* * * * * 20 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

gabenfunbux cardz steam steam deals steam cards pc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12447 replies to this topic

#2221 cyrus386

cyrus386

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Another foil! Madness! Is today Foil Day or something???

Okay, so this one is only worth 50 cents (from Stacking, I just added the key to my library last night).  Still, I'll take it.

#2222 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Micro Center is selling Black Ops 2 for $9.99, In-Store Pickup Only. You might want to give it a shot if you have one near you. This is probably the cheapest price BO2 is gonna be while Activision exists.

Thanks for this; I got the last one in Tustin, CA.

76561197967716198.png

#2223 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Micro Center is selling Black Ops 2 for $9.99, In-Store Pickup Only. You might want to give it a shot if you have one near you. This is probably the cheapest price BO2 is gonna be while Activision exists.

Nice, luckily they let you do online order and pickup/pay later.  So you can just reserve a copy

Anyone know if BLOPS2 is always steam activated?

#2224 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

Nice, luckily they let you do online order and pickup/pay later.  So you can just reserve a copy

That's what I did; I was to in a rush to find my credit card and that "1 left" had me worried. All the CoD games after 4 are always Steam activated.

76561197967716198.png

#2225 Ltrain23

Ltrain23

Luigi Death Stare

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

I just looked this up, and according to the forums, it is. During the CD install, you need to activate a code via Steam to complete the installation. 

SWITCH TO DISH & GET A FREE HOPPER UPGRADE.

If you use one of my referral codes, you get $50 off your first bill, too!

TMR221917838     AHP233565792     ADN253704054

#2226 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

The whole retail versus digital downloads/steam is missing the most significant point:

Prices.  Digital download prices are far better than retail on regular and deep sales.  Prices for retail PC games usually only drop with MSRP cuts, and go on the occasional weak sale.  If you're lucky you can fish something decent out of the bargain bin.

I was a physical die-hard until digital download prices started getting attractive.

I went into Fry's a couple weeks ago to pickup a watch battery and took a quick poke into their PC games section.  Wow it had really shrunk.  It used to take over an isle, now it takes maybe a 10th of that.  Odd notable: $2 clearance priced (down from $15) Hello Kitty Online (F2P credits).  I was tempted to grab it for the paraphernalia value.  (I've actually had HKO installed for years.)  Which reminds me, I'd like to get back to TDU2.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2227 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

Thanks for this; I got the last one in Tustin, CA.

Even if the Santa Clara, CA Microcenter was still around, I'm not sure I could be bothered to make the trip over there.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2228 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

Spoiler

MARS

#2229 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

was excited until I saw they were all e-books *insert "Reading is hard" joke*. Maybe if I had a Kindle it would be more appealing >.>

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#2230 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:18 PM

I just so happen to keep a list of active keys on the steam forums. A lot of users post keys from twitter so you (and mostly I) don't have to look for them ;D

http://steamcommunit...34724163400631/

#2231 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

So...

ToServeManTwilightZone_zps7a8ad3ed.jpg

No deals today?

MARS

#2232 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

Anyone have a few minutes to walk me through how to use SAM. I've been installing and idling and realized I'm doing this thing all wrong lol.

#2233 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

Open SAM, window shows all your games, double click a game, second window pops up, idle. If game is not shown in first window, goto Steam store/client and get the game ID (store.steampowered.com/app/######) and put that in.

#2234 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

It is me, or RPG maker is the new magicka?

76561198025176705.png

#2235 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

So...

ToServeManTwilightZone_zps7a8ad3ed.jpg

No deals today?

Deals? People are trying to have conversation here. You thought this was about deals?

Anyhoo...

Krater 80% off midweek, Resident Evil Revelations 50% off midweek and RPG Maker which is becoming the Magicka of software (ninjaed! :-P) at 66% off DotD.

So about Dream Machine Chapter 4. Do we get that if we got it in Indie Royale or no? I forget.

steam_sig.png

#2236 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Thank you for the links. I just started doing twitter and have no idea how to read tweets. 

I just so happen to keep a list of active keys on the steam forums. A lot of users post keys from twitter so you (and mostly I) don't have to look for them ;D

http://steamcommunit...34724163400631/

Thank you. Only problem is steam is pretty shitty at sending notifications on new post in threads.

Posted Image

#2237 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Huh. Resident Evil: Revelations already 50% off. Dang. I usually buy these games full price when they come out but I just didn't this time...anyone played it on PC? Worth the money?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2238 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

Another foil! Madness! Is today Foil Day or something???

Okay, so this one is only worth 50 cents (from Stacking, I just added the key to my library last night). Still, I'll take it.

I just pretend like foils don't exist, because in my world they don't. 1 foil in over 250 drops while others get multiples in the same day is ridiculously annoying. Someone posted during summer sale that they had 4 foils in 16 drops or something to that effect. I guess Valve hates me.

Edit: 256 drops and the one foil was in the first 20. I've gone over 230 drops without another. Lame.

#2239 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

Open SAM, window shows all your games, double click a game, second window pops up, idle. If game is not shown in first window, goto Steam store/client and get the game ID (store.steampowered.com/app/######) and put that in.

It opens up a 2nd windo with the option to unlock all achievements or pick and choose. Is that window open idleing or is there a button I have to hit?

#2240 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

It opens up a 2nd windo with the option to unlock all achievements or pick and choose. Is that window open idleing or is there a button I have to hit?

Thats it, just leave that window open

If you go back to your steam client and hover over the bottom right corner where it lists your name, you'll see it says your in game

#2241 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for your help friends.

#2242 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

If you bought the Humble Deep Silver bundle you now have a key that unlocks Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

#2243 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

I really wish I trusted using SAM. Not necessarily for the idling, but apparently it can wipe achievements? I'd love that :(

#2244 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

Huh. Resident Evil: Revelations already 50% off. Dang. I usually buy these games full price when they come out but I just didn't this time...anyone played it on PC? Worth the money?

You do what?

I just pretend like foils don't exist, because in my world they don't. 1 foil in over 250 drops while others get multiples in the same day is ridiculously annoying. Someone posted during summer sale that they had 4 foils in 16 drops or something to that effect. I guess Valve hates me.

Edit: 256 drops and the one foil was in the first 20. I've gone over 230 drops without another. Lame.

It seems like we're getting drops at a similar pace.

If it gives you happy feelings to know someone got shitted on slightly more than you, I've had 250+ drops without a foil.

MARS

#2245 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

You do what?

Shhhhh, don't scare the deer

76561198025176705.png

#2246 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

So about Dream Machine Chapter 4. Do we get that if we got it in Indie Royale or no? I forget.

No, 1-3 only.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#2247 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

That's what I did; I was to in a rush to find my credit card and that "1 left" had me worried. All the CoD games after 4 are always Steam activated.

Plenty at my store... :)

Spoiler

If you don't have anything constructive to add to the conversation, try sarcasm.

#2248 cyrus386

cyrus386

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

You do what?

It seems like we're getting drops at a similar pace.

If it gives you happy feelings to know someone got shitted on slightly more than you, I've had 250+ drops without a foil.

That sucks, guys.  I know the feeling, because I didn't get any foils my first 130 drops or so while others were making a mint selling them during the beta.  If it helps, I have yet to make any money off of the foils I have gotten.  Perhaps I'm being too greedy, but after waiting this long I feel like Valve owes me something...

#2249 Crazyhowie

Crazyhowie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

80% off is the new 75% off or GTFO. At least for the indie games. :)

Any thoughts on Krater after all the patches? I'll be spending essentially my free Gaben bucks, but unfortunately the time investment isn't free.  Sounds like the co-op is pretty half-baked with co-op specific missions, so I think I've decided against the 2-pack.

Posted Image

#2250 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

I really wish I trusted using SAM. Not necessarily for the idling, but apparently it can wipe achievements? I'd love that :(

It has a button that allows you to wipe your achievements for a specified game. Some people like to reset and get them again, I guess. It can also be helpful for problematic, bugged achievements. 

76561197971332172.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gabenfunbux, cardz, steam, steam deals, steam cards, pc