Photo
* * * * - 11 votes

Best Buy Back to School Deals: 7/28/13-8/3/13 (God of War Ascension $20, Ni No Kuni $20, NFS: Most Wanted $15, NFL 13 $15)

ni no kuni god of war ascension most wanted best buy

• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

#481 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

So GoWA comes with DLC for allstars? What is it, Zeus's character?

I'm not sure if the RE does, the CE comes with a code for Zeus & Issac Clarke (Dead Space).

#482 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

Hey guys just a heads up, for those who missed the deals, Amazon matched some of them:

http://www.cheapassg...t-x-30-free-sh/

Posted Image

#483 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

Picked up Project X Zone LE for $30.  Possible the LE gone b4 it drop down $20-ish

"Evil is Funs"

#484 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

Hey guys just a heads up, for those who missed the deals, Amazon matched some of them:

http://www.cheapassg...t-x-30-free-sh/

Beware on PxZ for 3DS you won't get the LE from Amazon.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#485 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

Remembered I have some money in a PayPal account I could use on Madden 13....considering it a little more now.

The local store doesn't have it in stock so I would be required to have it shipped to my closest store.

Decisions decisions.....

#486 mclovin_it

mclovin_it

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

Was excited for this until I saw Store Pick Up Only and every stores on the list is shown as "Unavaliable" What the hell? Anyone got this problem?

#487 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:43 AM

Amazon Price Matched Fifa 13! But only the PS3 version...  :fridge:

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#488 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:47 AM

Lol, best smiley I've ever seen

#489 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

Picked up Madden 13 to satisfy my football need since I won't be buying Madden 14

#490 Dalerax

Dalerax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

Picked up Madden 13 to satisfy my football need since I won't be buying Madden 14

Why not, if you don't mind me asking? I'm debating jumping back into football gaming as I haven't played in a few years. I'm torn on whether to buy this for $15 or just wait for the new one next month. I haven't heard spectacular things about 13.

#491 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

Hey, is the God of War good at this price. I'm a huge fan of the series and although this appears to be the weakest of the series, the demo was pretty good. Any opinions on the game?

For me it's:

3 > 2 > 1 > Ascension

I'd put Ascension ahead of 1 if you were to decide between the games all at one time.  But 1 was really good at the time it came out and the type of expectations it had versus Ascension at release.  If you enjoyed the demo, then you'll like Ascension.  The MP is the stronger component of the game though.  I'm currently an active participant in the online community.

So GoWA comes with DLC for allstars? What is it, Zeus's character?

As htz said, it comes with Zeus and Isaac Clarke.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#492 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

Is the sale just for today or does it end on the 3rd of August.

#493 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:09 AM

Lucked out -- went to BBY and found a 50% off rack -- Remember Me was sitting there and got it for $30.  A pretty nice deal for a Capcom game that looks like it could be one of those forgotten low-print runs.  

#494 zyk

zyk

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

Is the sale just for today or does it end on the 3rd of August.

Should be 8/3. The Back to School sale last week lasted a week. I don't remember Best Buy ever having a 1 day flash sale like this. 

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Knack

#495 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

For me it's:

3 > 2 > 1 > Ascension

I'd put Ascension ahead of 1 if you were to decide between games all at one time.  But 1 was really good at the time it came out and the type of expectations it had versus 3.  If you enjoyed the demo, then you'll like Ascension.  The MP is the stronger component of the game though.  I'm an active participant in the online community.

As htz said, it comes with Zeus and Isaac Clarke.

Do you or anyone know if GOW Ascension has an online pass?

512847.png

#496 htz

htz

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:57 AM

Yes, it does.

#497 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:07 AM

And one god damned bronze trophy locked away in the multiplayer.  I bought it used (I don't see myself being interested in the multiplayer) but I guess I won't be platinuming this game.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#498 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:23 AM

There's two demos on the eshop so you know.  I didn't personally care for them but I'm still tempted to pick it up solely because of this: http://www.youtube.c...utu.be&t=10m40s

wtf? Is that a bruce willis spoof character?? If so im so bumping this game on my backlog

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#499 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:23 AM

And one god damned bronze trophy locked away in the multiplayer.  I bought it used (I don't see myself being interested in the multiplayer) but I guess I won't be platinuming this game.

Yes, it does.

Thanks and damn. I want the platinum so i guess I better pay the extra few bucks and get the new copy.

512847.png

#500 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

Thanks and damn. I want the platinum so i guess I better pay the extra few bucks and get the new copy.

Yeah that's probably your best bet, I did a little bit of digging on the ps3trophies forums for the games and it doesn't look like there's any way around the Online Pass for that one damn trophy.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#501 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

Yeah that's probably your best bet, I did a little bit of digging on the ps3trophies forums for the games and it doesn't look like there's any way around the Online Pass for that one damn trophy.

They probably do it purposely so people buy new or buy the pass. Trophies/achievements means money to developers now lol.

512847.png

#502 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

Need for Speed Most Wanted Vita SKU: 5744082 is $19.99. You may want to add that to the op.

Also, here are 12 rewardzone points. Enjoy.

www.audiencerewards.com/bestbuy/trivia.cfm

True or False? The original first act of The Phantom of the Opera was presented at Andrew Lloyd Webber's home.
True

What is the last song of Act I in Jersey Boys?
Walk Like a Man

The Wicked backstage tour, Behind the Emerald Curtain, was formed by a man who played what role in the original Broadway company?
The Witch's Father

How many dogs are in the cast of the current Broadway Annie revival?

Who directed Once on Broadway?
John Tiffany

True or False? The song "Rock of Ages" is not featured in the musical of the same name.
True

#503 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

Well I had decided to buy Madden13 since I have Paypal credit. And then BBY won't ship it to the store closest to me for whatever reason.

So not buying it.

#504 camelking6969

camelking6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

hoping people tell amazon.  

[url=ign.com]

#505 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

How would one price match at Target? Do I just get the game and tell them I want it price matched from bestbuy. :3

#506 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

Anyone in NYC able to snag a ni no Kuni for me? I can meet anywhere between Chinatown and Midtown for payment.

I already checked 62 and Broadway as well as Bryant Park. Both are done.

Thanks and good hunting friends.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#507 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

How would one price match at Target? Do I just get the game and tell them I want it price matched from bestbuy. :3

Yep. That easy.
Always posting from my iPhone sorry for any formatting issues! :bouncy:

#508 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Yeah, gotta take it to customer service though

Miami+Flash15.png

Waiting for:

:xb1:FIFA 15, NBA 2k15, and Halo: MCC

#509 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

I might go to Target and price match Ni No Kuni. It's not available anywhere in Chicago.

robsAgeek.png

#510 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Guys, what do you think the odds of Ni No Kuni dropping below $20 in the future, or pulling an Xenoblade and becoming hard to find?  I do really want the game, and $20 sounds like a great price, but with my backlog as large as it is I doubt I'd get to it anytime before 2014.  I'm willing to nab it at $20 if there's a chance it'll go OoS everywhere, or I'll end up paying over $20, but otherwise I'm leaning towards waiting.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!