Free physical magazines with digital @Gamer sub

thereefernander

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
So I thought they were not making physical copies of @Gamer I know you can only sign up for Digital instore now too. I signed up for digital a few months back because I got it half off with employee discount (thought why not) I wanted to capitolize on this free tank tank tank buissness so I spent like a hour trying to find the online coupons when I stumbled on the @Gamers club unlocked support page where I saw a link "Request missing issues". I was never emailed any digital issues I only got the confirmation and congratulation email. So I got all three issues I requested in three seperate emails. Awesome. Got my coupon, got my tank tank tank.

Now I come home to three big envelopes in my mailbox, inside, all three physical copies of those @Gamer magazine. A co-worker told me a week ago or so if you had Unlocked before it switched to digital only you still get the physical copies. So just to let you guys know if you got digital to go to the customer support site (www.atgamermagazine/customerservice) and order your free physical copies :)

thanks op for letting me know. my last issue ran out w/ tank tank tank and i did not want digital only. ill renew in store if ican get physical been member past year.

So I thought they were not making physical copies of @Gamer I know you can only sign up for Digital instore now too. I signed up for digital a few months back because I got it half off with employee discount (thought why not) I wanted to capitolize on this free tank tank tank buissness so I spent like a hour trying to find the online coupons when I stumbled on the @Gamers club unlocked support page where I saw a link "Request missing issues". I was never emailed any digital issues I only got the confirmation and congratulation email. So I got all three issues I requested in three seperate emails. Awesome. Got my coupon, got my tank tank tank.

Now I come home to three big envelopes in my mailbox, inside, all three physical copies of those @Gamer magazine. A co-worker told me a week ago or so if you had Unlocked before it switched to digital only you still get the physical copies. So just to let you guys know if you got digital to go to the customer support site (www.atgamermagazine/customerservice) and order your free physical copies :)
The "report missing/damaged issue" link is for those still getting physical magazines. They will find out soon or later you are abusing that link cause you can't legitimately lose or damage a digital magazine. If you're having trouble receiving your digital @gamer magazine, you need to email [email protected].

Also employees aren't even allowed to use the @gamer coupons.

Markdowns taken from sale prices. Not valid when combined with other coupons or offers. Not valid on pre-owned games, unless the coupon is for a pre-owned game/s. Selection varies by store. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Valid on in-store and in-stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy® stores in the U.S.A. and Puerto Rico. Online and in-store offer may vary.

Not valid on any BestBuy.com® order, including in-store pickup. Best Buy® employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase.

Source: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Gaming-News/November-Gamer-Magazine-Offers/ba-p/615892

I'm tempted to get a subscription for the Tank(x3) coupon, but that's $15 for a subscription that I'll barely use when I could just buy the damn game for $20.

The "report missing/damaged issue" link is for those still getting physical magazines. They will find out soon or later you are abusing that link cause you can't legitimately lose or damage a digital magazine. If you're having trouble receiving your digital @gamer magazine, you need to email [email protected].

Also employees aren't even allowed to use the @gamer coupons.
Are they going to stop printing these eventually? Since I was informed by AtGAMER that I will only receive the magazine digitally from here on (and that I should have been informed by the assistant handling my renewal prior to renewing), I don't have any qualms with it.

The physical magazine is good for emergency toilet paper or for kindling.  Removal of coupons prior to either of those uses is up to your own discretion. 

Are they going to stop printing these eventually? Since I was informed by AtGAMER that I will only receive the magazine digitally from here on (and that I should have been informed by the assistant handling my renewal prior to renewing), I don't have any qualms with it.
@Gamer magazine is the official Best Buy gaming magazine; however, the magazine is actually published and distributed by a completely separate company from Best Buy. In January, @Gamer did make the decision to go entirely digital when it comes to the magazine. That is not a decision Best Buy made.

Those Unlocked members who have been receiving physical copies of the magazine will continue to do so until their membership expires; however, any new or renewed Unlocked memberships would be digital. If you became an Unlocked member in January, then your membership would more than likely be digital.
^Official response from a Best Buy corporate connector.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't received 3 magazines in the mail and get an error whenever I tried to request replacements; now I know why.
Yeah, this isn't cool. I'm a digital subscriber but I'm not going rob someone else of their mag and coupons each month. Oddly enough, it was because my mags were late/missing that I switched to digtal.

I believe it says the employees are not eligible for the coupon because you can not use it on a employee sale. I can ring out as a normal customer. You can't get RZ points on employee purchases but If I buy something without my discount and use my RZ card I can get points just like anyone else. That's what they tell us, either RZ points (if you care about them) or employee discount. I'm sure if I tried to get a game with my employee discount and then use the coupon it wouldn't be the accurate price the item should be so they won't let me do it. That's why it says employees are not eligible.

Like I said though, I initially reported them lost or damaged because I never got any digital issues emailed to me or anything. The only email I got was "Congrats on becoming a RZ GC unlocked blah blah"

If you reported your digital issues missing and they sent you them and the physical ones, would you send the physical ones back or call them and complain?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tempted to get a subscription for the Tank(x3) coupon, but that's $15 for a subscription that I'll barely use when I could just buy the damn game for $20.
Paying $15 for a subscription that if you get it now could get you a free game AND both digital and printable coupons to use in-store and online makes less sense than buying the game for $20 flat?

I use about 3-5 coupons a year from @Gamer now, mostly the $10 off $29.99 or higher pre-owned ones, but you do get other benefits.

You get 10% off PO games, 10% more when you trade in and you get those other coupons through the RZ site like the $10 off a year of PS+ or $5 off a 3 month PS+ one. So there's that too. This has definitely paid for itself for me every year since I first subscribed and paid for itself easily. You just have to keep an eye out for sales to stack the coupons with.

The last printed magazine will probably be December 2013 because the subscription went digital only in January 2013

The last printed magazine will probably be December 2013 because the subscription went digital only in January 20
My current print subscription is valid through March of 2014. I had a few extra months credited to me from WAY back in the olden days when you could just subscribe to @Gamer before GCU existed. When they started bundling @Gamer with GCU, they credited my GCU account with the remaining months from my mag only subscription. There are probably others in the same situation. Doubt if they will continue to send print issues in 2014, though, to the few of us in this situation.

I don't know why people are so up in arms about getting the physical magazine. Ever since the coupons went digital, I've been loving it. I hardly read the magazines anyway. I would honestly tear the coupons out, and leave the magazine somewhere around my house. Now that we can use the coupons online saves me an extra trip to the store on my days off. The only downfall about digital coupons is that for some reason they don't pop up during their last week of use. Once I receive the email, I export the coupons to a word document so I can view them offline etc. Plus that document won't expire. Just my two cents.

bread's done
Back