't terrible, just strange. Season 5 is the only season that I've only seen once, I think I need to give it another shot. I just remember it being boring, and I didn't care for Julia Stiles' character.

Season 8 is good so far, but it's hard to watch. You can definitely tell this is the final season. I'm afraid to see how it ends. Even with a strong ending, I think I'll still be disappointed due to the fact that the only TV show I ever really gotten into is coming to an end. I don't think I'll ever find a worthy replacement.

76561197977061647.png

#17 airblade

airblade

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

5 and 6 have a hard drop off, yes. Not 7. Can't yet comment on 8.

I agree, that Season with Julia Stiles in it was definitely the worst.

#18 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

I agree, that Season with Julia Stiles in it was definitely the worst.

You must have missed Season 6, that was just horrible.

Posted Image

#19 airblade

airblade

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

You must have missed Season 6, that was just horrible.

Is that the one with Collin Hanks?

I enjoyed it a little more than Season 5, still pretty bad.

Season 7 was good.

#20 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

bump

The price on the standard Blu-Ray set seems to have gone down a bit. It's $259.99 now. That's slightly more reasonable, since you're basically getting each season for $32.50 each. I wonder if it has something to do with the widely-bashed series finale that just aired WHICH I LOVED. I am the 1%.

http://www.amazon.co...=dexter blu ray

76561197977061647.png

#21 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

The regular price is ridiculous. Slight disappointed by the ending of the series.

According to Instant Watch Browser on my Roku, Netflix will be streaming Dexter starting December 31st. I don't know how accurate the date is.

#22 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

Things may have changed but at one point the only difference in buying eery season separate opposed to this special edition is of course you get those sweet cases in the speciasl and I think a new bonus disc. I really like those sets but don't really have the room or space for either so I think I'll just save a few bucks and buy them separately.

#23 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

I agree with everything you just said. I think the show is still going strongly, thanks to season 7 being possibly the best season of the show in every aspect. Season 6 wasn't terrible, just strange. Season 5 is the only season that I've only seen once, I think I need to give it another shot. I just remember it being boring, and I didn't care for Julia Stiles' character.

Season 8 is good so far, but it's hard to watch. You can definitely tell this is the final season. I'm afraid to see how it ends. Even with a strong ending, I think I'll still be disappointed due to the fact that the only TV show I ever really gotten into is coming to an end. I don't think I'll ever find a worthy replacement.

breaking bad wishes to speak to you.

#24 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

breaking bad wishes to speak to you.

I watched the first episode and thought it was pretty meh. I just don't care for the premise of it.

76561197977061647.png

#25 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

I watched the first episode and thought it was pretty meh. I just don't care for the premise of it.

Making a huge mistake

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#26 airblade

airblade

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

Making a huge mistake

This show should've ended at season 4.

5-8 sre horrible.

#27 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

5 is ok, 6 is bad, 7 is one of the best, 8 starts out ok for the first 4 episodes or so and then goes downhill from there, I was pretty disappointed overall with the final season of Dexter.

Guardian_owl.png

#28 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

5 is ok, 6 is bad, 7 is one of the best, 8 starts out ok for the first 4 episodes or so and then goes downhill from there, I was pretty disappointed overall with the final season of Dexter.

I thought 8's season premiere was good, then went downhill, then back up again with the last two episodes. I know I'm in the minority however. I just wanted more closure for the characters through the entirety of the season along with some new storyline for those characters. I felt it was really hard to connect with new characters so late in the series, it all felt irrelevant.

76561197977061647.png

#29 MasterX

MasterX

The Doctor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

Got it preordered. I thought the ending of the series was great. It made a lot of sense when you think what Dexter was about since season 1.

I wish people would stop comparing it to Breaking Bad. I watched to first 2 seasons and it hasn't hooked me yet :/

477384.png

#30 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

That's almost as much as a PS4!!!

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dexter, blu-ray, dvd, boxset, complete, collection, limited, Amazon Exclusive