Dexter - The Complete Series 11.5.13 [Awesome Box Sets!]

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
91hKMut1bXL._SL1500_.jpg

Blu-Ray $300.99
http://www.amazon.com/Dexter-Complete-Collection-Michael-Hall/dp/B00DXOIEFI/ref=sr_1_5?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1374278641&sr=1-5&keywords=dexter+complete+series

61bIq9I4nLL._SL1194_.jpg

Blu-Ray Amazon Exclusive Set $381.49
http://www.amazon.com/Dexter-Complete-Collection-Exclusive-Blu-ray/dp/B00DXOIU16/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1374278641&sr=1-3&keywords=dexter+complete+series

DVD $244.99

http://www.amazon.com/Dexter-Complete-Collection-Michael-Hall/dp/B00DXOHR6K/ref=sr_1_4?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1374278641&sr=1-4&keywords=dexter+complete+series

While I love both...I think I prefer the "standard" box-set.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I love Dexter, I found the series to be pretty much watch once and move on so I never bothered with the season sets. But that fake blood slide set is pulling me to get it.

That's what I get for buying some of the seasons individually, should of known dicks who don't put any special features on individual releases, would put out special features only on a disc included with the complete series set.

Divide the cost by 8 and then check CamelCamelCamel.com to see how cheap the individual season set prices have been.  That will figure out the cost of the "special edition" packaging, as that's the difference in price.

5 is decent, and it's not the writers fault that it isn't better, the end of Season 4 pretty much blew up foundation of the show so they had to spend most of season 5 piecing it back together. I find it was better with a second viewing as I rewatched it prior to the start of season 6. I make no apologies for Season 6, the season long arc is just bad. It's especially disappointing since the end of Season 5 gave the writers the freedom to start however they wanted, a courtesy not extended to Season 5. Season 7 is up there as one of, if not the, best seasons of the show. Season 8 is going ok so far, it's hard to judge as it's only 4 episodes in.

5 is decent, and it's not the writers fault that it isn't better, the end of Season 4 pretty much blew up foundation of the show so they had to spend most of season 5 piecing it back together. I find it was better with a second viewing as I rewatched it prior to the start of season 6. I make no apologies for Season 6, the season long arc is just bad. It's especially disappointing since the end of Season 5 gave the writers the freedom to start however they wanted, a courtesy not extended to Season 5. Season 7 is up there as one of, if not the, best seasons of the show. Season 8 is going ok so far, it's hard to judge as it's only 4 episodes in.
I agree with everything you just said. I think the show is still going strongly, thanks to season 7 being possibly the best season of the show in every aspect. Season 6 wasn't terrible, just strange. Season 5 is the only season that I've only seen once, I think I need to give it another shot. I just remember it being boring, and I didn't care for Julia Stiles' character.

Season 8 is good so far, but it's hard to watch. You can definitely tell this is the final season. I'm afraid to see how it ends. Even with a strong ending, I think I'll still be disappointed due to the fact that the only TV show I ever really gotten into is coming to an end. I don't think I'll ever find a worthy replacement.

The regular price is ridiculous. Slight disappointed by the ending of the series.

According to Instant Watch Browser on my Roku, Netflix will be streaming Dexter starting December 31st. I don't know how accurate the date is.

Things may have changed but at one point the only difference in buying eery season separate opposed to this special edition is of course you get those sweet cases in the speciasl and I think a new bonus disc. I really like those sets but don't really have the room or space for either so I think I'll just save a few bucks and buy them separately.

I agree with everything you just said. I think the show is still going strongly, thanks to season 7 being possibly the best season of the show in every aspect. Season 6 wasn't terrible, just strange. Season 5 is the only season that I've only seen once, I think I need to give it another shot. I just remember it being boring, and I didn't care for Julia Stiles' character.

Season 8 is good so far, but it's hard to watch. You can definitely tell this is the final season. I'm afraid to see how it ends. Even with a strong ending, I think I'll still be disappointed due to the fact that the only TV show I ever really gotten into is coming to an end. I don't think I'll ever find a worthy replacement.
breaking bad wishes to speak to you.

5 is ok, 6 is bad, 7 is one of the best, 8 starts out ok for the first 4 episodes or so and then goes downhill from there, I was pretty disappointed overall with the final season of Dexter.

5 is ok, 6 is bad, 7 is one of the best, 8 starts out ok for the first 4 episodes or so and then goes downhill from there, I was pretty disappointed overall with the final season of Dexter.

I thought 8's season premiere was good, then went downhill, then back up again with the last two episodes. I know I'm in the minority however. I just wanted more closure for the characters through the entirety of the season along with some new storyline for those characters. I felt it was really hard to connect with new characters so late in the series, it all felt irrelevant.

Got it preordered. I thought the ending of the series was great. It made a lot of sense when you think what Dexter was about since season 1.

I wish people would stop comparing it to Breaking Bad. I watched to first 2 seasons and it hasn't hooked me yet :/

Finally got around to watching the series finale last night.  Turns out it was so terrible that it's almost ruined the entire show for me.  I can't even bring myself to talk about Dexter like it's a good show anymore, which is sad, because somewhere inside myself I still love season four so very much.  But... holy damn, that was probably the worst series finale I've ever seen.

FWIW, Dexter S1-S4 will start streaming on Netflix this Thursday the 31st just in time for Halloween. The final four seasons will hit Netflix in January.

Yep, and traditionally the special features on Dexter sets have been CA-RAAAAP (first season had a commentary and the rest had special features you had to connect to a website to watch the interviews, they weren't even on the damn disc) so you won't miss much of anything by doing instant watch instead. Based on showtime's shoddy treatment of the individual season releases I imagine the complete series special features will be equally horrible.

bread's done
Back