EvilMakiPR

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

http://www.nippon-ya...ed-edition.html

#2 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

This should go in the regional section if ANYTHING, I have never heard of this site, and no way can $275+Shipping be considered a deal.

#3 EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:08 AM

This should go in the regional section if ANYTHING, I have never heard of this site, and no way can $275+Shipping be considered a deal.

It is. Considering this is exclusive for the Pokemon Centers in Japan and its very limited AND its selling on eBay for over $400.

The website is Legit. They have their Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/Nippon.Yasan

And heres someone that ordered a PS Vita from them
http://psindependent...on-yasan.13455/

#4 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

Well that is great for ebay, however this section, bar very few exceptions, is meant of deals from the united states. The system is not region free, we can get a XL on sale pretty much whenever for over $100 less, and the fact that we would have to import it, meaning the $275 is NOT the final amount. So if the item requires importing from japan like this, and is close to $100 more then any CAG would really want to pay for.

#5 KornKid91

KornKid91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

Damn if I liked the this design I'd be all over this, I need a 3DS LL for all them games that will never get localized.

#6 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

Well that is great for ebay, however this section, bar very few exceptions, is meant of deals from the united states. The system is not region free, we can get a XL on sale pretty much whenever for over $100 less, and the fact that we would have to import it, meaning the $275 is NOT the final amount. So if the item requires importing from japan like this, and is close to $100 more then any CAG would really want to pay for.

I disagree. This section is for general knowledge of deals that may or may not (YMMVs) include everyone. This website does ship to the US, therefor, it is in the right section. A collector (there are many on the forums) will probably appreciate this thread. Also shipping is only about $22.

xivpads.png

#7 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

I actually like this design and would get it if I had not purchased the SMT IV LL.   the earth tone and stripes works imo.

and nippon-yasan is legit, I got the SMT IV LL and the Toukiden Vita bundle from them and received them faster than I expected.

#8 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

Love Eevee, if it werent for damn region locks id be all over it. So instead ill just save up for the inevitable X and Y XL console we get
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

I actually like this design and would get it if I had not purchased the SMT IV LL.   the earth tone and stripes works imo.

and nippon-yasan is legit, I got the SMT IV LL and the Toukiden Vita bundle from them and received them faster than I expected.

I really wish that SMT IV LL had come stateside.

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#10 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

Looking at some pictures (and an unboxing video), it's got some class. Unfortunately, it's not for me.

#11 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

Can't believe Nintendo region locked the 3DS, ridiculous. I'm still in the hunt for one of these limited edition ones. 

Anyone got any discounted shipping codes for this site? 

#12 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

The website is Legit. They have their Facebook Page

Oh, they have a Facebook page?  They must be legit then since you can't just make one of those. :rofl:

Seriously though, it's really a crime that Nintendo decided to region lock the system after the DS was free and open.  Even more so when NA has gotten the worst color and design choices since the GBA/GC.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List - H: MK8 Promo Game Choice

#13 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

This has to be the rarest 3DS SKU, its only sold in the pokemon store in japan.

#14 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

"A Deal Is A deal"!

If an item is going for one penny less than the standard going rate, I consider it a deal. There are way to many members here who want to say, what's good and what's not. Leave that to the MODS.

Thanks OP!

#15 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

"A Deal Is A deal"!

If an item is going for one penny less than the standard going rate, I consider it a deal. There are way to many members here who want to say, what's good and what's not. Leave that to the MODS.

Thanks OP!

Hmm, I judge thee to be unworthy.  Be gone underling! ;)

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List - H: MK8 Promo Game Choice

#16 Tom Jane

Tom Jane

I want my kids back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

Thanks OP...this is incredible!!  :bouncy:

I just want my kids back!!!

Steam Offers | PSN Gameshare offers | DLC/Code Requests | Trade List | Lowball
Looking to sell Steam games promptly: B-Lands GotY ($7), B-Lands 2 ($10), Tropico 4 ($7.50), Ys Origins ($10); Others
Looking to sell PSN Gameshares promptly: 1) God of War 1, 2, Origins; 2) Darksiders

Will listen to reasonable offers.

#17 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

I disagree. This section is for general knowledge of deals that may or may not (YMMVs) include everyone. This website does ship to the US, therefor, it is in the right section. A collector (there are many on the forums) will probably appreciate this thread. Also shipping is only about $22.

The problem is how finite and limited the appeal would be. You're talking about a system that lacks the ability to play region free, so you're paying $300 dollars for a system that requires you to either import all the Japanese games you want (which goes against the nature of this site for many people) or display it without ever touching it. 

This has to be the rarest 3DS SKU, its only sold in the pokemon store in japan.

I hope this is sarcasm since the Pikachu and Charizard ones were the same... though Char you had to win a raffle. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#18 EeveeFanboy

EeveeFanboy

Likes Eevee too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

As someone who based his name around this Pokemon, that 3ds is ugly
Posted Image

#19 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Do you import games/figures from Japan?
I'm guessing no.

The website is legit.

I purchased/received a few items from them just fine.

I also have the upcoming Phoenix Wright LE with the awesome figure preordered with them.

If this deal should be in the regional section (maybe...possibility), it will be due to the Region Locked issue with the 3DS (boo.. Nintendo)

#20 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

why do the LE handhelds never have a design on the inside?

This one is kind of meh

#21 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

I'm still trying to figure out who thinks this resells for over (or even at) $400?

Most completed listings where going at about $349-$360 with two at $399 and one at $419.

I can understand the appeal to someone who does collect but don't make it sound like this is an amazing deal because you'll be able to easily turn it around for a profit.

#22 EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Well there are some people that like to import and collect. Thats why I posted it here. For me is a deal because is the cheapest I could find online. Unless you go to Japan to get one. 

But yeah its Region Lock.

If this thread is bad-placed feel free to move it or delete it. 

#23 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Well there are some people that like to import and collect. Thats why I posted it here. For me is a deal because is the cheapest I could find online. Unless you go to Japan to get one. 

But yeah its Region Lock.

If this thread is bad-placed feel free to move it or delete it. 

Not that it matters but I don't have a problem with you posting this here. Actually in all honesty I like these type of posts because I come on CAG for more then just straight up deals on consoles, games, accessories etc.

I like deals on merchandise and swag and the occasional import I just don't think the resale value should be a stressed factor in your post. Because there are people on this site that will buy anything if they believe they can resell it, even for a marginal profit and I just don't think this item would be worth importing to resell.

#24 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

I like deals on merchandise and swag and the occasional import I just don't think the resale value should be a stressed factor in your post. Because there are people on this site that will buy anything if they believe they can resell it, even for a marginal profit and I just don't think this item would be worth importing to resell.

Nobody stressed the resale value and nobody mentioned flipping it until you. The eBay price was a response to grumpy gus claiming $275 can't be considered a deal. I have nothing against flippers or people who get banned from multiple retailers for buying too much, just don't assume everyone thinks exactly like you.

Well that is great for ebay, however this section, bar very few exceptions, is meant of deals from the united states.

Feeling a little xenophobic today? Someone better nuke the Play Asia thread.

The problem is how finite and limited the appeal would be. You're talking about a system that lacks the ability to play region free, so you're paying $300 dollars for a system that requires you to either import all the Japanese games you want (which goes against the nature of this site for many people)

People on CAG don't play imports? That makes me sad.

Bottom line: Find this cheaper and we can agree this isn't a deal. Otherwise, it's simply a deal you're not interested in. If you talk about 'finite" appeal, where do you draw the line? A PSP game that took couple months to get 2,500 preorders? A niche JRPG that has limited appeal? How "finite" is "too finite"? My guess is your definition of finite is conveniently what you're not interested in. For someone who wants to play Japanese 3DS games, the only option is to import.

[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#25 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

People on CAG don't play imports? That makes me sad.

Bottom line: Find this cheaper and we can agree this isn't a deal. Otherwise, it's simply a deal you're not interested in. If you talk about 'finite" appeal, where do you draw the line? A PSP game that took couple months to get 2,500 preorders? A niche JRPG that has limited appeal? How "finite" is "too finite"? My guess is your definition of finite is conveniently what you're not interested in. For someone who wants to play Japanese 3DS games, the only option is to import.

Some do, many / most don't. 

Unlike the other things you mentioned (a PSP game that can be played on US machines and made many people excited and niche JRPG's that seem to be fairly popular with the people around here), this is only a deal for those looking for a special edition 3DS LL (you can score a standard one from Play-Asia for $220 before shipping or the special Monster Hunter 3G [no special design!] for $10 dollars more. For those looking to be REALLY cheap, you can score a mint one from AmiAmi for $190 before shipping) and have an interest in playing whatever Japanese games we don't get or simply want to display it / collect it. Sure this falls under a deal I don't care about (that can really be said of most things), but I don't think I am making a leap of faith that this item (a specially designed LL for $80+ more than a normal LL system) and requires you to import everything to have any sort of use for it, is a lot more niche than any other deal posted here. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#26 Graviex

Graviex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

Speaking of the region lock.. this petition has been going on to get Nintendo to remove it, and almost has enough signatures!  Doesn't mean Nintendo will ever listen.. but its something.

http://www.change.or...i-u-region-free

Posted Image

#27 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

Region locking media is stupid. Never understood it in the first place. Why sever off what little potential import sales you may have?

xivpads.png

#28 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

Nobody stressed the resale value and nobody mentioned flipping it until you. The eBay price was a response to grumpy gus claiming $275 can't be considered a deal. I have nothing against flippers or people who get banned from multiple retailers for buying too much, just don't assume everyone thinks exactly like you.

I'm assuming you can read and type because you're posting on CAG (although who knows) but eBay was mentioned at least twice PRIOR to me making my post.

Paying OVER MSRP for a region locked IMPORT and then stressing it is a GOOD DEAL because it goes for over $400 on eBay is not just misleading it is incorrect.

Or am I missing something?

#29 Miken

Miken

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

My friend at gamestop stated that we would get the Pokemone X/Y 3ds xl bundle so not all is lost.  Its in there system but when I checked 1 week ago it wasn't available for pre-order.  If you haven't seen em, they look pretty badass too.

Always looking for mycokerewards points.

#30 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

I always find it funny about threads such as this which would probably die quickly and quietly because of it is so niche had it not for the forum deal police arguing about the merits of it...