Woman jailed in Dubai after reporting rape...

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
"...to 16 months in prison for having sex outside marriage, drinking and making false statements"

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/07/21/news/world-news/woman-jailed-in-dubai-after-reporting-rape-hopes-to-warn-others/

"Among recent cases, a Briton who alleged she had been raped by three men was fined for drinking alcohol. An Emirati woman was sentenced to a year in prison after claiming to have been gang-raped. An Australian woman was sent to prison for 11 months after reporting a gang-rape to police, the Centre said."

Gotta love Islamic law... and loose women.

In the United Arab Emirates, as in some other countries using Islamic law, a rape conviction can require either a confession or the testimony of four adult male witnesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dubai has some messed up ways.  Heard a few times if you get in a dispute with a taxi driver over something, he can drive to the station and say you were having sex or drinking alchohol in his car, and you end up being in jail for months until a trial

Do what it takes to make enough noise against the atrocities against women and "other minorities".

Do what we can to help it stop.

Everyone should have the right and freedom to practice whatever religion or belief structure that they wish until it brings undue persecution against any other persons or groups. That is when it ceases to become a religion and becomes a crime against human rights.

Crimes against people/persons and even wars happen everyday in the name of god. Whore, harlett, jew, "negro", christian, islamic, pagan, fag, woman, are only some of the words that have been thrown around in the name of "my god can beat up your god" and "my god says I am better than you".

This Has Got To End.

I look at my grandchildren and hope that they do not HAVE to speak up for basic human rights, because everyone will have them.

But I know, that if they have to, they will know it is the right thing to do.

looks legit
It is. It was.

But it looks like they dropped the 16 month prison sentence for "having sex outside marriage".

People complain about our prison system being over crowded due to "harmless" petty drug dealers. Imagine if we imprisoned everyone who had sex outside marriage?

Or those who accused someone of rape that didn't happen to have it witnessed by at least four other males?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is. It was.

But it looks like they dropped the 16 month prison sentence for "having sex outside marriage".

People complain about our prison system being over crowded due to "harmless" petty drug dealers. Imagine if we imprisoned everyone who had sex outside marriage?

Or those who accused someone of rape that didn't happen to have it witnessed by at least four other males?
LOL, if we did that 90% of population in the US would be in prison.

bread's done
Back