• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

GameStop PC Download Summer Sale

Here are just some of the deals this week during GameStop.com's PC Download Summer Sale:

• Monday - 70% off Hitman Absolution
  • Tuesday - 70% off Sleeping Dogs
  • Wednesday - 66% off Dishonored
  • Thursday – 80% off Just Cause 2
  • Friday - 40% off Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
  • Saturday - 75% off the Civilization Franchise

99x121_75p_dragonageorigins.jpg99x121_70p_sporeultdig.jpg99x121_50p_metro2033.jpg99x121_50p_sr3full.jpg

99x121_50p_deadislandgoty.jpg99x121_40p_brink.jpg99x121_33p_dragonborn.jpg99x121_75p_crysis2max.jpg

all PC games on sale

#2 Dramamine

Dramamine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

I've tried four times to place an order and they keep cancelling.  I've tried different CCs...oh well, I guess Gamestop doesn't want my money.

It's also not an immediate service.  It takes 2 hours for them to tell me each time it's been declined.  Wonder how long it'd take to get my key if it actually went through...

#3 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

Dishonored is $10 for today's deal

#4 SpiritualRemains

SpiritualRemains

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

I've tried four times to place an order and they keep cancelling.  I've tried different CCs...oh well, I guess Gamestop doesn't want my money.

It's also not an immediate service.  It takes 2 hours for them to tell me each time it's been declined.  Wonder how long it'd take to get my key if it actually went through...

I had this exact same problem during the fourth of July sale trying to preorder Saints Row 4.  I even tried Paypal.  Same thing happened.  I ended up just giving up.

#5 Dramamine

Dramamine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

Dishonored is $10 for today's deal

Good luck getting this to go through!

I had this exact same problem during the fourth of July sale trying to preorder Saints Row 4.  I even tried Paypal.  Same thing happened.  I ended up just giving up.

I tried a couple more times and called twice.  I was told they have one of the most strict billing policies on the internet which is why it takes so long to process and why a lot of people get rejected.  One time they said my billing email address didn't match...never even heard of matching an email address.  I just so happen to put all my gaming stuff in one email and use another for just about everything else.  

Even after changing the email address and copying & pasting my billing address straight from what my CC company had, I still couldn't get it to go.  This is especially exhausting since you have to wait 2-3 hours between trying to order.  The last person I talked to said I should wait three business days because now I'm flagged for trying to many times.

I don't see why Gamestop is even trying to get into digital distribution if they are going to make it so difficult to buy from them.  I should have grabbed Skyrim from Steam directly during the summer sale.  I'll just wait until another site has it cheap =/

#6 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

Is this $7.99 price-tag the cheapest Medal of Honor: Warfighter PC has been?

http://www.gamestop....arfighter/99639

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#7 Spacepest

Spacepest

Your Tax Dollars At Work

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

I always have the same problem with Gamestop, I can't ever order anything online from them because they keep rejecting all my credit cards. However, if I go into a brick and mortar store they can charge my credit card there with no problems--none of which helps me whenever I try to buy anything online, however. (I haven't tried Paypal yet though). And I hate going into their stores to deal with their employees.

"Videogames...why waste good technology (and $$$ ) on science and medicine?"

#8 y0shelite

y0shelite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

No issues here. Missed out on dishonored during the steam sale for the same price....same with borderlands 2.  But thanks to amazon and gamestop (surprisingly) i was able to snag both for the same prices. Not if only shogun 2 could come down a bit somewhere

#9 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

I always have the same problem with Gamestop, I can't ever order anything online from them because they keep rejecting all my credit cards. However, if I go into a brick and mortar store they can charge my credit card there with no problems--none of which helps me whenever I try to buy anything online, however. (I haven't tried Paypal yet though). And I hate going into their stores to deal with their employees.

Can you use your credit card to buy a gift card and use it for your online purchases?  Not sure how often you shop on GS.com but that is one potential solution. 

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10 Dramamine

Dramamine

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:09 AM

FYI, I was able to walk into a Gamestop store today and buy a PC download code at sale price.  Then put that code into the Gamestop app to get my Steam code.  Finally, I put that code into Steam and downloaded the game.