Defiance for Xbox 360 or PS3 $19.99 + FSSS

Wow that was quick I am interested in this game the only problems I have are the 10Gb install and the fact that im not sure if developers are gonna keep supporting the game after a year.

I picked this game up during the Steam Summer Sale. My PC runs it alright; however, it can get choppy at times. What little I've played so far has definitely got me interested, and I might just cave in and buy a 360 copy. Thanks for the heads up!

Wow that was quick I am interested in this game the only problems I have are the 10Gb install and the fact that im not sure if developers are gonna keep supporting the game after a year
I have not played the game, but my understanding is there would be a lot of content for $20 regardless of whether they keep supporting it. It should be noted that reviews vary on the quality of that content amount, but the quantity seems to be decent at least.

Very tempted by this, but I just cannot bite for $20. $10-15 and I could easily get it. I still haven't even put a dent into God of War Ascension, Tomb Raider, AC3, RE6, Gears of War Judgement, or The Last of Us.

Very tempted by this, but I just cannot bite for $20. $10-15 and I could easily get it. I still haven't even put a dent into God of War Ascension, Tomb Raider, AC3, RE6, Gears of War Judgement, or The Last of Us.
Yea not recomended for people with a backlog.

It's easy to put 100 hours into this game.

Wow that was quick I am interested in this game the only problems I have are the 10Gb install and the fact that im not sure if developers are gonna keep supporting the game after a year.
Well they've got 5 pieces of DLC planned and not a single one has been released yet so they are going to support for a good time to come.

The support it has now is pretty good. New sidequests every week.

Bought the game a month after release for like $40 and I don't regret it.

Get it if you're into fallout, borderlands, etc.

I just noticed a lot of reviews on Amazon that make some comparisons between Defiance and Borderlands.  Since Borderlands 2 happens to be one of my favorite games of all time, this definitely intrigues me.  Any thoughts on the comparison for those who have played both (in addition to the passing comment above)?

Last edited by a moderator:
they play similar, but past that they really aren't that much alike. i haven't played since about a month after launch. not sure on what patches they've put out. there was barely any loot to be found, most guns were pretty similar in stats, 90% of side quests were fetch quests(a lot without any fighting at all), and i felt no sense of progression with my character. i beat the game without earning a single legendary weapon. a lot of the better missions to play are forced solo. didn't have any interaction with other players in the game outside of arkfalls, and that was just 30+ people shooting the same enemy in the same area. classes make no difference on characters besides their starting weapons. everyone has access to the same skills/perks. most perks activate in the most random ways, most aren't that useful, and give little to no bonuses at all.(think badass ranks on borderlands, but capped at 3-4%)

personally, i would just stick with borderlands. defiance might be fun to play with friends, but even then, there's quite a few story points that will force you out of the group to continue it. 

they play similar, but past that they really aren't that much alike. i haven't played since about a month after launch. not sure on what patches they've put out. there was barely any loot to be found, most guns were pretty similar in stats, 90% of side quests were fetch quests(a lot without any fighting at all), and i felt no sense of progression with my character. i beat the game without earning a single legendary weapon. a lot of the better missions to play are forced solo. didn't have any interaction with other players in the game outside of arkfalls, and that was just 30+ people shooting the same enemy in the same area. classes make no difference on characters besides their starting weapons. everyone has access to the same skills/perks. most perks activate in the most random ways, most aren't that useful, and give little to no bonuses at all.(think badass ranks on borderlands, but capped at 3-4%)

personally, i would just stick with borderlands. defiance might be fun to play with friends, but even then, there's quite a few story points that will force you out of the group to continue it.
You get legendary weapons by trading in your keycodes at stores. You should get your first legendary 5-10 hours in the game.

Legendary guns are hard to get sure but once you get one you'll use it forever (or until you get a better one)

A game like Borderlands drops legendarys all the time but then after a couple hours it's not useful anymore. (unless you're at max level)

Last edited by a moderator:
You get legendary weapons by trading in your keycodes at stores. You should get your first legendary 5-10 hours in the game.
i played 40+ hours, participated in countless arkfalls, and traded in tons of keycodes. never received a single one, and none of my friends found one either. though they didn't play as long, or as far, as i did.

i played 40+ hours, participated in countless arkfalls, and traded in tons of keycodes. never received a single one, and none of my friends found one either. though they didn't play as long, or as far, as i did.
Ouch. That's some bad luck.

I got a low level legendary infector you can have if you pick it back up again. GT:sirbradenwalker

Best weapon in the game comes in green/blue/purple anyway. (never seen an orange one)

It's a grenade launcher called the ground pounder.

appreciate the gesture, but i sold the game long ago. i played it a lot to give it a chance though. especially considering after the beta i was going to cancel my preorder. the devs made a lot of promises after the beta, and i didn't feel any were fulfilled. the main game was essentially the same as the beta was. only difference was the arkfalls were a little more stable, but i still had a lot of freezing issues in arkfalls. also, had tons of disconnects in the beginning too, but i would imagine that's been fixed by now.

that's another thing i didn't touch on either. the weapon exp system. if you max out the points on a gun it no longer adds to your weapon skill level. you have to toss it, and find another gun of the same type. 

also, like i said before, i haven't played the game since late april. i have no idea what patches have been put in to change the game at all. 

This is a pricematch of targets price on it but regardless $20 is a good price for this.
If you have any friends that play this it is pretty fun, but it just feels like, there needs to be MORE... It is a good timesink between now and all the REALLY juicy games in the fall. To get a good feel of it I would recommend going to bestbuy and pricematching, trying it out for a day or two, and if you don't like it, it has a TiV of $25.50 (or $27.20 if GCU).

appreciate the gesture, but i sold the game long ago. i played it a lot to give it a chance though. especially considering after the beta i was going to cancel my preorder. the devs made a lot of promises after the beta, and i didn't feel any were fulfilled. the main game was essentially the same as the beta was. only difference was the arkfalls were a little more stable, but i still had a lot of freezing issues in arkfalls. also, had tons of disconnects in the beginning too, but i would imagine that's been fixed by now.

that's another thing i didn't touch on either. the weapon exp system. if you max out the points on a gun it no longer adds to your weapon skill level. you have to toss it, and find another gun of the same type.

also, like i said before, i haven't played the game since late april. i have no idea what patches have been put in to change the game at all.
The full version is way way way way way better than the beta (on the 360 at least). You never had to toss the weapon when it gets max exp, you can reset it's exp and keep getting more. Maybe it wasn't like that in the beta, but in the fall version it is. I don't think they tell you how to do that ingame, it's something you have to learn on your own. I don't like how you cannot get weapon exp from arkfalls.

There hasn't been DLC yet, but there's been a lot of free updates that feel like DLC. New enemies, arkfall types, emergencies, tv show missions, special events, etc.

The full version is way way way way way better than the beta (on the 360 at least). You never had to toss the weapon when it gets max exp, you can reset it's exp and keep getting more. Maybe it wasn't like that in the beta, but in the fall version it is. I don't think they tell you how to do that ingame, it's something you have to learn on your own. I don't like how you cannot get weapon exp from arkfalls.

There hasn't been DLC yet, but there's been a lot of free updates that feel like DLC. New enemies, arkfall types, emergencies, tv show missions, special events, etc.
well, that must have been patched in recently. you weren't able to do that in the full version at first either. not getting weapon exp from arkfalls was another huge problem. considering that was one of the big draws in the game, and you spent a lot of time doing them.

i am very interested but not sure if i should just wait few more months for all the minor issues and stuff to be patched,  also season one on TV did good so this game should get decent developer support..  with reports that crew from UBI took team of 3 to port the game over to ps4 in 2 months could we see this for xbox one and ps4?

This game should have been $20 at launch. Once you play through the campaign, there is no point in playing it anymore. I am not sure it was even worth spending the time to beat the campaign / side missions...

Yea when I first got the game it was pretty cool it seemed (first MMO) but as time went on it lost a lot of steam. One of the driving forces of me getting the game was for loot and the loot in there is pretty lame. Guns only marginally improve over the entire course of the game. Its really a downer when you can find a gun 50 hours in that's just barely better than one you got 5 hours in. Not enough loot variety or collectibles in my mind.

Not enough variation in arkfalls

Not enough impact differences when leveling up

They want everyone to be able to compete with eachother because of player vs player combat. So you cant really drastically level up. There just isnt enough progress or variety for my liking. Haven't played it for 2-3 months now.

bread's done
Back